Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-22, 01:24 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm finally able to use my PC after getting it repaired, and wow, am I tired of apps.

I bought a little tablet just to see me through (life without the internet? inconceivable!) and I am SO glad to get back to my PC.

Teeny little screens, bleah.

OTOH, I did learn a lot, and am feeling brave enough to finally consider getting a smart phone. My total unfamiliarity with wireless anything really was a nuisance.
Old 04-28-22, 08:14 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

If I started from this point I might like the subscription so as not to acquire so much stuff. I have winnowed my collection and I feel guilty about not using it when I want the shiny new of latest releases.

So I have BBOD, Cathe on demand and live, and street parking subs right now.

Then again sometimes I do nothing and feel bad about all of it. Just releasing a little inner thoughts here to help with my mental well-being.

With the oculus quest, many of the fitness offerings are sub model. I bought supernatural year sub, but as with everything, I got bored pretty quickly. Will have to start it again to feel less guilty about the waste of money.

Next year will only keep street parking
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 12:45 PM  
JENILU

Kittybug and Topfitmama Y'all sent me down a rabbit hole. I totally blame you!! i am supposed to be getting ready to go to the Dr and instead I am watching all the funny commercials ever!!

But seriously, the Smart stuff (and subscription stuff) freaks me out and gives me migraines!! (ok, thats mostly the smart stuff, but I hate having to subscribe for everything)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 01:14 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I agree—I HATE subscriptions! I always try to figure out ways around them. I bought Microsoft Office a few years ago, on a disc, and have installed it on my new computers. It works just fine with the latest version of Windows, even though it gives me a message that my version is no longer supported.

Once in a while, I will subscribe for a month to a streaming service. Then I quit, and decide it wasn’t worth it. The exception is Cathe’s Live workouts. Those are good workouts.

My internet is through Fios, and I recently upgraded the speed. A new router was required at $15 per month for rental, so I decided to purchase the router instead (from Fios). As soon as I purchased the router, Fios removed the router rental fee, but INCREASED my monthly service charge by $15! I have been fighting with them for 2 months. The customer service is beyond incompetent.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 03:18 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I agree—I HATE subscriptions! I always try to figure out ways around them. I bought Microsoft Office a few years ago, on a disc, and have installed it on my new computers. It works just fine with the latest version of Windows, even though it gives me a message that my version is no longer supported.

Once in a while, I will subscribe for a month to a streaming service. Then I quit, and decide it wasn’t worth it. The exception is Cathe’s Live workouts. Those are good workouts.

My internet is through Fios, and I recently upgraded the speed. A new router was required at $15 per month for rental, so I decided to purchase the router instead (from Fios). As soon as I purchased the router, Fios removed the router rental fee, but INCREASED my monthly service charge by $15! I have been fighting with them for 2 months. The customer service is beyond incompetent.
FitBoop - nice to "see" you.

My new place has AT&T Fiber. It is a heck of an upgrade over the horribly slow and glitchy Hughes.net satellite. And, cheaper, too! Go figure.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 05:26 AM  
DCW

My parents set the thermostat and that was it. No fiddling with it. I don't even look at my thermostat now.

I work on a computer all day at work. I want to decomputer when i am off. I am not a fan of apps. Why do i need an app for my local grocery store?
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, privacy, smart homes, subscriptions