Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-11, 03:07 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Here I am looking into another fitness item to hold my interest.
Haha, I can identify with that.... I really want a Jump Sport 350, trying to talk DH into letting me have it for my upcoming bday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
My problem right now is I have almost no interest in doing any of my workout DVDs whether I like (or even love) them or not. And this began after I started working out with the Wii a couple of years ago. I love the interactiveness of the Wii. If a DVD is longer than 10 or 15 minutes I get bored.
I can relate to this! I find I can WIO for an hour...but I get bored with a dvd so quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post
Alison, I am getting to a point where I'm telling myself I just do not need to buy another workout! Ever!
I tell myself this too...but I still find myself looking! Why, I don't know!? (Darn these recent yoga threads!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 06:47 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Karen - I was looking around that site the other day. I was thinking it was a good idea until I typed in the names of three workouts I am currently interested in seeing and they had none of them. They all were relatively new, but had all been out for awhile. In one case, Chris Freytag, the search yielded only one of her workouts and I wondered how that is possible. Do you find it takes KineticFlix a long time to get workouts? Or did I just have bad luck that particular day?
Hi Laura - it really varies on how long it takes KineticFlix to get DVD's. Sometimes it seems like they get them right away but other times it takes longer. They do encourage suggestions. I've also noticed they don't get some of the "mainstream" DVD's as often as others. But they get so many that I'm interested in that I have a huge queue.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 10:48 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

As I look at my very large dvd collection, I keep coming to the conclusion that I almost never do any of my workouts more than 3 or 4 times. I doubt there is more 5 that I've used more than 10 times. And I do a LOT of home workouts.

I prefer outdoors but that doesn't always work.

Currently, I'm using the Gymbox. Can be streamed through roku, boxee box (which in theory plays on a computer) and samsung tvs and dvd players. Gymbox has hundreds of workouts. It's 10 dollars a month, but in the last couple weeks I've done 4 or 5 REALLY good and fun workouts. And a couple other workouts that were good but not stellar.

Great for those of us who are variety junkies. It has kickbox, dance (which is the add on for very long routines, I haven't found one of these I want to do too much stop and not enough go) yoga, step, wts, pilates, treadmill, spinning, and bootcampish cardio.

It's not perfect, but there are so many workouts, and they add more each week, you can't get that dread factor you get when you know a workout inside out and know when all the hard parts are coming.

I did a 40 minute interval workout today (labeled extreme cardio), tough but not brutal. Last week two fantastic step workouts, one 30 minutes, one 60. And a couple bad add on stretches- all the workouts aren't great. Yoga is also so so for the 30 minute classes, more class than workout. There was also something called the hundred- 10 wt exercises for 100 reps, each 40, then go through and do 30, then 20 and 10. Finished but major dread of another time.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 11:20 PM  
ilovemybirds

I've been doing that too, as of late. I bought a bunch of workouts on impulse, and then I previewed them and didn't like the looks of them, or I realized they really wouldn't work for me after all. I have twingy knees, and I have to be very careful to not do too many squats or lunges, so I'm very picky about what stays in my collection now. I'm submitting several of them into Amazon for the trade in program, and I may purge a few more soon.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, vidiocy recovery