Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-21, 09:21 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 23 and a neighborhood walk with DH.

DH's new recliner was delivered today so he's happy.

Anita, one thing I think we can say for sure is Adelija is making the most of her time in the US. I'm with Laura, don't think I've ever craved chicken livers. All the places we shop have had less on the shelves since COVID but Monday was particulary bad, possibly due to holiday shopping. Dog tails are hard on Christmas ornaments. When we had a dog I tried to put only unbreakable ornaments at tail level.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 08:48 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing Carcassonne, walking Gus, and putzing around - Adelija is planning on going to the Mall of America. At least the temperature will be back in the more normal range of the 20s today, so Gus should be able to handle a normal walk.

Paula, glad DH got his recliner and it meets his expectations. That's one piece of furniture I don't have here - I have a chair and ottoman in my office that I use for reading, but that's it. I was kind of surprised Gus was able to knock an ornament down - he's done it once since I got him 5 years ago. Adelija is a bit disappointed that she can't travel to Florida this spring and stay in a hotel. She needs her parent's friends cleared by the organization Adelija is with and she would have to stay with them in New York. Right now she's not that interested in going to New York to see them. Sorry, but I'm not driving or flying to Florida to be with her. She'd love to pout a bit about that .

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 09:50 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Ugh. Sorry I've been so in and out this week. I realized this morning that I didn't touch my computer yesterday. I'm spending time this morning catching up on VF and with email.

Over the past few weeks, when I found some time and wanted to relax, I tore apart small boxes to separate the kraft paper from the corrugated cardboard it covered. Then, I took the scraps I had left over from crafting and made focal images, some Christmas and some general. In the past few days, I've taken them and made cards with them. It has been a long time since I've crafted, other than making those pieces, and I've enjoyed it.

Other than that, I've been cooking, getting stuff done around the house, interacting with Polly, and taking DH to medical appointments.

Anita - I dipped the slices of liver in flour mixed with spices and fried it. On DH's birthday, my dad fried some onions to go with the liver. It's definitely a WV/country kind of meal. I hope you get some rest this New Year's around the parental stuff you need to do.

Paula - You'll do more on New Year's Eve than we will. We'll probably crash in front of the TV and watch some entertainment (not the ball dropping). It's good your DH's recliner was delivered. Hopefully, you'll both enjoy him being more comfortable.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 07:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning! Happy New year's Eve!

I'm planning on working at the WRC this morning and giving Gus a walk before the snow and cold really starts. Adelija is having some friends over for New Year's Eve - they'll probably be up all night and giggling. Me? I'll be back in bed by around 9 pm.

Laura, glad you'll be back to crafting this week! I'm sure home made cards are treasured . I don't think I've had fried liver to know whether I'd like the taste or not - I should try it in a restaurant before doing it myself. Is Polly coming inside more with the seasonal cold?

Happy New Year to Laura and Paula!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-31-21, 02:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Happy New Year's Eve. I cannot lie. I'm happier than normal to see this year come to an end. Here's hoping for a calmer 2022.

It's a beautiful spring day here. It's in the 70s, sunny, and balmy. It certainly hasn't felt like the week between Christmas and New Year this week with highs every day in the 60s and 70s.

I went to the grocery store this morning and this afternoon I'm catching up on the computer and I'll clean up the kitchen, eventually. DH isn't feeling very good, so he just laid down to see if he can sleep, so I'm trying to keep the house quiet.

We were surprised yesterday morning when Polly came in given the warmer temps. She generally has no desire to come in when it's warm - in the 50s or warmer - and it was been warm all week. Sometimes, she seems to want to come in when she hasn't gotten good rest because she has to be vigilant of dogs and sounds in case of any threats. She hasn't been in the house much over the past week other than yesterday, but it's supposed to get colder starting on Monday, so we will probably see more of her in the coming week.

Anita - Yeah, I'd eat it in a restaurant instead of cooking it, if I had that option. DH needs it to be gluten free and most of the restaurants that fix liver stereotypically do not do well with gluten-free cooking. I hope you have the New Year's Eve you want and that you get good sleep. Hopefully, you won't be able to hear the giggling from downstairs.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-31-21, 09:13 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE, ANITA AND LAURA

Goodbye 2021, Welcome 2022

Good evening. Workout this morning Pahla B Body Shaping day 25 Moderate Strength followed by Tamilee Floor Stretch.

We went to the cemetary where DH's family are and took flowers, we go about this time every year. It had rained so much we could hardly read the headstones. We had to spend time cleaning the headstones and DH got mud on himself. He managed to clean up enouugh to go to Annia's for lunch.

Anita, What a sweet visual of Adelija and friends giggling and ringing in the New Year. I remember those days - no wish to repeat them, but I do remember them with a smile. I hope you can be warm and snug in your bed at 9:00. Hope you and Gus got a nice walk. My advice on the liver and onions is don't bother to try it even in a restaurant, but that's my prejudice. Liver is one of those things that isn't worth the calories. Personally I'd rather eat almost anything other than liver, even jello and I hate jello.

Laura, hope your DH is feeling better. Polly will be moving in with you most nights soon as it will surely get colder in January/February. The warm days must be welcome, at least for now. My little nephew (who lives in Apex) asked Santa for snow on Christmas. He got a letter from Santa saying he brought snow from the North Pole and left it on the front lawn but it may have melted in the night because it was so warm and to look out the front door. Of course, no snow on the lawn.
Old 01-01-22, 09:54 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning! Happy New Year!

I've ended up with one more girl (from Uzbekistan) for the next week and then hopefully she'll move in to her new home. She's been going to a local high school (a different one from Adelija's but fairly nearby for me) and staying many miles away for the past month, so now supposedly she has a new home in the school district she goes to and a family that will take her in this coming week. Her first home didn't work out - seems like this bad living situation wasn't discovered in the screening .

Right now I've got 3 girls downstairs celebrating New Year's together - they wanted to bring a carload of school boys in for New Year's and I refused that - mean mom that I am . They went for a walk outside with the boys in the cold and were back in about a half an hour - brrrrr! They are still currently sleeping in. I had earplugs in so didn't hear them last night. Found out that they aren't supposed to talk in Russian amongst themselves, but it still happens... The girl from Uzbekistan is downstairs sleeping in the same bed (all 3) and will likely stay there for the next week - if she wants to, there is a sleeping sofa bed downstairs also that she can sleep in with a sleeping bag. They made some celebratory salads downstairs and drank a bottle of fancy soda.

Oy! There's 182 days till Adelija goes back to Latvia (June 2nd) - I've begun my countdown!

It's a seriously cold day out there - -10F right now - brrrrr! Wind chill brings the temps down to about -30F. I'll take Gus for a very short walk around the block, but that's it. I was going to take Adelija out for a New Year's lunch or dinner, but now that I have 2 girls (3 till 1:00), I may skip it. I'm packing up donations from my decluttering project and may drop it off this coming week - the bags have been sitting there for a year or so.... It's my project for 2022!

I do have an orchid that is starting to bloom (a Cymbidium) and my narcissus bulbs upstairs will likely bloom this coming week - gives me hope for spring!

Laura, the warm/cold weather front has been generating these nasty tornadoes in December - glad you're able to enjoy the warmth, but hope the storms aren't damaging. Polly is enjoying Hotel Laura - seems she has lots of personal door service to let her in and out as she desires . Hope DH feels better soon!

Paula, It's good to honor one's ancestors by going to visit their graves. My parents are cremated and buried in Milwaukee - I saw my dad's grave when we went and planted my mom and stepdad's ashes, but I don't make regular trips there. I'm kind of looking forward to having my ashes and my pets' ashes scattered when I go - I don't want to be planted in one plot. I think it's funny to hear Adelija's voice when friends are over - I swear her giggles are an octave higher than her speaking voice . I enjoy a bit of liverwurst sausage, but haven't had luck enjoying straight liver - I didn't bread it like Laura does when I tried it many years ago. I haven't had jello in a long time, but enjoy it in small doses.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-01-22, 03:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Happy New Year. We picked up Chinese food and took it over to Mom and Dad's. It was a nice meal. DH is feeling better than yesterday, but still not very good. Right now, he's setting up the iPad he got for Christmas. We'll hang out the rest of the evening.

Anita - Sorry you had to be a mean mom about the boys. It's nice of you to put up the new girl until her new home becomes available. It sounds like she originally ended up in a bad situation. Yeah, Polly enjoys having the option of coming in when she wants. She is frustrated that we won't let her in the main living area with us. She acts like we just aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer and it's taking a ridiculous amount of time for us understand what she wants. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow (100% chance). We'll probably see a lot of her tomorrow.

Paula - Yeah, to each their own. I don't hate liver, but wouldn't ask for it or want it on my own. That's pretty funny about Santa delivering snow, but it being too warm.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-01-22, 09:55 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 26 Core Strength, some stretching and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Today I baked to loaves of Banana bread and took down the Christmas stuff on the fireplace mantle and the outdoor wreaths. Still more to go, but I put it up in stages and take it down the same way.

Anita, Brrr...hope you and Gus got to walk long enough for him to get cleaned out. You're a softy if you now have two girls. Congratulations on being the mean Mom on the boys - good call. Somehow I think when Adelija leaves you'll miss her company. Yay on the orchid blooming. Some of my succulents are getting ready to bloom. The spikes are up and I can see red tips- they'll be beautiful when they fully open.

Laura, Glad you had a nice New Year's Eve. Take out Chinese sounds yummy. Love the visual of Polly acting as though she thinks you two aren't very bright because you don't know what she wants.