Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-19, 05:39 PM  
dmlarue1

I just donated my kettlebells and kettlebell DVDs. I am honestly more a pilates/yoga/classical stretch girl. Whenever I looked at them I just felt guilty for spending the money and not using it.
It felt so much better letting go of them.

We have also been doing this in my home. We have lived here 5 years and the clutter just slowly accumulates. We gave away a ton of stuff to goodwill.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 11:26 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Kudos to you!
I am in the process of decluttering all manner of things. Fitness wise, I sold some weights and a heavy bag a few weeks ago as well as some DVDs and have been gifting DVDs to people here through share the wealth.

I have a pile of paper workouts next to me as I type this to go through this weekend. It was driving me to distraction earlier today as I was trying to work out in my basement gym.
I am hoping that clearing and organizing the fitness clutter will help me focus on actually exercising.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 06:51 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Kudos to you!p

I have a pile of paper workouts next to me as I type this to go through this weekend. It was driving me to distraction earlier today as I was trying to work out in my basement gym.
I am hoping that clearing and organizing the fitness clutter will help me focus on actually exercising.
Exactly this!!
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 07:45 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Agree! I'm taking the first steps of moving some long-unused DVDs into a plastic storage bin, where they will live in the closet for six months. If I don't use them or miss them, away they go.

Congrats on all your hard work, Leela!
I am planning on doing this as well. I would really like to get down to 50 DVDs if possible. I have some that used to be favorites that I haven't reached for in some time but I want to be sure before parting with them for good. But I seem to reach for the same ones repeatedly and as I get older I feel that I just don't need so many anymore.

I also wonder about my really heavy weights, I have one 20lb dumbell that I cannot remember the last time that I used, I wouldn't mind getting rid of that, other stuff like slanted risers, pilates ring, things that were used a couple of times. What a waste of money.

Same with everything else, one good thing is that I am not buying nearly as much of anything as I used to, therefore keeping the clutter down. But will be going through clothes this spring and anything that I really don't like anymore is going to go.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter