Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-22, 11:15 AM  
ChelePA

A Big Thank You to the Watulans!

Today marks the one-year anniversary of my car accident. There have been many ups and downs on the road to recovery. Two steps forward, one step back is often the path I am traveling. I have been challenged both physically and mentally while on this journey. I was probably in the best shape of my life before this happened. These days I struggle with pain, swelling, numbness, balance and decreased range of motion in both my leg and shoulder area. So many activities I once loved may never be a possibility again. Instead of becoming overwhelmed about the future, I decided to take it day by day. Progress is progress no matter how small. And I am definitely moving forward on my recovery. I was discharged from therapy at the end of December. At that time, I was walking with a cane, using home assistive devices and could barely walk above a speed of 1.4 on the treadmill. As of March, I no longer use any equipment and I have doubled my walking speed. The doctor said the process will take 1 to 2 years, so I need to remember this and have patience. I wouldn't be where I am today without all the kindness, love, and support from so many especially in those early days. So thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I am beyond blessed and grateful to have such amazing friends. I hope one day to give you all a big hug in person.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 11:51 AM  
manleym

WE LOVE YOU, CHELEPA!!!

You have made AMAZING progress and have persevered through SO MUCH!! You are strong and fierce and we have all be encouraged and inspired by you! BIG VIRTUAL HUG and hopefully in person one day!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 11:52 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Awww, Chele! This last year has been so rough on you and your family. You have been incredibly brave and tenacious.

I admire your fierce spirit so much!

(((HUGS!!!)))

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 12:00 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Chele, so sweet!!

You've had such a difficult journey and faced it with such strength and grace. I know that you have inspired me to face my own challenges and just keep on going, even when I feel down and need a good cry before I can regroup.

Gentle hugs on this ‘anniversary’. We are so glad you are here with us one year later to celebrate your accomplishments under such bad circumstances.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 12:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, Chele!!!!!

You're such an amazing, inspiring, and courageous woman, the very meaning of Watulan Fierce!!!! I'm constantly inspired by you and would love to give you a big hug in person!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 12:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele is an example for all of us..... be grateful for what you do have and if things are overwhelming, take a chunk at a time. She's had to do that last bit over and over and over again this year. What a fierce Watulan you, are Chele! Thank you for the inspiration. We love you.
Old 05-11-22, 09:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

ChelePA the Liberty Bell is not loud enough for the ringing you deserve!! 🔔

Your FIGHT is nothing short of AMAZING. 💪

The mental image of you scooting on your bottom on stairs to exercise is something I will NEVER forget. Your relentless pursuit of movement is a constant reminder of how precious it is to be able to exercise.

We LOVE you and are praying for you

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 09:16 AM  
ChelePA

Ladies…you had me in tears. I know how much we all appreciate movement and exercise in our lives. Your support and understanding has meant so much as I slowly recover.
FOLV… sometimes I forget how far I’ve come. I don’t miss those days of scooting around on my butt to get up and down the steps to exercise or shower.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce