Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-26-22, 07:19 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Today was (despite still being sore!) CL 328, Upper Body Shred. So. Many. Reps!! Cathe is a hoot!

FN2, OH, yes, I've seen that lady before but never really noticed the whole smiling thing...guess I don't pay that much attention!! I just knew she was a visitor and has very nice form/looks like she works out with Cathe a lot, hah! I think my favorite 'guest' (besides Al and Nate the Great, of course) is Jesse. He has the best energy...just watching him having fun makes me smile!

Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 06:16 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post

Cataddict, HILARIOUS about the cray-cray, Insane Smiling Woman! I'll have to find her! I do remember a guy visitor being in a couple of Lives (I've seen him in 2-3) and he is doing EVERYTHING he can to get noticed and on camera. I guess being a visitor makes people feel like a rock star!
OK, now I'm curious! Can you tell us in which Live he's in?

As for our smiling lady, she's in 233 and in 261 (with glasses on) among others
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 06:18 AM  
lavna

Happy birthday horusosiris !!!
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 12:56 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Guppy post!

Yesterday, I did Cindy Whitmarsh's 10 Days to a Better Body (2008) upper body. This is a go-to workout for when my mind is tired, but I want to do something. She has a nice, straightforward personality.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 02:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Behind again, **sigh**

A bit of a funny---remember I got Lady and the Tramp 2 with the VCR I bought and I offered it to Kim? Well, I finally got around to opening the case and it was EMPTY! Don't know the story behind that one--could be someone thought there was a tape in there when they donated it or I don't know what. Good thing Kim didn't want it--I might have sent the empty box!

Today I accomplished a goal of mine---I actually did today's Cathe Live live for real for the first time! I always wanted to try one live, but, well, let's just say I'm not a morning person. I'm a 10am-2am kind of girl. DH said I'd probably never make it for a 9:30am workout, so that gave me some additional incentive. So it was Cathe and the gang, and ME, live in my workout room doing #393 Cardio Compound Crush! And since he knew I would be watching today, Al showed up to participate! Al is the only guy I liked from STS. I'm hoping that maybe his appearance means he might be part of the STS crew....

The workouts: Cathe Live: CL #277 Jingle All the Way (yes, it's Christmas in April ), #377 Total Body Circuit, #289 Total Body Blast, #358 30 Kickbox Express, plus #393 Cardio Compound Crush.

Vintage workouts--Cathe Step in Motion 1 stepless. Yes, cheesy fun! She wore a pair of those stretchy lacy type shorts in one segment and ankle warmer type socks---even the guy wore those! She did a weight segment and mostly she used 5 lb. weights! The weight segment made me giggle considering how comparatively heavy she lifts now. I think she used a 10 pounder for one exercise. It wasn't high reps either! I also did CIA 2400 Cardio Crazy with Gay Gasper. I hardly remembered it but today I loved it! I know I like Gay but didn't do her workouts a lot since they are more intermediate. This one was perfect for me now! She did three rounds of 3 segments each---step, tubing, and hi/lo. I didn't use the step and used my Cathe long band instead of tubing and it worked perfectly. Kim, didn't you do a Gay Gasper workout recently? Which one was it?

More in a separate post! Moby out!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 02:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I'm back!

ToddlerW, I read about your tribulations with the eye surgery. I was hoping there had been improvement. I'm so sorry. I don't blame you for telling them hell no on touching your other eye. Sending {{HUGS}}

ChelePA, I thought about you when I did Cathe's Step Works last week. This was a favorite "old Cathe" step of mine---creative and fun choreography. BUT, there are a bunch of twists and turns and this time around it was tough to modify it. Sad. I also thought about you today when I was doing the Gay Gasper workout. She uses pretty simple choreography without a bunch of quick turns and her modifier is right up front which I like. Have you done any of her workouts? I saw she had some content on YouTube (and a short clip of the one I did today). You might want to check her out.

FN1, funny you didn't notice cray cray woman! I find that sometimes I get fixated on someone or something in a workout and can't stop looking at it/him/her, particularly if it's a person who looks to me like he or she is exaggerating an expression. In STS watching beefy Greg grimacing like his 8 pound weights were just SO HARD TO LIFT. lol.

manleym, yes, I think Kristen and Allison would be great in her DVD/downloads. Actually there are a number of participants that I think would be good. I think the blond woman is Alicia? She's usually in the back? Honestly I would love to see Janet or Ann or Ingrid as well, since they aren't the "usual type" that is seen in a DVD---either older, heavier, or do modifications on their own. I'm sure participating in a Cathe project would require a time commitment that not everyone could do, plus it's probably one thing to be seen periodically but another one entirely to be in a DVD/download FOREVER.

Nathalie, I'm gonna have to check out CL #261 since I don't recall cray cray woman wearing glasses.

Waves to all! I think I've said enough! Moby out!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 04-28-22, 03:19 PM  
manleym

Hi Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Yesterday was my birthday and we went went to a great seafood and more restaurant on the wharf. We ate outside and had a great time. I am another year older but am I another year wiser?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
Your dinner sounds FABULOUS! Right up my alley! Seafood, outside - all sounds delightful!! And yes, you are another year wiser!
As I age, I feel more and more like Sargent Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HblPucwN-m0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I think my favorite 'guest' (besides Al and Nate the Great, of course) is Jesse. He has the best energy...just watching him having fun makes me smile!
HA!! That is who I was talking about but couldn't remember his name!! So he either makes you smile (like you) or is just.too.much (for me). HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
manleym, yes, I think Kristen and Allison would be great in her DVD/downloads. Actually there are a number of participants that I think would be good. I think the blond woman is Alicia? She's usually in the back? Honestly I would love to see Janet or Ann or Ingrid as well, since they aren't the "usual type" that is seen in a DVD---either older, heavier, or do modifications on their own. I'm sure participating in a Cathe project would require a time commitment that not everyone could do, plus it's probably one thing to be seen periodically but another one entirely to be in a DVD/download FOREVER.
Good for you, Cataddict, for doing CL live! I've never done a CL live but it might be fun to try. How did you like it compared do doing a CL later? You're inspiring me to pull out CIA 2400 Cardio Crazy with Gay Gasper. YES - it is Alicia I'm thinking about. Blonde, in the back. That's her! Agree that Janet would be great too. Is Ann the one that does alot of modifying? Can't remember Ingrid either. I'll have to look for her next time I do a Live, but am sure I've seen both of them. I was thinking the same thing last week during a workout - I liked that the background exercisers were the "normal, usual type". While I LOVE Caroline and WISH I looked like her, it's not happenin' - ever. It's nice to see normal people in workouts. KCM has several, which is nice.

Time's getting away from me! Back later friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 04:03 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=manleym;2963568

Good for you, Cataddict, for doing CL live! I've never done a CL live but it might be fun to try. How did you like it compared do doing a CL later? You're inspiring me to pull out CIA 2400 Cardio Crazy with Gay Gasper. YES - it is Alicia I'm thinking about. Blonde, in the back. That's her! Agree that Janet would be great too. Is Ann the one that does alot of modifying? Can't remember Ingrid either. I'll have to look for her next time I do a Live, but am sure I've seen both of them. I was thinking the same thing last week during a workout - I liked that the background exercisers were the "normal, usual type". While I LOVE Caroline and WISH I looked like her, it's not happenin' - ever. It's nice to see normal people in workouts. KCM has several, which is nice.

Time's getting away from me! Back later friends! [/QUOTE]

Ingrid has blonde hair, longer, and usually is on the right facing the camera catty corner (or is that "Cathe corner" ) in the row behind Cathe.

Jesse is a kid so if he tries to get a little attention I give him a pass. Cathe introduced him as a college student. Cray cray woman is older and could ease up a bit IMHO.

Oh, and in my best years I wouldn't have managed to look like Caroline! She is in phenomenal shape.

horusosiris, forgot to mention how great your birthday dinner sounded! Awesome!

Old 04-28-22, 05:51 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

You gals crack me UP!!! FN2, you are also my long lost sister. I am NOT a morning person and cannot imagine doing CL live with them, so kudos to you. It's hard enough struggling through work! I can't believe I used to get my bum up at the crack of why-am-I-up when I first found VF all those years ago and had to be at work at some godawful hour of the morning.

Oh, I must agree with you and Manleym on the background participants though I'm not good with names but think I'm thinking of the same ones. I like Deb too!

And I did that CL recently (not sure which, must be same one FN2 mentioned) where Jesse was there and Cathe introduced him as having become a Cathlete at age 16 (and he was in this class around 21 or so?), then he went to four road trips, and while in college he would sometimes take the train up to take Live classes with them. He is just bubbly and fun!

So workouts...yesterday was Michelle's More Cardio Interval Burn which I have now officially decided is THE MOST FUN Peak workout I have. Today I did the Ultimate Yogi Strength practice.

Have a great night, Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 11:18 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hail Watulans!

Yesterday, I explored more of the nearby bike/walk path loop I did the other day. I walked 4.2 miles in total. It was a beautiful day with a pastel blue sky, fluffy white clouds and a cool breeze. On the path, I heard the wind in the trees and the sound of birdsong. Plus, the occasional whoosh of a cyclist passing by me. I now know where the quail live.

I wore my new sunhat and a new fanny pack.

A young man in fabulous shape ran past me. I had a flashback of many years ago on a hike. It was a narrow trail and I heard a runner coming up behind me. I got off the trail and watched him pass. It was Dar (aka Marc Singer aka "The BeastMaster!") I was stunned. Beastmaster was a favorite movie and played often on cable. HBO stood for "Hey, Beastmaster's On".

That's my hike down memory lane for you.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in