Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-11-22, 12:00 PM  
manleym

Couple of questions for ya'll.

What is the difference in Michelle D.'s Peak 10 Challenge dvds and her Peak dvds, like Cardio Interval Burn, More Cardio Interval Burn, etc. I know they aren't the same, but curious as to the difference.

Has anyone been to Charleston? Hubby and I are thinking of going for a few days in June. Any recommendations?

Cataddict we haven't watched Atlantic Crossing. Thanks for the recommendation. Like you, when we hear of something good to watch we add it to our list so we don't forget.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 12:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! I think the last time I posted I forgot to write that didn't do a workout. . Yesterday I did my next Iron workout, I think #22 -- it was Chest and Back. Phew, good workout! I skipped the Finisher!! Today I did HairMax (which for me in this case just meant that I got up early to wash my hair and let it air dry as long as possible). Tomorrow I head to NY so there won't be much working out. I've packed my bands so I can still do my PT and I'm sure I'll do plenty of walking.

Vintage, I agree that you should love the shoes for that price. You might check out the new-ish Sketchers line that is extra cushy. That's what my husband's foot doctor recommended for him, and then pointed him to the Hoka's as almost a second thought. He got the Sketchers first and liked them, but eventually tried the Hoka's and settled on those. He is naturally a clown, and, well..... the shoe fits!

cataddict, that's very cool about your niece. I'm sure that's a great field to be in these days. Funny that her job is actually in Boston. Oh, and I'm very impressed you're doing the Michelle workouts!

manleym, I cannot answer either of your questions..... I am useless to you today. Sounds like cataddict may be able to help you on the Michelle question at least.

I ended up getting a hotel room near the airport for tonight so hubby will drive me up there and then I can get a shuttle for my 5:15 flight. But won't have to get up nearly so early as I would if I were getting there from home -- especially if I had to park the car and leave it. I'm so relieved. Still going to be an early morning but I can handle it. I will be very happy to be back home!!

Waves to all! I hope everyone is finally getting some spring weather. Funny it's been pretty cold here lately -- frost on the roof, etc. But I'll take it!
Old 05-11-22, 02:37 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… I have a nephew who’s a biomechanical engineer also. He works in the cardiac world. He’s gotten promoted so many times I’ve lost count. Excellent job and very high demand.

Manleym…jealous of Kat’s step workout. Some day hopefully….

VVfer…you and Kim are really getting in your steps these days.

Bee…good plan for the airport. And good luck with the move!

I really need to get a sneaker fitting because my gait and foot has changed since the accident. Hopefully soon once healed.

Today’s workouts included Cathe’s warmup from 4DS Kickboxing then peloton core and bodyweight strength. Finished with another Mother’s Day cycling class. This instructor always has the best words of wisdom and/or chooses the perfect song to get the message across. Really needed it today

The Sixers were tough to watch yesterday. Hoping they regroup tomorrow.
Outside with Winston now on our deck and enjoying the sunshine. Something I couldn’t do last year. Trying to remember how far I’ve come.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 08:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Today was CL #22 Total Body Reps. I decided to circle back to the earlier Lives and do the workouts that use the barbell but substitute dumbbells instead. She did some exercises by time again, and I like that since I don't always use her weight and I'm trying to be super cautious with form. This one focused on one muscle group at a time, lower then upper and finished with core. I liked it and was surprised that it flew by even though it clocked in at an hour.

Hah! A short post from me!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 09:21 AM  
ChelePA

My foot seems to be tolerating the less intense cycling classes so I added another one on today. It was a mixtape Mother’s Day ride..Followed by a 10 minute yoga flow: focus on glutes. 10 minutes of recovery yoga and finished with 10 minutes of foam rolling hamstrings and glutes. This was the first time I tried a recovery yoga class since it was on the schedule. It would be a wonderful choice before bedtime. So relaxing.

Manleym… thanks for asking about the college tour. My daughter hasn’t been super excited about changing her mind and attending a school locally. It was such a transition from her original plans. She was able to meet with the social work department. The advisor was excellent and also had a student speak with her. She came home very excited about the program. Let’s hope that continues when she starts the fall semester.

Safe travels to bee.

Happy Thursday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 10:02 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yikes, am I far behind!! Not sure I can catch up either, hah!

Let's see, workouts...last week I did Michelle's 'More' workouts (More Cardio Interval Burn and More Cardio Strength) and Ballet Physique to finish the week out. This week was:
Sun: Travis Eliot Devotion in Motion (90 min YouTube)
Mon: Michelle Dozois Cardio Interval Burn Remix (this week is the Remixes, hah)
Tues: CL 019 Total Body Sculpt (a good one, and Al is in it!)
Weds: Leah Sarago Ballet Body Total Body (which never gets easier)

Today will be Michelle's Cardio Strength Remix.

VVfer, I laughed so hard at that clown pic. I often get similar imagery thrown around here because my husband insists my car is a clown car (it's an old MINI). Hope you find great shoes for all. that. walking!!

Kim, are you still on your walkacation?

Chele, how is that foot feeling? You remind me to pull out Cathe's To the Mat which I haven't done in ages...hmm. And oh, your story of your daughter and the $20 made me tear up. That is just the sweetest tradition you all have!

Horusosiris, OMG, Zena! I used to have the original Floor Barre on VHS in a clam-shell case back in the day because we dancers loved it! Tough stuff. I had totally forgotten about that.

Bee, UG on the early morning flight. Safe and easy travels to you!!

Manleym, Michelle's workout names are SO confusing! I think that original Cardio Interval Burn was just released separately but maybe the same workout that came with the set. The others (More, Remix, Fat Blaster which I want but don't have) are different workouts but the same format with the Base Camp, Ascent, Climb, and Peak. I hope that helps...confused the heck out of me when I was looking into acquiring her stuff!

FN2, I'm also kind of going back in the CL archive and choosing older ones! Having fun doing it too. I'll have to check out the one you recently mentioned.

Nathalie, those are some fierce workouts!!

Waves to FOLV and Kate! Hope I didn't miss anyone. Stay fierce!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 10:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I was lazy yesterday and just did some qi gong in the morning and before bed.

Oh, and I saw a hummingbird at my feeder this morning! I hope he keeps coming and brings friends. (Although I have heard that they get territorial about feeders and don't want to share.)

The feeder has to be cleaned twice per week, so I bought another one. That way I can have one out there all the time.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 10:51 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, VVfer, so jealous!! We have about another eight days before having a chance of seeing the hummies. I marked it down on the calendar last year and the first day was May 20th. I am hoping they come early and was trying to convince my husband we need to put out their food NOW, hah! And yes, they do get territorial. We have two feeders and usually get two or three visitors but if they come at the same time, a fight ensues.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 04:46 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

TweenerW, so envious of the hummingbirds! It's been in the 50s here so I hope they are safe and warm and are waiting til the temp increases to visit us!

manleym, I won't swear to it but I "think" the Michele Peak "challenges" were workouts that weren't on DVD but maybe download or streaming or online classes that you had to sign up for with her? I could be way off base, but I don't have the workouts so that's a possibility. It could also be that there didn't seem to be much of a difference between the series so I took a pass. Hopefully someone else here has more info. IIRC there was a related thread awhile back.

FN1, honestly I would skip Michele's Fat Blaster. There's WAY too much whoopin', hootin' and hollerin' in it. I recall thinking, "is this Michele revisiting the 80s and 90s?"

bee, hope you have a safe trip. Don't be impressed by my doing Michele's Peak workouts. I'm modifying the you-know-what out of them. If it doesn't suit me or if the impact is too much, I don't do it.

Off to do Michele's Pure Cardio since FN1 got me on a Michele kick.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 05:37 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All!

I as continuing with the Iron Series. Yesterday I did day 28 glute workout and I took a long walk but I did not measure the distance.

Vintage- sorry you did not like the Hokas. Which shoes did you get instead? I love hummingbirds. Have you had anymore visits to your feeder? Great job on the cardio walk.

Cataddict- I think that we too are going to see Ohtani in July. Your niece is tremendous!

The Yankees are on fire this season. Did you see Aaron Judd’s walk off home run? It was exciting!

Kitty- I did a Zena floor barre class a few days ago.

Manelym- I like CL 357 too! I did CL 394 last week. I alternated between the blue and green band. Pack max! Oh no! Your workouts seem tough. Iron Series and Epic together? Yes, you are tough!

So, I have these on my list to watch and thank you all for the recommendations.
Ridley Road
Annika
Thou Shalt Not Kill
A Midnight at the Pera Palace
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in