Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-06-22, 12:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I'm back! I realize I didn't post my workouts!!

I've done several Cathe Lives and a vintage Cathe---Mega Step Blast. I did that one on my 4 inch mini step. Fun! Sadly, however, I only looked hot a couple of times. I fear I am passing that era, although the Wedding video has plenty of cheese in it. I've also done a bunch of walking since we've been busy with Declutter Max and also Hair Max.

Waves!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-22, 05:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! Happy Friday......

cataddict, great work on the decluttering and thanks for the tip about old electronics/phones. Do they require the charging cords with the phones or was that you being extra nice? My husband and older son are watching hockey -- they are rooting for the Rangers. We used to watch as a family when my boys played but since the Sharks have been in the tank (and I don't mean shark tank) for the last few years or so it's not as much fun to watch. For some of us anyway.

Nice to see I'm not alone in the airport dread..... thanks to everyone for your well wishes.

Chele, I agree with what cataddict said about your daughter being a wonderful generous person -- she has great examples of that, I know. What a bummer you have to miss her tour! Hopefully she will come home very excited and tell you all of the details.

Vintage, I know about those cranky workout days! Sometimes your most favorite workouts become torture, right? Hope you're having a better day now. And I hope you like your new shoes once you pick the right size!

manleym, you are fierce adding on to the Iron workouts and doubling up!

No workout for me yesterday -- I was just way too tired when I got home. Slept better last night so I'm hoping to do some Iron after dinner -- we'll see. Hubby may actually want to do something together since we've hardly seen each other this week.

Waves to all!
Old 05-07-22, 11:07 AM  
lavna

Happy Saturday everyone!

So many posts! I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up!

Spring is here at last. We're enjoying a long bout of sunny days. It feels strange to say that in May but open fires are prohibited in the province because it's so dry! It gives us the opprtunity to do Outside cleaning Max!

My workouts last week:
On Sunday, I combined CG IRON Series 30 Min Back & Biceps #10 and RON Series 30 Min Shoulders & Triceps #7. I liked working the muscles for 1 minute. The triceps were rather hard: I started the sequences with 12 lbs but ended up struggling with 5 lbs for the last exercices ! .
On Tuesday, I did CG TORCHED Lower Body Workout - Legs & Glutes | EPIC Heat - Day 31. I'm not a fan of complexes but I liked this one as it combines hip thrusts with legs exercices. The bulgarian lunges were killers! But, I did those one-legged thrust on the floor!!
Yesterday, I was squeezed for time so I did CL #70 Strong UB express. Even with using CG more often, it was still hard. I think it's the fact of having to follow a set pace. It's was good mixing it a bit.

Chele: you have found such a nie way to honor your daughter's memory. I'm sorry you hurt your foot. When I was recovering from my broken ankle, Cathe's To the mat was a favorite of mine.

bee: on having to leave at 3 AM! I hope it all goes well. I'm sure you'll be happy to have your son back home.

manleym: Wow on combining 2 tough CG workouts!

Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-22, 09:40 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Today I did CL #333. She did 3 weight exercises for 30 seconds each, then 30 seconds of rest, followed by 3 cardio exercises of 30 seconds each, then 30 seconds of rest. The pattern was repeated throughout the workout, with each series of 3 being repeated once. I really liked this one for a couple of reasons! It was different than she usually does as it was based on time rather than number of reps. I didn't mind that each series was repeated since it was only once and it gave me a chance to change my weight if needed for the second round. She also moved more slowly when she did the exercises although she did go quickly between the moves. This is one that she does alone. Anyway I recommend it.

bee, So why does your son and husband root for the Rangers? Is someone from NYC? Anyhoo, I'm a Burgh girl, so sorry but the Rangers gonna have to lose. Upon further review, I'm going to recycle the old phones with Big Sky Recycling. Verizon's website was vague about it, so I decided to do some more research. They will definitely take the vintage phone and chargers & accessories. Here's a link if you are interested. https://www.bigskyrecycling.com/recy...ontent=General

Nathalie, great to hear from you! I understand the feeling of not being able to catch up with all the posts! It's so easy to get busy and not check in for a week or so and be way behind. We are lucky that our check in is so active that this is even an issue!

Waves to all! An early Happy Mothers Day!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 07:22 AM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans!

We walked 22,000 steps yesterday in the most magical place on Earth. 9.5 miles according to my Fitbit. We have been averaging about 18,000 steps so that was a record so far. It’s pretty hot (for what we’re used to) but the weather had been spectacular. Loving it all!
Old 05-08-22, 02:55 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hail Watulans!

My workouts:
Saturday: Power Half Hour: Arm Toner
Sunday: 3-mile interval hill hike

I'm trying an experiment. My hip has been feeling better. I want to figure out what has been aggravating it. Is it the hill hikes, the long steady state 4+ milers or lower body weight work?

We'll see how the hip feels tomorrow.

I've put out a hummingbird feeder, but no traffic so far. I know they are out there. I think the previous tenant may have fed them and, when there was no food, they gave up and moved on. I've tied red ribbons around the feeder which is supposed to attract them. Fingers crossed they show up!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 06:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Ones!

Nathalie, you are very fierce with the combo Iron workouts, too. I can't do that too often, but I did it that way for the second time today -- combining 20 and 21 -- tri's/bi's/core with legs (the infamous step ups one). It was a good workout but I was definitely done afterward. Truth be told, I cut the legs one short -- my legs were so rubbery and I used only ten pound weights and of course body weight only for step ups. Tough stuff!!

cataddict, my older son would love to live in NYC. For now he is in Saratoga Springs at Skidmore College, so yes, Rangers. You're funny. Oh, thanks for the recycling cell phones link -- I have saved it. Are you done with decluttering for a while?

Kim, isn't it great to get in so much walking at a place that makes you so happy?! Sounds like you are having a great time and I'm glad the weather has been good for you.

Vintage, if I had to guess, I'd put my money on the hills aggravating your hip more. Good to experiment and try to figure it out.

So, as mentioned, I did Iron 20 and 21. Getting there! I really love these workouts but I'm getting really really really sick of the music! I have thought about doing it from "paper" as horusosiris does, but I do like the visual help and I definitely count on hearing the beeps since I'm not always looking at the screen.

My son and I watched the Suns/Mavericks game today. We were sitting on our giant bean bag together and we both fell asleep for the fourth quarter!
Old 05-09-22, 09:38 AM  
ChelePA

Playing catch up from the weekend...

Cataddict...I need to recycle my old electronics. I have a box full. Thanks for the information. I like to purge at springtime, unfortunately I will need the help of my hoarder husband this year. Should be interesting Every time Cathe would say looking hot in those step videos, I would laugh and cringe a little.

VVfer...which Hokas did you buy? I will probably end up at a local running store once my foot heals.

Kim..that is quite the mileage!!! I'm sure it doesn't feel that way when you are enjoying yourself so much. So glad you checked in. We miss you!

Manleym...also impressed when you double up on Caroline. Shout outs happen all the time with Peloton. Sometimes it can get really annoying depending on the timing of them. People love to hear their name especially on milestones, so I get the excitement.

Horusosiris...is your family Mets and Yankees fans? My husband was so excited when the Mets rallied in the ninth inning to beat the Phillies last week.

Bee...did you do anything fun with hubby? Absence makes the heart grow fonder Hoping the job is going well.

Nathalie...spring is here today. It's been nonstop raining. Looking forward to the sunshine. Unfortunately, I've become the champ on hurt foot/body workouts.

Kate...Peloton offers restorative, slow flow and focus yoga classes. Perfect pace for me since I have never been a fan. Anything faster, especially with my injury just doesn't work. It's a nice long slow stretch which I love.

Kittybug...the forum issues come and go for me too. Love the pic of your kitty. I'm on my laptop so I can really see the pictures today.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. We had a baby shower on Saturday then Mother's Day was at our house with my family and a few friends. We had the food catered since it was my day off, and we traveled all day Saturday so my husband didn't have time to prepare anything. He's actually a better cook than me since he worked at many restaurants in his teens/20s. I'm good with a recipe but can't just wing it like he can.

My foot is still hurting but I think slowly improving. It seems to come and go the severity. I said I would give it 2 weeks and then schedule a doctor's appointment if no improvement. So we'll see this week.

Peloton schedule over the weekend included core, upper body workouts, and floor yoga. Today was lower body day on the calendar. I didn't use any weights and all moves I kept static to protect my foot. I then added on Cathe's Boss Bands: Total Body Premix Core focus. I have to say that I really enjoyed the warmup on this one--using the band really helped with an active stretch especially in my upper body. I think I will try using the timesaver sections more on this series as I continue to recover since they are less intense workouts.

Hoping I didn't miss anyone. Have a great Monday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 10:07 AM  
ChelePA

Also wanted to add that the Philadelphia Sixers proved me wrong. Can’t believe they won the last two games.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 10:28 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

bee - My hip is sore today, so I'm thinking it is the hill walks, too. I'll finish my experiment though.

Chele - I bought the Bondi 7s. The 9.5 wide feels more comfortable than the 9s. They are hard to get used to after the Sauconys. And, I rarely have any vanity about shoes but - seriously - they look like I'm wearing clown shoes!

I'm not sure I'd wear them for every day. Just for walks.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in