Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Questions about using this Forum software

Old 05-21-18, 01:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Exclamation attention mods regarding "manleym"

Hi -

a new member, manleym, has been waiting for her VF account to be approved. it's not clear whether she is in the system or not. she keeps getting an error message when trying to post.

could someone investigate the status of that account and post back on this thread?

just FYI, this is a friend of VFer Sherri "sbh" who has been communicating with me via PM. i asked them to email Wendy but perhaps that email is inactive?

thanks. please keep us posted.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-18, 02:18 PM  
sbh

She said the same thing happened several years ago. She registered a couple of years ago as "melman", but the account was never activated. She emailed Wendy 3-4 times, but never heard anything. The account was never activated because she could not post or reply to a post. She sent messages from both her home and work emails, thinking one of them could have gone into Wendy's junk folder. No luck. So she reapplied for membership with a new name "manleym" and still has not had her membership activated.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-18, 01:49 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm hoping WWWendy hasn't lost interest in VF. Some of us pay to support this forum. It's too bad if there is no support for us.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-18, 02:53 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I would hate for VF to disappear. Facebook / Instagram just aren't the same.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-18, 03:52 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

someone joined today and yesterday, although it's possible they were enabled a long time ago, but only activated it recently. i'm just an exchange mod and don't have authority to grant access to new members - just mentioning it in hopes that the general mods are still working for VF .

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 05-23-18, 09:38 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I’ve reported the original post. Maybe that will help. That’s what the little red triangle in the very lower left corner under the name /join date/location is for. Not a lot of people know that.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-18, 12:49 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

It would be great if Wendy or the Mods (some of whom haven't been of VF in years) would give us some kind of Forum Status Report. Kind of like the President's "State of the Union" address.

Are the Mods that actually still belong to VF in any contact with Wendy?

If folks are having trouble contacting Forum Leaders to join or for name changes, what is going on?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-18, 02:03 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
It would be great if Wendy or the Mods (some of whom haven't been of VF in years) would give us some kind of Forum Status Report. Kind of like the President's "State of the Union" address.

Are the Mods that actually still belong to VF in any contact with Wendy?

If folks are having trouble contacting Forum Leaders to join or for name changes, what is going on?
I agree. Last August I renewed my membership by supporting VF but never got the "perks" that come with that although the payment was certainly taken (additional PMs, VF supporter status, etc). I tried emailing Wendy to no avail. I'm hoping my experience was a one-off glitch and others don't have this type of trouble. And I didn't make a fuss about it because I still think this forum is worth it even without those additions. However, if Wendy can't take care of the issues that crop up (for whatever reason), is it possible for her to provide those administrator privileges to one of the other moderators?
I would hate to see this forum go away...
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-18, 04:26 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Got it, thanks.

Sorry everyone, we’ve had a relatively recent death in the family which resulted in some unexpected caregiving and that along with some other life related stuff has put me way behind on basically everything.

Best email to reach me is wnkremer ((((at)))) Gmail

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-18, 06:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hi wendy, sorry to hear about your loss. thank you for circling back to us.