Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-22, 10:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

LOL on the "man stuff!"

I have a friend whose wife is seriously a hoarder. He laid down the law that at least HE should be able to park in their 2-car garage. There is a space exactly the height and width of his car that he can fit in the garage. Like a puzzle piece.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 08:22 PM  
Sissy B

DH went through his side of the closet a few days ago. He had lost a lot of weight about 6-7 years ago (about 50 pounds) but even before Covid we were dealing with a lot of family stress and he gained it back so he has a lot of clothes that don’t fit right now. He wants to start working out again and he’s hoping to lose the weight so he doesn’t want to get rid of them, so he packed them up for now. He did pick out a few things to get rid of. I started going through my clothes tonight and I already have a small pile to donate.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 09:19 AM  
fanofladyvols

You all may find this amusing.

I went to find a Tshirt for a spray paint project... and discovered I had been too thorough in purging tshirts.

I should have kept ONE for messy projects. So I had to make the decision to sacrifice one, lol.

So ...keep ONE!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 09:53 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

So ...keep ONE!
Definitely.

I've done what I can to slightly upgrade my daily clothing, but that meant I had to keep a few sloppy outfits for messy jobs.

I know I've made overall progress, though. My sloppy outfits are stuff I used to wear all the time, just as ordinary clothes. I don't much like them now, so I'd say that means I'm less depressed and more aware of how I come across. Whew.
Old 05-02-22, 10:18 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
I went to find a Tshirt for a spray paint project... and discovered I had been too thorough in purging tshirts.
I should have kept ONE for messy projects. So I had to make the decision to sacrifice one, lol.
So ...keep ONE!

I usually work out in old t-shirts and shorts, so I always have a few oldies around.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 11:59 AM  
Sissy B

Quote:

So ...keep ONE!
DH is constantly doing projects around the house and yard so he has several shirts that he keeps just for that. I took some painting classes a few years ago so I have a shirt and pair of shorts that I wore for the classes and keep for messy projects.
Old 05-02-22, 12:03 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I've done what I can to slightly upgrade my daily clothing, but that meant I had to keep a few sloppy outfits for messy jobs.

I know I've made overall progress, though. My sloppy outfits are stuff I used to wear all the time, just as ordinary clothes. I don't much like them now, so I'd say that means I'm less depressed and more aware of how I come across. Whew.
I tend to live in shorts and t-shirts so I'm making more of an effort to upgrade my daily outfits and look a little nicer too. I've also kept some of the clothes in my closet for way too long, things that I never wear - those went into the donation pile.
Old 05-03-22, 05:36 AM  
DCW

Family member died and a lot of stuff that nobody wanted. At her age, she didn't have the strength to declutter. Lots and lots of china and clothes.

Makes me look harder at my stuff.

I am working hard on kitchen clutter or excess cookware. I don't cook the same so i don't need the same equipment.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 10:10 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
...At her age, she didn't have the strength to declutter. <snip>..
Makes me look harder at my stuff.
Thank you for mentioning this DCW. I remember how difficult handling the overwhelming volume of items at an emotional time when my MIL and FIL passed away. Even though some stuff is gonna be here ( my workout stuff), everything else is on the hot seat.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 05:29 AM  
DCW

The time is now to declutter. Waiting doesnt make it easier or lighter.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, decluttering, downsizing, organizing, organizing the home, relocating