Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-22, 10:02 AM  
ChelePA

Substituted my peloton strength workout today with Cathe’s Lite. Warmed up with Six Pack Abs #2. I think this is a challenging one for an intermediate series. Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper. 20 minute Fall Out Boy music cycling class. Finished with Extended Stretch #2. Added on an additional peloton upper body stretch and foam rolling. My left scapula/back area is tight and bothering me today (injured side). Maybe I slept wrong last night. Not sure.

Have a great day!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 10:26 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hello all!

I am apparently having unplanned rest days. I have had low ambition. I try to do that short posture workout at least.

I have one of those crappy anniversaries coming up. (I know that Chele does, too). On the 29th, it will be one year since the cataract surgery on my right eye went badly. I regret that procedure. Every. Damn. Day.

On the bright side, I managed to program the garage door opener to my car, so that is something!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 10:43 AM  
manleym

Bee funny about Nate! But TRUE! I wonder why he isn't in more CL or any of her workouts? He would be great! And yes, when I say that a workout flew I'm meaning that I look up and it's over. I also think this one felt faster since we were alternating upper and lower body moves. I find the 1st 30% of Caroline's workouts are the hardest mentally, but once I get past the 30% mark, they seem to be over before I know it. And it does depend on the move. Sometimes I also wonder how many more ___ are we going to do...

Horusosiris great idea about foam rolling the triceps. I think Paul K does them in his 4x4 roller dvd. I remember liking the workout because I felt like he rolled every muscle from head to toe. I need to do more foam rolling.

Cataddict, HILARIOUS about the cray-cray, Insane Smiling Woman! I'll have to find her! I do remember a guy visitor being in a couple of Lives (I've seen him in 2-3) and he is doing EVERYTHING he can to get noticed and on camera. I guess being a visitor makes people feel like a rock star!

ChelePA great rebound on your attitude between Cathe's Low Impact Step and Kat's. Did you catch the basketball pun? Seriously though, even though you're not as far along as you hope and want, you have come so far!! Keep on keepin' on and don't give up!

Kittybug thanks for the video link. I need to check it out soon. And doing deadlifts in the warm up reminds me of Michelle D workouts. I think she uses light weights as the warm-up. I think I'd do a seperate warm up too before starting this one. And you are fierce getting through that 80 minute workout!! And I've thought the EXACT SAME THING about Allison and Kristen while doing a CL! They should be in her dvds. There's also another blonde (don't know her name) that would be great. But yes, Allison and Kristen should definitely be in a dvd.

Kim glad you popped in! It's always good "hearing" from you! Glad you enjoyed a beautiful day to get some yard work done. We'll be doing that this weekend, if the weather is nice.

VVFer sorry about your botched cataract surgery. Wish there was something the Dr could do to fix it. Congrats on programming the garage door opener. If that's the big accomplishment of the day, then that's ok.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 10:46 AM  
manleym

Workouts:

Yesterday: Essentrics Aging Backwards 2 Connective Tissue Revealed workouts 4 & 5 - Foot Mobility & Fascia Release/Better Balance (felt good; able to ignore her chattinees better so it wasn't as annoying; just need to get used to her) + IRON Series 30 Min Hamstrings Workout - Hip Extension & Flexion 16 (Good! Had a hard time finding right weight; HR not up as much as it normally is for a Caroline; didn't seem as "worked" even though I know I was.) + IRON Series 30 Min Shoulder Workout - Compound & Isolation 15 (GREAT! HR up; great add on to hamstrings)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 12:20 PM  
horusosiris

I am continuing on with the Iron Series. Today (day 17) was a complete upper body workout

Vintage- unplanned rest days are sometimes good. Perhaps you need them both physically and mentally? I am so sorry for the sub-optimal eye surgery.

Manelym- Katami's foam roller workout is good!

Yesterday was my birthday and we went went to a great seafood and more restaurant on the wharf. We ate outside and had a great time. I am another year older but am I another year wiser?

I want to go to the Yankees game when Shohei Ohtani is playing against them. He is amazing!

I have been binge watching "Reign" on Netflix. It is good but gory (my goodness!). I was trying to escape everything with any semblance of violence.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 12:33 PM  
ChelePA

Happy Birthday Horusosiris!!!!
Dinner sounded lovely.
Old 04-26-22, 12:35 PM  
ChelePA

VVfer… I am so sorry to hear about your botched surgery anniversary. Is there anyway to fix it? Have you asked for second and third opinions? Was it a routine cataract surgery? I know what you mean about regrets and wishing we could turn back time. Sending lots of hugs.
Old 04-26-22, 12:36 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday, Horusosiris!!!

I vote for wiser for sure.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 01:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday, Horusosiris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
VVfer… I am so sorry to hear about your botched surgery anniversary. Is there anyway to fix it? Have you asked for second and third opinions? Was it a routine cataract surgery? I know what you mean about regrets and wishing we could turn back time. Sending lots of hugs.
Chele - It was routine with a premium lens. I got no help from the surgeon. It still does this flickering a year later.

Lens Flicker

And, reading with that eye is not so good. Even with corrective eyeglasses. I went to the famous Stein Eye Clinic at UCLA for a second opinion. No help there either. All they want is to do the other eye and I say, "Oh, Hell No!"

Maybe when my life is more settled, I can try for a third opinion.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 04:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Super quick pop in---will be back later since I of course have more things to say!

But, for those of you interested in the smiling lady, she is in the clip of CL #249 so you don't have to subscribe to see her! I really don't want it to seem that I am slamming her, it's just funny to me how much she is smiling and that sometimes she isn't smiling then it's like a light switch goes on and *poof* she starts grinning ear to ear! It could be that one does feel like a rock star as a visitor and smiling is something one is "supposed" to do for the camera. Oh, I don't think I need to point out which participant she is. There are several parts of the clip that it's apparent who she is, at least to me.

One more thing! Happy, happy birthday, horusosiris! DH and I were just talking about how much we would love to see Ohtani live. We would have to travel pretty far, so it would have to be a well planned trip and since we would like to see him pitch as well as hit it would be a tough calculation. We will see how it goes. If it doesn't happen for us, then I expect to hear your thoughts!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in