Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-22, 08:27 AM  
buffmama

I did the first workout of 40-4-40 today instead of my usual total body workout. Exactly what you would expect from Cee. So happy she changed her name back.
Old 05-18-22, 09:07 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I had preferred the Lift with Cee name too - anyone know why she changed/changed back?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 10:20 AM  
buffmama

My concern is that she would try to take her channel in a different direction to try and get more traffic perhaps starting with her focused ab workouts. But I know nothing and am waiting for the next program.
Old 05-18-22, 10:25 AM  
ellaenchanted

I also prefer Lift with Cee- seems more representative of her content.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 11:54 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Thanks for your feedback. I think I will do the 40-4-40 again in the future. The rest breaks and speed of the workout really helped to keep me motivated and looking forward to each workout. I hope I like PPL as much as I like 40-4-40. I would rather do workouts that I like doing, which helps me to be consistent in the long-term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
I did PPL as instructed (3 per week) right after 40-4-40. I did really like it, however I didn't get as great results as I did with 40-4-40. My muscle gains in all the nice places with 40-4-40 has been better than any other program. Her approach meant I can really focus on what I'm doing.
Also, many will probably not notice it but about 2/3rds of the way through PPL, there was editing to shorten the routine length so that just meant I had to pause more often. She was also not doing the slower tempo as much for arms. Again, I'm probably nit-picking which I realize we shouldn't do too harshly with generous (ie Free) trainers.
I'm glad she went back to Lift With Cee, too.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 07:07 AM  
Elsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Elsie, thanks for reporting on the PPL program. Why do you think 40-4-40 was more effective?

I'm sore from getting back on the 40-4-40 wagon last night. Those pistol squats getting up from the chair with one leg (ah, yeah, one heel raised here) were killer!
Unilateral Leg work is always humbling to me!!
I'm not exactly sure I know why it was so much more effective. I suppose my muscles at this time respond and recover optimally to moderately frequent training (3x weekly) of each muscle with more spaced out intensity. Now perhaps if I were doing PPL 6 days per week rather than 3, the results would have been better but I do not follow rotations requiring more than four days of my week. I've always required that amount of recovery time (sometimes more) even when I was in my early thirties. The other reason I can think of is that during PPL, I was having longer periods of inadequate sleep so there's a possibility too.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 10:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks for your feedback Elsie!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 05:52 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I work from home and it's a struggle -- and I'm 48 and in the thick of perimenopause. The loss of estrogen and progesterone has been huge for me. Just 4 years ago I was in the best shape of my life and weighed 152 pounds, lifted weights and did all types of cardio. Fast forward and now I struggle with daily injuries, exhaustion, a 35 lb weight gain, daily joint and muscle aches, numerous health issues. I can't do HRT because of blood clot issues and family breast cancer tendencies so I can attest that the effects of hormone loss are huge.

Once my latest injury heals, I'm going to try her beginner series. I like the slow but heavy approach but have never really given it a try.
Did you continue with the Beginner's series? I just started with the first workout today. Felt pretty good. I just went through menopause and had the dreaded weight gain and some other symptoms are still lingering..ugh. Not fun.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 08:22 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I did the Beginner's Series for about a month after not being able to exercise regularly for quite some time. I had lost a lot of strength and these workouts were just right for getting back to regular exercise. They were good preparation for doing her 40-4-40 program, which I loved. I did have to modify some exercises, particularly her ab work. I used her 8 minute warmup most of the time before doing her workouts, which I found to be very thorough. I'm several years past menopause.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 05:15 AM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I did the Beginner's Series for about a month after not being able to exercise regularly for quite some time. I had lost a lot of strength and these workouts were just right for getting back to regular exercise. They were good preparation for doing her 40-4-40 program, which I loved. I did have to modify some exercises, particularly her ab work. I used her 8 minute warmup most of the time before doing her workouts, which I found to be very thorough. I'm several years past menopause.
Awesome...I will do the beginner's program for a month and then see if I am ready to move on to the 40-4-40. I am returning to working out after Covid (with some lingering cough and tiredness) and so far so good.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl coulombe, eccentric weight training, lift with cee, move with cee, over 40, over 50, youtube, youtube strength