Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-22, 05:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Yay!!!!! Thank you!!!!! They sound great!!!! Don’t laugh but I bought leg warmers yesterday so I am ready!!!!
I'm temporarily working at a high school and the other day one of the students (female) was wearing leg warmers. Are they making a comeback?
Old 05-06-22, 05:18 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm temporarily working at a high school and the other day one of the students (female) was wearing leg warmers. Are they making a comeback?
Too funny!!! I bought mine on Amazon!! I don't know if they are coming back into style as I homeschool my teenager so we are out of the loop! I think dancers still wear them so maybe she is a dancer. But, I wouldn't be completely surprised if they made a return! Heck....Even bell bottom pants came back in style so anything is possible!!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 05:20 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

I see old posts about aerobics mentioning something called CIA. What is that? Anyone know?
Old 05-06-22, 05:26 PM  
Floren

I seem to recall that Charlene Prickett had some good ones on VHS. It's been a while, so I don't remember the details, but maybe someone else can chime in.

Didn't Christy Taylor have some too? And Crunch had a whole bunch(Fat Blaster or something like that), also CIA and Denise Austin. It's all starting to come back to me, reaching back into the VHS memories here ! I think I was doing more step and kickboxing back then.
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 05:30 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
I seem to recall that Charlene Prickett had some good ones on VHS. It's been a while, so I don't remember the details, but maybe someone else can chime in.

Didn't Christy Taylor have some too? And Crunch had a whole bunch(Fat Blaster or something like that), also CIA and Denise Austin. It's all starting to come back to me, reaching back into the VHS memories here ! I think I was doing more step and kickboxing back then.

Please what is CIA!! I see that a lot in old posts.

I just bought her Mission Possible and Step & Aerobic DVD per your post. Zero Charlene Prickett DVDs available on eBay.
Old 05-06-22, 05:32 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
I see old posts about aerobics mentioning something called CIA. What is that? Anyone know?
Creative Instructors Aerobics.

http://www.videofitness.com/instructors/cia.php

They put out tons of stuff, a lot of which was only released on VHS. I thought I had saved some workouts that were posted to YouTube, but I don't see them in my list anymore. Maybe they were deleted?
Old 05-06-22, 05:36 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Creative Instructors Aerobics.

http://www.videofitness.com/instructors/cia.php

They put out tons of stuff, a lot of which was only released on VHS. I thought I had saved some workouts that were posted to YouTube, but I don't see them in my list anymore. Maybe they were deleted?
Oh, thank you!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-22, 06:10 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
Christi Taylor's were great, but they were from the 2000s mostly. I guess maybe some of her older stuff might have been from the 90s. I LOVED:

-Totally Hot Cardio (it's on YouTube) (2006)
-Totally Cool Step (2006)
-Fantastic 4 (2 step, 2 hi/lo) (2000)

Charlene Prickett's favorite workout of mine is from the 90s, Low Impact, High Intensity. The view makes the workout worth it. (There are reviews on this workout here.)

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 06:12 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't know if leg warmers are coming back or not but I made myself a pair last fall out of neon stripe yarn!

And I so wish I could lose enough fluff to fit back into my bell bottoms from college! They were my favorite pair of jeans. My mom loved her little hippy chick following in her footsteps after swearing I would NEVER wear bell bottoms!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 06:16 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Christi Taylor's were great, but they were from the 2000s mostly. I guess maybe some of her older stuff might have been from the 90s. I LOVED:

-Totally Hot Cardio (it's on YouTube) (2006)
-Totally Cool Step (2006)
-Fantastic 4 (2 step, 2 hi/lo) (2000)

Charlene Prickett's favorite workout of mine is from the 90s, Low Impact, High Intensity. The view makes the workout worth it. (There are reviews on this workout here.)
I just scored Totally Hot cardio and Fantastic 4 on DVD. No Charlene Prickett DVDs anywhere. My internet is too glitchy to stream and I just get frustrated. So, I try to get the Dvds. Thank you for the suggestions!

Tags
retro workouts, steady state cardio