Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-21, 05:51 PM  
horusosiris

Manleym- Happy Anniversary to you and DH! How many years?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 06:36 PM  
manleym

Love that we share the same Anniversary Cataddict! Happy Anniversary to ya'll as well!
We're 15 years today!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 07:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Just a quick post to say Happy Anniversary to the happy couples! Very cool that you have the same anniversary -- not so common in December!
Old 12-17-21, 01:44 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!!! Well once again the week got away from me..seems to happen more when there are doctors appointments. I'll go back and read posts but just wanted to check in quick.

I am pretty hooked on Cathe Live for the moment but did mix it up a little.

Mon: Live 25 Strong Upper Body with Core. I had actually done this way back when I had subscribed before. Super good, excellent core and lots of heavy weights.

Tues: Live 5 Cardio Leg Blast with High Step. Kick butt...literally. High step from 1 and 2 risers for the cardio, to 3, 4, and 5 for the strength work. Legs get burned out from every direction and plenty of cardio effect. Little floor work, little core, lots of butt ache.

Wed: Justin's Dr appointment...chemo "juice" numbers still going down to 74. Normal is 35. I did get in a little Yoga.

Thurs: Live 31 High Low Hiit and 207 Cardio Fusion. Both excellent together. 31 does use a 10lb weight to boost the cardio. Nice high and low and a bit of core work at the end. 207 was a great mix of boxing, old school cardio and HiiT. Most excellent together.

Today: Change of pace..Michelle Dozois Your Best Body Circuit. I just got this in a trade and first time doing it. Really nice. I love her Peak 10 workouts and this was just a tad easier but I also went heavier than Peak 10 and am feeling it. Circuits of cardio and strength and a little core.

Now the weekend is here. I think I'm done buying xmas gifts..I think.
Hope you all are well..now back to reading posts. HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 05:07 PM  
ChelePA

Hope you both had a nice anniversary day!

Kate – I think I would be addicted to Cathe live if I got it too. Someday…. My husband actually bought it as a gift the one year. I did the free trial to see if I wanted to do demand or just live. And then never officially signed back up.

Today I did such a fun cycling workout. All the music was Abba. It was definitely a feel good class.

Any plans for the weekend? We have all of our sinks slowly dripping. We lived in this house for over 11 years and they all are going at the same time. So funny. Hoping my husband can get them all fixed on Saturday or Sunday I called multiple plumbers but none of them are getting back to me. So frustrating. I was trying to give him one less thing to worry about. My small little Christmas Eve gathering keeps getting bigger. Making me a little nervous. I’m ordering lots of the food (Italian) and making a few desserts plus vodka rigatoni and meatballs.

TGIF!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 10:44 AM  
Mickey12

ChelePA that Abba workout sounds fun! I love Abba, such fun happy pop songs. My husband and I have seen the musical Mama Mia about 4 times, we love it! And your Christmas Eve menu sounds very, very yummy. Gotta love Italian food.

This morning I did a Charlene Prickett weight workout. I got it in before we left for a family gathering near Philadelphia. I’m typing this while in the car and it’s not a pretty sight, ha! Looking forward to the gathering. It’s for Christmas and we’re also celebrating a wedding and an engagement so we have lots to be happy about.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 12-18-21, 02:16 PM  
ChelePA

Kim…have fun!!! So much to celebrate!

I did another ABBA 15 minute workout followed by a 20 minute pop music cycling class. I think I will do the Mamma Mia ride tomorrow or Monday. It’s a 30 minute class with one of my favorite instructors. I have also seen Mamma Mia on Broadway. Christmas gift for me and my mom a few years ago. Loved it!

Happy Weekend to All!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 05:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all! Oy, I'm behind again!

The workouts: Cathe Live #372 Bands & Loops, etc. & #245 Upper Body Core Crush. I also did Perfect 30 HiiT low impact followed by a HEAVILY modified High Impact. I also had a gym day, a "just walking" day, Bake Max day, Chris Dorner Disco Step & Caroline Girvan "20 minute" Upper Body Circuit (which was 25, and actually 30 with a warmup). I also inserted Paul Katami's foam roller "repair" video, which I will most likely do today as well.

The Caroline workout was just "so so." I didn't realize that the same circuit would be repeated 3 times, and although it was an upper body workout it was more shoulder heavy than I would have preferred. I chose it because I was looking for a roughly 30 minute UB workout that I could use when I was short on time, but I'm going to keep looking for one that works better for me.

I really liked the Chris Dorner step. I have to be careful so as to not do them too much and that's hard since I like them so well! Today I'm going to try some floor cardio from her and see if I like it too.

So I've been having an issue with my IT band, I suspect from the repetitive movement on the cardio machines at the gym, even if I alternate among them. I decided to skip Wednesday and Friday gym days and it seems to be getting better. I think the foam rolling I did yesterday has helped, along with doing "regular" at home cardio rather than the machines.

I'll catch up on another post!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 05:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

In other news, for our anniversary we ordered a take out dinner from one of our favorite places (it has a delicious beet wrap--wish I could duplicate it!) and drank some Pennsylvania wine. It was a nice day, not exciting, but relaxing and enjoyable.

The trio is still doing well, separately and together. They have been a joy! Our weather has been crazy---70s one day, 40s the next. We have no real holiday plans, other than to spend some time with the local grandchildren. We have been around the neighborhood looking at lights as some neighbors really do it up for Christmas! One family puts out a yard full of various and sundry lighted pigs, and we so look forward to seeing it every year.

Chele, your progress has been great. Great that you've found some cycling workouts that are fun for you! I'm glad to see you posting more often.

Kim, your trip to WDW sounds fun. It's also nice that you are getting together with family now that you are back home.

bee, Bake Max was baking the molasses cookies to mail to my sister and a friend/former co-worker who retired before my husband. His wife's idea of baking is a Duncan Hines cake mix, so he always loved it when I would bake his birthday cake (carrot) or some cookies for DH to take to work as a treat. I made the cookies too big in the first batch so they got interconnected and were NOT bakery perfect, so we kept those to eat ourselves, much to my husband's dismay. The next two batches were bakery perfect, so off they went. Oh, and DH and I were living in Florida when we got married, and it was hot as all get out even in December.

Kate, you sound just like me with doing so many Cathe Lives! I sprinkle in some other instructors/activities but I've still got so many left to try! It sounds like good news for Justin's numbers?

manley, sounds like some great holiday plans with family! So exciting!

horusosiris, we are still leary about traveling, particularly by air. I know the vaccine cards were done in a hurry, but they aren't exactly hard to duplicate/i.e. fake. It makes me a bit nervous, although we aren't hindering any plans in our local area. We are looking at spring to do some driving trips at least.

MamaW, glad you checked in! FYI it's common that when a feral cat is neutered/spayed that a tiny bit of the ear flap is removed (a "notch") before the cat is released back into the native area so anyone who sees him/her will know he/she has been fixed. We didn't know this when we trapped our other 3 ferals, but our guys pretty much stay around our place and the neighbors know them.

BabyW, darn, this post is long, probably way longer than you want to read! We debate every year about sending cards. Fewer and fewer people are doing so it seems. Sending hugs your way!

FN1 and Nathalie, hope all is well!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 06:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele, your Christmas plans sound great..... and yummy! I am going to make some nicer-than-usual pasta for Christmas Eve. They seem to be advising that family gatherings for Christmas are ok assuming everyone is vaccinated. My kid has been at the Albany airport nearly all day, and I've seen what those NY numbers are, so..... there's that. Fortunately he got his booster a couple of weeks ago so it should be prime strength.

Kim, I loved reading that one sentence about your celebrations.... yes! Lots to be happy about and celebrate -- that is wonderful! Enjoy! And I commend you for typing in the car. :-)

cataddict, I sometimes fall for Caroline's trap, too..... and realize it's very repetitive. I do like her workouts, in spite of the repetition at times. So funny.... I was also looking for a shorter upper body, and I did one of hers -- not sure if it was that same one or not, but also repetitive and also shoulder heavy. It was one of those with a "staple" move (I don't think that's the word she uses but I can't think of it now! ) which was a shoulder thing (now I can't even remember if that was a shoulder press or a lateral raise).

Sounds like a nice anniversary! And the cookies sound great! I'm doing a bit of bake max myself. Made banana bread already (because, well, black bananas.... I HAD to!), and I'm about to make a copycat version of Trader Jo's peppermint jo jo's because they are my son's favorite and I do have a couple of boxes squirreled away for him, but they were hard to come by this year so I found the recipe just in case and I want to see if I can do it. I tried one batch already that was ok but I know what I need to do to make them better.

Enjoy those kitties! I'm being serenaded by a snoring dog as I type this.

That Abba cycling workout did sound like a hoot! I took a page from Chele today and decided to try a CL cycling workout. We have a recumbent stationary bike that my husband uses -- he can do that without his feet hurting. Boy howdy she got my heart pumping! More than her hiit workouts, I think. Wow! I'm going to try to do one a week or so.

Waves to all!!

Tags
watulan check-in