Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-06, 05:10 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytail
Something that has had me worried – and that’s probably hindered her recovery – is the fact that Cathe usually gets really “cut” before a video shoot. What if she’s kept herself at her “filming weight” this entire time? That can’t be good for her. I know she’s fit and thin at ALL times, but Cathe herself has said that she keeps her body fat much lower during filming.

And this whole Clear Channel thing - I'm sure she's a nervous wreck. Poor Cathe.
Jill, I worry about this, too. Especially if Cathe is as cut as she was in the HardCore series.

I would hate to see this thread turn into bashing any of the background exercisers........................................ ........
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 05:31 PM  
fitnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan
I don’t want the extended presales to be changed. I like the big discounts and don’t mind the trade off. I can’t think of any reason to do away with the per-order as it is now. People can decide whether or not it is a good offer for them. I would hate to be stuck with a zero to 10% discount in exchange for a shorter presale time.jordan
ITA! I made the decision to jump in early in order to get the big discount, and I'm still content to wait. I completely understand if others want their money back, and Cathe's been quite willing to do that all along, as far as I can tell. On the one hand, I can see how people would like a do-over with the original lowest prices, but if she did that I might feel like a bit of a schmuck for sticking with her. So, how about this: restart the presale with the lowest prices once filming has begun, offer "tier 2" pricing after completion and full price once the discs are ready to mail. Then, as a thank you to those who stuck it out for a year (or whatever the actual time turns out to be) give us an extra DVD or 2 of our choice. Anna Benson did something similar once, and I thought it was a classy gesture. Cathe would gain more in goodwill than she would lose in the cost of the DVDs.
fitnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 05:37 PM  
fitnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B
This sounds like the sort of nagging injury that ends many a pro athlete's career before 40...Cathe's been pretty much beating herself up physically for the past ten years straight.
Comments like this certainly get me thinking - if Cathe, who has kept herself in top shape her entire life, can be this seriously sidelined by injuries, how safe are her workouts? I know my body can't handle her tough stuff day in and day out anymore (but I'm nowhere near her shape!). I hope she becomes the role model for balance in the future, and goes further in encouraging her clients to avoid overdoing it.
fitnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 06:32 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnancy
(snip) I can see how people would like a do-over with the original lowest prices, but if she did that I might feel like a bit of a schmuck for sticking with her. So, how about this: restart the presale with the lowest prices once filming has begun, offer "tier 2" pricing after completion and full price once the discs are ready to mail. Then, as a thank you...(snip)
I've been thinking about this some more and I think that it opens a can of worms. Reading your post confirms my thoughts. Everyone will feel differently about how to resolve the issue and some are bound to be upset. It is best to stay with the original agreement. Anyone who cancelled understood the consequences of their actions. When I look at the number of people [in the sample of people who have voiced their opinions] more people have kept their pre-orders than have cancelled. Of the people who cancelled, the odds are that only a percentage of the people will pre-order a second time. So it follows that more people would be upset over any changes. In addition to the initial offering there have been two increases. Changing the price would involve these people also. I think that it would be better to continue to honor the original pre-order offer. People who cancelled received a refund and can still pre-order at a discounted rate.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 06:53 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Comments like this certainly get me thinking - if Cathe, who has kept herself in top shape her entire life, can be this seriously sidelined by injuries, how safe are her workouts? I know my body can't handle her tough stuff day in and day out anymore (but I'm nowhere near her shape!). I hope she becomes the role model for balance in the future, and goes further in encouraging her clients to avoid overdoing it.
Hi fitnancy,

It is my understanding that Cathe has been active most of her life. She has been in this line of work since her teens. I would think that if her workouts were unsafe, they would have done her in before now. In my line of work, I have seen many inuries from all sorts of things and in all types of people. Injuries happen. Runners are a good example of active people who get injured. Inactive people get injured all the time. You can't always get around injuries or illness. Learn all you can about fitness. Don't overtrain and use proper form. Follow proper nutrition guidelines and get proper rest. Arm yourself with all the knowledge you can. All this will help but it is not a guarentee for an injury free life. I have read replies from Cathe giving good advice for a healthy lifestyle but the follow through comes from the individual.

Your friend in fitness,
jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 07:46 PM  
DRD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H.
I don't see this at all. When Cathe posts her normal routine when not filming, it seems very reasonable and conservative to me. Sure, she has to bump it up when rehearsing for filming, but that's only a few weeks a year.

Erica

ETA link to Cathe posting her exercise routine:http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...ng_type=search

Thanks Erica, I was going to comment on the statement about beating herself physically, but you handled it nicely.
DRD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 07:49 PM  
DRD0

Quote:
Come on, my husband does not work-out and throws his neck out sneezing at his desk. Injuries are a part of life, whether we work out or not. Our bodies are not perfect machines, and sometimes they give a little. I am thinking she will probably recover faster than someone like my husband, who now has limited mobility in his shoulders, because he tends to protect instead of working it out and stretching and doing the PT exercises he is supposed to do.

Editing to add that I say Jordan already commented on this quite nicely and well said.
DRD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 08:45 PM  
Seabush

She can lead some of the strength workouts without actually doing them. Mari Winsor does it all the time.
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 09:41 PM  
Bebop

I'm not cancelling.

First of all, I'm struggling with some knee issues right now so I couldn't do those workouts right now even if they were shipping. I'm doing R.I.C.E. right along with Cathe.

I'm not buying any more workouts until I am completely healed. I did want to get more of the TLT's but I'm not buying anything until my knee heals. I figure by the time those workouts get filmed, edited and shipped, I'll be better(or have been to a Dr.)

Also, and this may sound crazy, but I want to see this "drama' out till the end. I'm sure I'll get my money back if the project has to be scrapped.

I think if Cathe didn't think she'd be able to film, she'd have cancelled by now.

If these workouts aren't filmed for months and I get better and decide to get more workouts, maybe I'd cancel, depending on the updates.

I'm not making sense. I think it's time for me to rest my knee and body and hit the hay.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-06, 09:49 PM  
Susan

I'm sorry about your knee, Bebop! I hope you recover quickly and completely!

One thing, though -- even when it feels completely better, be sure to start exercising VERY slowly! I have had bad knees since my bouts with Lyme Disease, and I learned the hard way that, after an injury, just because my knees may feel "normal," doesn't mean I can overdo exercise until I slowly re-strengthen my entire legs again. It's so easy to reinjure your knees, and it's so discouraging when that happens!

Susan