Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-18-22, 06:33 AM  
Garrie A.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes! It was a pretty good day. Sadly, since this week marks the beginning of Summer semester rush, I had to work on my birthday. Of course, Summer rush isn't really rush (I call it "the calm before the storm" that is Fall). Monday some of our systems were down, including our main one that processes financial aid transactions. But they were up and running again later yesterday morning.

My sister brought me some Chinese food, and my two bookstore co-workers gave me gift cards (Starbucks and a local fabric store)

My ex BF (the one I ended on good terms with earlier this year) wants to take me to dinner to celebrate today (since he had to work yesterday).

Gotta get ready for work. I'll be back to chat and post my workouts I've done so far this week.

Waves all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 07:19 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, I worked on my b-day, but I was able to take the next day off - hope you get a break too! I'm happy to hear that you and your ex ended on good terms; I talk to so many young people where this is not the case. Btw, I loved the cat quilt you posted on FB!

cyana, sorry to see you are swamped (and sorry about the curves) but happy to see you check in, and hooray for the week off next week! I think I might have seen that Upright Health channel before; I like his "Build Strength at Every Length" mantra.

Margot, very cool about the bird sanctuary! There is a small one near here that DH and I went to awhile back; we should check it out again.

My office move finally got scheduled - it's Monday! I have started to pack my office, but I'm really going to have to buckle down when I am there tomorrow and Friday.

Happy Hump Day!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 08:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 17
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D2
~ Fabulous lunch walk!!
~ Lift with Cee 40-4-40 day 10
~ 6,676 steps

It felt good to get back to Cee. I did it at home instead of the gym and felt much more comfortable at home, but definitely need to get some 12 and 15 pounders. Maybe a KB.

Garrie, I'm happy for you that you had a nice birthday. Enjoy your dinner!

Cyana, thanks for visiting! I was getting a little nervous. Oh no about Rocky the Raccoon. Good luck with the trapper. I had one that lived in my car for a week - long story. The trapper left the bated Have a Heart cage but in the meantime my teenaged-at-the-time son donned his bike helmet, ski masks, several coats, pants and DH's work gloves and chased the raccoon out of the car. Rocky was so traumatized that he never returned. Thank goodness you have a week off coming up.

Margot, your visit to the sanctuary sounds so nice. LOL about the stinky flamingos. Maybe their pond needs a good scrub down? Is it normal to see flamingos in the U.K.? I was surprised when my niece visited southern Ireland and sent home photos of palm trees.

Waves to one and all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 11:13 AM  
Garrie A.

So far this week workout-wise I've done:

Sunday:
CG Iron Series Day 1 (Legs)

Monday:
CG Iron Series Day 2 (Upper Body)

Yesterday (my birthday):
Ruth McGinnis Hot Country Step (VHS from 1993)

I ended up changing plans. Right now I'm thinking about mixing up Caroline Girvan's Iron series with various cardio. I might even pull out some fusion workouts and throw in an occasional Firm for variety. But Jessica's newest sounds good and I'm thinking I might pre-order that. I've never done a Jessica pre-order and only have a few of her DVDs (10 Pounds Down Better Body Blast and Feel Good Fusion, the latter of which which I need to try), but these new ones look great from the clips and descriptions.

Beth: I will have to check out those sweet potato brownies.

Sandra: Congrats on your upcoming retirement!

Paine: Get Ripped and Jacked was never on my radar. I've thought about getting it because I like slow tempo lifting (Cathe's Slow & Heavy, Amy Bento's Slo-Mo, and Sagi's two Body Beast Tempo workouts).

Margot: I've actually finished TWO quilts now, LOL! The first was big one I still need to take a picture of, and I've posted a picture of my second quilt to my profile (a smaller, wall hanging cat quilt--see my profile). And, I'm starting my third--another big one but a different design (log cabin). It's funny because I initially got my sewing machine mostly to do clothing, bags and the like. I never thought I would get into quilting. But once I made my first quilt, I was hooked!

Pat: I still need to check out Cee's 40-4-40 series.

Waves LOL!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 12:11 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I went for a neighborhood walk with my grandson this morning.

So far, the only DVD that appeals to me from Jessica's newest is her Stretch & Relax DVD so I'll probably buy that one. I didn't care for the video clips of her other DVDs in that set but I could change my mind after reading reviews.

Cyana, be careful with those raccoons. My sister had one in her backyard many years ago and she called animal control to come get it. They told her that raccoons can be vicious and attack you so it was good she called for help rather than go outside to try to shoo it away.
Thanks for the YouTube links!

Garrie, I like your cat quilt! You did a nice job on that one.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 02:20 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

Today's workouts:
- ETV Amanda's 45 minute class of 17 May
- 3 hours gardening
- Ellen B Standing Stretch
- 10 minutes of various back stretches, as my back was feeling a bit unhappy after all that kneeling work in the garden.

Cyana - Sorry to hear about your raccoon attack. I definitely wouldn't want to encounter one in my bathroom, or any critter actually. Thanks for the links. It's a good reminder that I need to work on my squat.

Sandra - I'm buying Jessica's Fusion program but like you, still not sure about her others.

Beth - Good luck with your move. Are you going back to the office you were in before?

Paine - Your walks with your grandson sound like such fun.

Pat - No, we don't have flamingos here in the UK. They have to keep them inside during the winter because our climate is too cold for them. I'm so glad that they finally moved them from the restaurant area - not very pleasant when you're eating! Yes, surprisingly, we do have palm trees here too, in Cornwall, where the winters stay relatively mild. I didn't know they had them in Ireland as well.

Garrie - I love your cat quilt. You're so clever. I know what it's like to get hooked on a hobby. You'll be knee deep in quilts soon. I used to paint on furniture and ended up with a houseful of stuff, then gave away a load until I ran of things to paint and in the end something else caught my attention!

Waves to Pam, Carolyn and anyone popping in today.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 02:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, I'm actually very glad that I'm NOT going back to my old office! That would feel like going backwards instead of forwards to me. Our new Director is currently in my old office (3rd occupant since I left). That office is within a small "suite" that has 3 other counselor office (one very tiny with no windows, so mainly used for interns/visitors). When we only had 3 staff counselors, that was enough for us! But now, in addition to the 3 housed on the suite, we have our 2 triage counselors just before the suite off the hall. Down the hall from the suite, we have an additional staff counselor on one side, and I will be on the other side. The office I am moving into currently houses our AOD (alcohol and other drug) counselor; she is moving into my current residence hall office, as she does more programming, etc. My new office is linked to another mini-suite (by a door and a bathroom) that houses our health promotion coordinator, who is my good friend.

I'm sure that was more than anyone needed to know!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-18-22, 02:38 PM  
Twigs

Beth - That was really interesting and a lot like musical chairs, with everyone moving around. Your department is much larger than I would have expected. It must be nice to be going back into an office next to your good friend too.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 03:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, it is like musical chairs, LOL! Currently we have 8 full-time counselors in Counseling Services. The overall department is Student Health and Counseling, which includes the Principal Administrator (my old boss who is leaving next month), a Medical Director (also leaving), several NPs/PAs, 4 nurses (1 open position), and I think 5? total support staff, so overall we are over 20 in the entire department. And yes, being able to be next to my good friend is the best part of going back.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-18-22, 04:46 PM  
YogaGal

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Garrie!

Sounds like you got some nice gifts in spite of having to work on your special day. Hope you have a great dinner with your friend today!