Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-11, 10:34 AM  
LAC

I donated my ramp and ramping DVDs to the local thrift store last year and haven't missed them at all. The next thing I need to convince myself I can let go of is my home sized step. I really don't enjoy step workouts and have gotten rid of all of my step DVDs. The short step is no good to me as a weight bench, so it has no purpose, but it's so cute and so pretty (pink!), every time I try to put it in the car to take it away, I just can't do it! Aaargh!!! Good luck with your decluttering Sherry!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 10:54 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, LAC! I got rid of my home sized step about a month ago, but still have the full sized step....I'm not sure about keeping it or not. I'm not a big fan of step and pretty much only do Gin Miller workouts. I've been doing step on the floor lately, so I'm not sure I even need the step again or not. I hate dragging it out for weights, too.

Sherry
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 10:57 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I just loaned a friend about 15 dvds--mostly "pink" Firms and a few odds and ends. Since delving into CS and some barre my back and neck are so much better. I'm thinking I should be doing more cardio but perhaps the AWT is out for a bit.

My problem is more what to do with my heavier weights stuff. I keep some workouts for my boys and dh, but can't see them doing CLX and I have problems with a disc in my set. I couldn't sell it.

I hate to get rid of good programs, too. I should just box some of my faves away-maybe I'll do them again.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 11:36 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Another declutterer here. I went through all my workouts right after Christmas and sold a bunch on Amazon. Everything that I didn't use, didn't like, or hurt my back, etc., went in a big box. I got rid of Powerfit and Powerfit Harmony--didn't click with either one.

My logic was that lots of people would jump on the fitness bandwagon as soon as the new year started, and I was right. I got lots of sales right away. I want to keep my collection down to a manageable size. I did cave on the new season of Classical Stretch, but other than that, I'm trying to stay true to my no-buying-until-July challenge.

I still have my ramp, though, and even though I haven't used it for a while, I think it's a good substitute for regular step, which always messes up one of my knees. This is my second ramp. I donated the first one to a thrift store, then I missed it about a year later and bought another one.

So far I haven't regretted getting rid of anything. I'm trying to pare down and simplify my life in general, and this was a good first step!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 12:28 PM  
bearcatfan

I'm at a good point right now. I went through a phase where I decluttered a lot of Cathe and now am finally to the point where I have it all back. So I've learned that just because I'm not doing it now doesn't mean I won't do it later. Not helpful if you are trying to cull the herd, though.

There are probably 5-10 dvds I could get rid of and never miss again. Maybe I should look over my shelf again.

I go back and forth about getting rid of my BOSU. I haven't used it in about two years, but I still have it. For some reason. I can't quite donate it. Sigh.
Old 01-16-11, 12:37 PM  
wallace22

At the end of last year, I joined the "slow buying" thread. Made a vow to buy less and smarter. Then, I took a long look at my collection and sold or gave away 40 workouts. My last purchase Of 2010 was Firm Express, which will fit perfectly into my daily schedule. My next planned purchase for this year will be KCM.

Angela
wallace22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 01:42 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
Yo-yo decluttering! That's me too!
Ditto!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 03:06 PM  
cardiomama

I pared down my collection of fitness videos, and do not miss whatever I got rid of. And I am planning to limit future fitness video purchases, so I won't acquire much more to take the place of what is gone. I don't plan to get rid of any equipment, I use what I have regularly. Still dreaming/hoping to get a good bench though, and my equipment list will be complete.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 08:21 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Hmm I need to evaluate what I have. I have not done some of my older Firms in forever. I have not done them in so long I can't even remember the names. There's the one with Carissa that I like ok. I don't even know if it is on dvd. I got a couple of the Classics on dvd. I really need to decide about these. I have an odd attachment to them. I started my collection with the Firm. I will keep Firm Basics. Do I need to have Vol 6 on VHS and DVD? Same with Vol 4? I also have a few others that I don't know why I am keeping them other than I think I might need them someday. The rest of my house really is not cluttered so I don't get this.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 05:47 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I'm good at the culling; it's the actual getting rid of where I fall down. I drug up my boxes of DVDs-to-go from the storage room and actually put up some trade lists. First I'll try to get some of the things on my wish list and then I'll turn some in to Amazon for credit and give away the rest.

I've already managed a few trades - so far so good.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, large collection, ramp, ramping, walkblaster