Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-22, 12:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Arrow 2022 Beauty Thread!

Here we go, 2022!

I have a question and a recommendation.

Question: Can anyone recommend a good electric razor for the legs? It is too cold in the shower for shaving this winter.

Recommendation: I've had a few folks ask about my pink hair. (Yup, it is pink in real life.)

I use a color depositing conditioner called Overtone. I like the rose gold the best. For some reason, having pink hair cheers me up.

They have every color in the rainbow. There are sample sizes to try. They are having a sale: 20% OFF $45+ sitewide. Use code: FLASHSALE (No, I don't work for them, I just love the product.)

Happy Beauty in the New Year!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 01:05 PM  
gigi

I don't have an answer to your question but I've discovered affordable skin care that I love: The Ordinary.

You have to do some research and learn how to use the products and find the right ones for your skin care needs but it is all I use right now!
Old 01-01-22, 01:19 PM  
tamib

I really like The Ordinary Buffet and I'm thinking about trying the Buffet with Copper Peptides but Maelove's Glowmaker is tempting me also. Anyone used both and have a preference?
Thanks.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 09:10 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Here we go, 2022!
Recommendation: I've had a few folks ask about my pink hair. (Yup, it is pink in real life.)

I use a color depositing conditioner called Overtone. I like the rose gold the best. For some reason, having pink hair cheers me up.

They have every color in the rainbow. There are sample sizes to try. They are having a sale: 20% OFF $45+ sitewide. Use code: FLASHSALE (No, I don't work for them, I just love the product.)

Happy Beauty in the New Year!
Enquiring minds want to know:
How long does the color last?
Do you reapply the daily conditioner daily?
I tried to go pink last year without bleaching and it didn't work. Strongly considering this - work might not love it...Oh well.
Maybe the vibrant silver? Then I could be like all the cool kids!
Old 01-02-22, 10:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I have been interested in trying Overtone for awhile. I dye my gray now but I want to use this to cover the grays instead of dyeing my hair. Does it work for that? I guess I can try a sample and experiment.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 12:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Enquiring minds want to know:
How long does the color last?
Do you reapply the daily conditioner daily?
A lot depends on your hair type, color and porosity. For me, the color lasts for weeks, getting less vivid as time passes. I use the daily conditioner when I wash my hair. They have formulas for dark hair. I tried some new sample colors and the front now has two bright magenta streaks. It came out a bit brighter than I expected. (Apparently this style of coloring is called a "money piece." Who knew I'd be fashionable in my later years? LOL!)

Bold Pink Money Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I have been interested in trying Overtone for awhile. I dye my gray now but I want to use this to cover the grays instead of dyeing my hair. Does it work for that? I guess I can try a sample and experiment.
It doesn't cover my grays, just makes them pink.

It is always best to do a few test strands. Of course, I never did that. I just piled it on and hoped for the best. I'm retired, so it doesn't matter if I look goofy.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 09:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Alta, thanks for starting the new thread; I value the yearly Beauty Thread as a great resource.

I could see how pink hair would cheer you up! My question about that - do you have to be careful that the color doesn't rub off on towels, sheets, etc.?

I don't have an electronic shaver recommendation, but I have pet peeve about women's razors - are we going to just keep adding number of blades indefinitely? I really don't like the 4 and 5 blade ones (I think the larger heads are harder to maneuver), but it's so hard to find anything less than that these days.

I'll have to think back on whether I have any beauty faves from this past year...

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 09:50 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Here we go, 2022!

I have a question and a recommendation.

Question: Can anyone recommend a good electric razor for the legs? It is too cold in the shower for shaving this winter.
I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

43,000+ reviews on Amazon. It does the job, but I personally still prefer non electric razors.
Old 01-03-22, 12:35 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

43,000+ reviews on Amazon. It does the job, but I personally still prefer non electric razors.
I think this is the one I have too.

I'd be interested to try the Overtone conditioner, but am a big chicken. My hair is at about knee length, and as much as I'd like to play with color I don't want an oops experience to cause me any trouble.

And FWIW, I'm perfectly happy with the Function of Beauty shampoo and conditioner I got at Target, after years and years of trying pretty much everything out there. At first I just tried the conditioner with no add-ins, and I liked that well enough that once I needed to replace it, I got the wavy shampoo and conditioner with add ins for length, color protection and deep conditioning. And if you're curious, the one they sell at Target has the nude peach fragrance (which I like and seem to tolerate, and I'm usually scent-sensitive.) They sell the larger sizes on their website, but it's more $$ than I want to splash out at once for hair care so I haven't yet tried to order direct.
Old 01-03-22, 02:07 PM  
warriorprincess

Last month,, I bought my DH a Braun Series 9 electric razor, and it's the best purchase I made all year! No more whisker kisses! Quite expensive at $300 but it's getting hard for him to shave, so well worth it for us.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2022 beauty, beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2022, electric razor, off topic, off-topic