Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-19, 12:00 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
What I've come to realize, for my lifestyle, is that more isn't better. It actually stresses me to have too many choices. I feel like I can actually focus on a set amount of routines after my purge.

This is one reason I hesitate to subscribe to Cathe's On Demand. I would feel so overwhelmed and not know where to start. The workout blender in theory sounds great but just trying to figure out what segments of what workouts I actually wanted to do would take me forever and then I wouldn't have time to workout at all!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 12:24 PM  
TinaT

Annette, great point. I really do have all I need in the 6 Classic Firms and 12 WHFN Series. They did such a great job with the chaptering in all of them, that's its quick and easy to customize my workouts.

I have others, but again, minimal of each.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 10:29 PM  
Sunshine

Red face

I still have all of the original Firms, many BMG Firms, almost all of Cathe, and so on adding up to 1000+ .. and incredibly, I do them all!

I have an excel spreadsheet where I keep track of which workouts I've done, and do the ones I haven't done, some come up on my rotation every 3 to 5 years, so every time I work out is like I just bought a new workout. Always fresh. so I don't get bored.

If I don't like or can't do a move, I do a different move or modify.

and yes I have the Firm Ballroom, and I've done it twice. but I paid the original price. not a hundred.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 08:17 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
I still have all of the original Firms, many BMG Firms, almost all of Cathe, and so on adding up to 1000+ .. and incredibly, I do them all!

I have an excel spreadsheet where I keep track of which workouts I've done, and do the ones I haven't done, some come up on my rotation every 3 to 5 years, so every time I work out is like I just bought a new workout. Always fresh. so I don't get bored.

and yes I have the Firm Ballroom, and I've done it twice. but I paid the original price. not a hundred.
Amazing! I have tried before to rotate through my numerous workouts but I keep getting stuck on certain workouts that I like. Maybe I'll try again - but I may pass on the ballroom workout
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 11:08 AM  
kat999

Wow, Sunshine, your plan is very elaborate and awesome! I just keep all my workouts in categories in two big drawers in my workout room, and I keep them in an order that I set up a long time ago that allows for some variety and different difficulty levels. When it's a particular day I've assigned to myself (HIIT, cardio, AWT, or yoga/Pilates), I just reach for the DVD at the far left of that category and don't let myself question it. Then after I've completed it, I put it on the far right and let the rotation continue.
Old 03-21-19, 11:18 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:

I do this too. I have kept a big spreadsheet for years of all my workouts past and present. I have to admit to over 600+ workouts, so I try to keep track of everything. And yes, I rotate through all of them too but also have some streaming subscriptions I rotate through also. Vidiot and variety junkie here!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 11:43 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
I do this too. I have kept a big spreadsheet for years of all my workouts past and present. I have to admit to over 600+ workouts, so I try to keep track of everything. And yes, I rotate through all of them too but also have some streaming subscriptions I rotate through also. Vidiot and variety junkie here!
quoting both of you to validate my inner feelings.

i have a spreadsheet too that i updated last year. i continue to acquire! including The Firm where i shopped at Fitness Favorites last year during their final sale.

the last one i NEED in my Firm collection is Lower Body Sculpting with Kathy Derry as host on DVD.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 11:52 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Please let me know what you are looking for. I am decluttering DVDs and would be glad to send you anything I am not using.
Me too. I have a ton of firms especially

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-19, 06:30 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:

I had the original Ballroom Aerobics workout on VHS, then loaned it to a friend who accidentally broke the tape. I was annoyed at that, because I could have sold it for big bucks maybe. The workout itself I didn't like that much anyway.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, decluttering