Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-22, 06:24 AM  
bubbles76

I'm desperate to start a focused rotation, as I can't stand being all over the place. Due to pain issues I've kind of had to do whatever workout won't hurt me that day. I've been trying to get in at least three days of strength training per week. Last week my schedule looked something like this:

M - Bootcamp - Workout 1 KCM 30 MTF Bootcamp
T - Low Impact Cardio - Dance and Be Fit Latin Groove
W - Yoga - 33 Minute Zyrka Landwidjt Yoga
TH - Bootcamp - Workout 2 KCM 30 MTF Bootcamp
F - Low Impact Cardio - Dance and Be Fit Brazilian Body
S - Rest
Sunday - PHA - KCM New You Coming

No excessive body soreness or knee pain. I'll try to do something similar this week.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 08:12 AM  
buffmama

I'm Lifiting with Cee every other day and doing mostly daneilpt fitness and Caroline Girvan (some growingannanas) on the other days. I do a pilates and yoga practice daily - one is a warm up the other a cool down.
Old 05-16-22, 09:00 AM  
Venus

My current rotation is:

M - Cathe Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps; Yoga
T - Pilates; Yoga
W - Cathe Gym Style Chest & Triceps; Yoga
Th- Pilates; Yoga
F - Cathe Gym Style Legs; Yoga
Sa- Yoga
Su- Yoga

This is the third month I'm doing a Cathe Gym Style series rotation. I've been thinking of switching to something else, but I'm still enjoying this rotation.

I have a daily yoga practice (I follow the Yoga with Adriene calendar). Originally, my rotation was Cardio & Pilates on T/Th, but I never did any cardio on those days. I just add in cardio when I have the energy. Sometimes I'll do a rest day mid-week and catch up on the weekend. Or I'll add in another workout on the weekend if I can. I also like to do extra yoga on Sundays.

This past week, I did tai chi and dance fitness on Tuesday instead of Pilates. I took a rest day on Wednesday (I did yoga only), moved my Cathe workout to Thursday, and did Pilates on Saturday. I did a kickbox workout and yin yoga on Sunday. My workouts were a bit off schedule, but I was glad to get some cardio in for a change.

FitBoop, which workouts have you been doing?
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 09:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have been in a bit of a workout funk lately - so I have been just plugging along as best I can. I did try a few new-to-me workouts with Burpee Girl and Burpee Girl Short workouts (she has 2nd channel w/ just her short workouts) - they are low dread, mainly bodyweight cardio/tone, music only, small space, barefoot type workouts.

But I would like to find something more structured to do - maybe I need a goal.

The Zone 2 Heart Rate training sounds interesting - can you elaborate rhbrand? Or recommend a good website? I'm a cardio girl, so I can see myself enjoying this.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 09:49 AM  
bethellen

I've been doing Leslie walks.
2 milers first week of May
3 milers second week
4 milers this week
5 milers next week

Plan on doing something similar in June but with my Firms.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 11:59 AM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,
The Zone 2 Heart Rate training sounds interesting - can you elaborate rhbrand? Or recommend a good website? I'm a cardio girl, so I can see myself enjoying this.

Donna
I think this site helps explain it. https://www.heromovement.net/blog/zone2-training/
I got interested in it from a podcast I listen to,
Jordan Syatt, who had a 2 part podcast about Zone 2 training.
Old 05-16-22, 12:04 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I think this site helps explain it. https://www.heromovement.net/blog/zone2-training/
I got interested in it from a podcast I listen to,
Jordan Syatt, who had a 2 part podcast about Zone 2 training.
I listen to that podcast too! I love Jordan.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 03:21 PM  
donnamp

Thank you! I will check out that article. I personally love long steady state cardio....which I am thinking this is...(haven't read the article yet)..

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 03:29 PM  
CharM

I'd been doing Jessica's WS 1 and some of her other dvds for about a month, but now I'll be doing Herbalife 24 fit dvds for the next few weeks if I can find a rotation somewhere. I'll do them even if I can't find a rotation, but I'd like to do them as created if possible.

*found the rotation in the big thread; thank you to Donna D for sharing it
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 04:53 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

For the past six months or so I've been planning 12 week rotations and writing down all the workouts on a calendar, and while I've done a lot of the same workouts through different rotations, I try to take more time to think about what I want to dedicate myself to or have a focus on for the 12 weeks. I've really fallen in love with Caroline Girvan's strength workouts, with a smattering of some alternate instructors like Daniel PT, Heather Robertson, growingannas, fitness_kaykay, Vera LaRo, and Penny Bradshaw...but mostly Caroline is my go to. I've tried different workouts from her EPIC, EPIC 2, EPIC 3, EPIC Endgame, EPIC Heat, Tempo series programs to get a feel for it all. Turns out I like EPIC 3 and EPIC Heat the most with the pacing, music, etc. EPIC Endgame has some good workouts but they are can be a little grueling. Of course I don't go as heavy as Caroline on her weights, she is a beast But I really do try to challenge myself and have made significant improvements with the weight I can lift, from November for instance I've gone from 20# for back rows to 25# to now 35# and for chest fly have gone from 15# to 17.5# then 20# and now 22.5#. (I have the SelectTech adjustable weights). I'm sure I could do even better if I follow a full rotation, but I do like my variety! Sometime this year I'd like to commit to either EPIC Heat or Iron for a full rotation (except for the shoulder only days, no thanks LOL ).

I have been sticking to 5x workout days per week for several years even when I'm doing totally different things, and that works out well for me.

My current rotation is:

Mon-Tues: Planned rest days but I try to get in a walk outside and/or active cleaning
Wed: Caroline heavy upper body+abs
Thurs: Caroline heavy lower body
Fri: Cardio (HIIT unless I'm low energy then something like a walking workout)/abs/stretch
Sat: Caroline (or another YouTuber) heavy total body
Sun: Cardio/Barre (total body Pure Barre or Barlates)/stretch

Tags
rotations, workout plan, workout routines, workouts