Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-19, 08:59 AM  
TinaT

I did the unthinkable... but it's all good. :)

I sold the majority of my FIRM collection. Yes, it was time. I will always be one of Anna's biggest fans and be a voice for what great workouts they are. But my brain was on overload with what to do, when to do it, etc. Simplifying my life is really key this year. So for me, I had too many dvds and they were collecting dust.

I kept the original 6 Classics. All of them can be broken into shorter routines with how they've been chaptered. I also have the complete 12 WHFN Kickbutts and Fitprimes. These are the ones that get used the most. So, I still have some of Anna's work, but I realized I don't need all of them be a Firmie.

I'm really enjoying Karen Voight right now. I'm also chipping away at Jessica Smith's WS3. I feel like I've given myself permission to use other instructors b/c my collection isn't so big now. I've always believed variety keeps up motiviation. But too much can be overwhelming. At least for me.

If you're overwhelmed, it's ok to let go. Hope everyone is doing well.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 09:11 AM  
bubbles76

If you change your mind you can always stream. Congrats on simplifying your workout life! I am slowly getting there myself.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 09:25 AM  
TinaT

bubbles76 ~ I've been able to let of other things in my life without overthinking it. But letting go of these workouts was really tough. I know I had an emotional bond to them ... yet I wouldn't reach for them. Silly.

I'm not one to hoard or put too much value is stuff. I appreciate what I have, but if it's not being used, I enjoy knowing someone else might get better use of it. My emotional attachment to the workouts was becoming a barrier of sorts. Now that they're gone, I feel free to move forward with other methods.

I still have the 6 Classics when I need a fix.
Old 03-11-19, 09:50 AM  
donnamp

Tina - sounds like a good plan. I agree, variety is good to a point.....but after a certain point is is too much and too overwhelming!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 01:03 PM  
rhbrand

I really think I need to "Marie Kondo" my workout collection. I've got SOOO many and SOOO many I won't do or I'll do once and it will sit for another year taking up space.

Eventually this spring, I'm going to slowly declutter my dvd collection.
Old 03-11-19, 01:24 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I really think I need to "Marie Kondo" my workout collection. I've got SOOO many and SOOO many I won't do or I'll do once and it will sit for another year taking up space.

Eventually this spring, I'm going to slowly declutter my dvd collection.
This is me, too. I even put some away in a box about a year or so ago and have I even looked for them?? NO!!

this is the only area in my life I have trouble with in terms of "hoarding"!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 01:39 PM  
Gams

I’m doing just the opposite right now - reacquiring workouts I got rid of years ago because I thought they were too easy. 😁
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 02:04 PM  
Sara1000

I can't get rid of my FIRM workouts even though I never want to do them. I think it dates back (many of you won't remember) when the workouts were only on VHS and many were out of print so you had to compete for them on eBay. I think the most difficult to acquire was the Ballroom Aerobics, a combination of the cardio sections of The Tortoise and The Hare workouts, and originally came in a plain white cover - it hardly ever came up on eBay but I was able to snare one - I sat with my finger on Bid as the clock ticked down to the closing minute! I think I paid $75 which was a steal.

I probably did it twice before it went into a shoe box, where it remains to this day And no, I won't get rid of it.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 02:05 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’m doing just the opposite right now - reacquiring workouts I got rid of years ago because I thought they were too easy. 😁
Please let me know what you are looking for. I am decluttering DVDs and would be glad to send you anything I am not using.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-19, 03:57 PM  
TinaT

I decided if I really want them back, I can try the streaming. Hopefully by then they will all be uploaded and available. Otherwise, having all these WOs sitting on a shelf stresses me. I don't know why, but it does. I kept my absolute favorites and that's good enough. I also have TL Longevity and Focus Series, Season 9 of CS, some Suzanne Bowen, KV, JS, and a few BB.

Plenty to work with. OH... and let's not forget... My Jumpsport Rebounder!!

Tags
declutter, decluttering