Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-22, 11:45 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Photos is another of my "quirks." I have these weird ideas about some things. I can't throw away photos of people or animals. I'm irrationally afraid smthg will happen to them if they're living and if they're deceased it feels like I'm throwing their memory away. The logical part of me knows this isn't true but the other part is too strong for me to ignore.
Vannie, I completely understand! Most of the photos I tossed were duplicates. I often had double prints made, so I have scrap books full of them. One day, I'll have to go through my scrap books...

Does anyone still have their old yearbooks? I hated high school, yet still have my yearbooks.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 11:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Yes, I still have my yearbooks, Alta! All the way back to kindergarten! I looked through them a couple years ago. They're in the closet behind all the Halloween tubs so I can only look when those decorations are all up!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 11:55 AM  
sciencelady

Yeah, I still have my yearbooks - debating whether to toss my grade 10 and 11 and keep my senior year book. I did toss my yearbooks from junior high school and summer camps - those pictures were black and white and blurry - not very good for identifying people back in the day.

I've got old picture albums for events like my confirmation - I should edit it out and keep only a few pictures.

I've got an issue that my new iPad doesn't recognize old pictures from my e-camera for import - it was able to import old pictures taken by my iPod, but not the e-camera ones. I've got several years of e-camera pics before I got the iPod. My iPod sees both camera and iPod pictures. I'm trying to collect all my pictures on the iPad in case my old iMac calls it a day. Anyone have any luck on this issue?

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-22, 08:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

The sale of the daylight alarm clock I listed on FB Marketplace finally was completed. One more thing out of the house.
Still hoping the last item will sell.
I went to the library book sale this weekend and purchased 6 books, one for my husband which he already had so we are giving the duplicate to DS.*
I had several more books in my shopping bag but put them back. I did get the one book I was looking for (The Dutch House by Ann Patchett in paperback)

DS did some more workshop decluttering.

* I donated at least 10 books to the sale as well so I have less books than before. Just defending my book purchases!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 10:10 AM  
Catahoula Cate

We had a power outage recently in the midst of a pretty good storm so I tried to make good use of the time being stuck inside without electronics. I did another run through of some greeting cards waiting to be used but not by me. I gathered up a lot for the thrift shop. I think I've got my greeting card stash purged now to just ones that I will use in the future for Birthdays, just because, etc. I also went through a lot of magazines, picked out a few to save, a few to the thrift shop and some to rehome. I still have some magazines to go through but they may have to wait for another stormy day.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-22, 10:19 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have slowed down on the de-cluttering/unpacking. I try to do something every day - even if it is small. Yesterday, I took several boxes out to the garage. (I'm lucky in that these apartments have detached garages.)

Some of the neighbors have so much stuff crammed in to their garages, they are unable to park their car inside. I looked in to one the other day and it was so jam-packed with assorted things that it screamed "hoarder." Some are so bad they can hardly close the door.

Yes, I'm judging. Parking is bad here as most families have two cars. And, if the garage is packed, both cars are taking up spaces. It is really inconsiderate, IMHO.

I still have plenty of room in mine.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-26-22, 02:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Well, shortly after the above whine, I ended up going through quite a few boxes. I broke up some of the empty boxes and put them in the recycling bin.

Maybe the hoarding neighbors inspired me to get things more organized!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-26-22, 08:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

Haha whatever works!

Everytime I mention our neighbor Mr. Prescott's UNBELIEVABLY organized garage, it sends the husband scuttling to putter in ours until it looks respectable.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 09:46 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Well, shortly after the above whine, I ended up going through quite a few boxes. I broke up some of the empty boxes and put them in the recycling bin.

Maybe the hoarding neighbors inspired me to get things more organized!
I agree with Linda, use the external motivation when it strikes.
Moving my parents from a two bedroom to a one bedroom apt. 10 years ago, motivated me to de-clutter and they weren't true hoarders. Mom had 3 coffee makers and my father had paperwork from 30 years ago but you could walk around their apartment.
Judging others is understandable since it affects all the residents.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-22, 09:54 AM  
Izzy

I am absolutely stunned when I am walking out and about and pass a house with a open garage that is filled to the brim with stuff; especially knowing that they most likely have a basement and an attic (typical midwestern expectations) not to mention probably a shed in the back. These garages are full so that the cars cannot park in them.

I kind of get it in areas where there are no basements.

My garage when I was married and had young kids was filled with a lot of stuff but I had a place for the toys, garden equipment etc. We were always able to get the vehicles in. But my ex's work table was not very organized and he had a lot of stuff that was just stuff if you get my drift. My neighbors father walked over one day, he was in his 80's and he said "I love this garage, this is a man's garage." I guess a "man's garage" is a garage filled with a lot of "man's stuff"?

Tags
declutter, decluttering, downsizing, organizing, organizing the home, relocating