Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-11, 02:19 PM  
Rhonda

I hear ya, I need to clean out my collection and see if Amazon will take it. If not then usually I am stuck with it.

Nowadays I am doing cardio on the spinning bike or treadmill. No more step, hurts my knees too much. I have most of Cathe and not sure if I will do them or if I need to sell them. I have a variety of others that haven't been touched in months if not years (think it is time to get rid of them).

I have found KCM to be a lot of fun and have acquired all her 30 minute workouts. Seem to be just enough for an evening workout.

So now you have got me thinking to get downstairs and clean out

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 02:22 PM  
ldy_solana

i just did some major cleaning on the shelves! some workouts i didn't want to give up but i had to be realistic, if i hadn't used them in the last 6 months (at least) then how long would it have been before i actually did them again! now that they are gone i really don't miss them to much. i plan on getting some more but only like one or two, and the new wii exerbeat game. been doing a lot of stuff on my own and only certain things with videos.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 02:36 PM  
Just_Jo

I have a small box with workouts that I don't/won't use. Others I keep on my shelf. I go through stages, sometimes I love X and other times I like Y. So no, I don't want to get rid of it all. I figure it's paid for, I do have the space to store it, and I'll only get rid of that which I know I won't use.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 02:53 PM  
kristi

I've been experiencing the same feeling. Its funny because I have a pile of DVDs I don't want anymore. However SASEs and trading seem like such a hassle. Not interested in the least at this point in time. One day I'm sure I will post a big SASE list and just wait for the envelopes to arrive.
kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 02:55 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I've been slowly going through my dvds and been giving away ones that I haven't done in the past year or so. I do have a friend in town who has been "borrowing" my dvds and that has been nice. I can store stuff at her house . I am trying to be real careful about what I purchase--because even if it's a great deal and just sits on my shelf--it's no deal at all!

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 03:06 PM  
topfitmama

No, I can't really relate, but I have only been properly addicted for the past few months. Ask me in a couple of years
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 03:13 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgel4 View Post
My problem is that a have 2 boxes full of VHS workouts that I no longer want.
I don't know what to do with them because no one else seems to want vhs anymore.
You can donate them to a battered women's shelter; more info on this thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=159997

I've been going through a major purge of my DVD's as well. I recently purchased binders, so I gave away over 200 empty cases, singles & doubles. I also gave away about 50 DVD's ... and there's no telling how many I've traded or sold since last December, when I decided to start an "All My Workouts" challenge to help me get through .... All My Workouts!

In addition to DVD's, I seem to do a periodic purge of clothes, mostly shirts and other tops (it's so hard to find pants that fit me; I hang on to those until they fall apart! ) I am a "pajamas" junkie as well, and I've had to stop myself from picking up another "really cute pair" of PJ's when I've already had to get rid of several pair to clear some space in my PJ drawer!

So, yes -- sometimes I do feel like I just want to chuck it all and see what I really do miss.
Old 05-18-11, 03:28 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
If you end up getting the new Zumba, let us know how you like it! The commercial on YouTube looks good. Like your own personal dance party!
Don't turn this into an enabling thread! Just kidding.

Well, 36 dvds are going into a sealed box. I kept a list, so if I actually seek out a dvd from this box that will be telling. But as I previewed all of them, I was sort of "eh" on them. Some of them had poor chaptering that rendered them unusable for me (yes I'm spoiled), there was no fun, or I just felt I'd outgrown them. Not terrible workouts, just nothing that makes me *want* to work out, you know?

I still have one loosely-packed shelf, and rediscovered some workouts that got pushed aside. It's like walking into a party and seeing good friends that I can count on.

That's not to say I'll never buy a new dvd again, but the OCD queen inside will not want to go past one shelf. So maybe this will curb my credit card. Somewhere, Mary at Totalfitness is weeping.
Old 05-18-11, 03:30 PM  
sherry7899

I'm sorry-if I get and like the new Zumba when it's on QVC, I'll start a separate thread

Rose, that's great if you can fit all your workouts on one shelf!

I'm debating whether to keep or sell some bellydance dvds...I was so excited to get them, but they just don't seem to fit into anything-not enough cardio, not quite really toning...

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 04:09 PM  
LAC

Did you ever just want to get rid of it all?

Yes. Earlier this year I donated a big box of DVDs and workout equipment to the local thrift store and I don't miss any of it. Now as I look around my house, I keep thinking that there is a lot more stuff I'd like to clear out, exercise related and otherwise. It's just a matter of setting aside the time to actually do it...
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter