Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-22-22, 04:40 AM  
Buzzer

Xtrain legs... the 80 minutes one... DONE!

I really pushed myself too! I went all out on all of the exercises. She has a lot of breaks, so I was recovered. I think I only paused the DVD once! maybe twice. Not much at all though! I talked myself out of pausing more by reminding me that it's 80 minutes and I don't want it to be 90 or 100!

I grabbed Cathe's weights, put on my fire walking bands (I use a braided band with two cuffs instead, which I actually like better and it doesn't slip around), and even put on ankle weights for the entire leg section where she is on the floor. That part reminds me of the Firm... she does inner thighs, then straight leg lift (while you are in table position), then bent leg, then bent leg up and cross over the other leg. I didn't put the weight behind my knee for the last part of that one, but I wore my 3 pound leg weights for the whole thing!

I did cheat on the hip raises. I put a playground ball under my low back, and tried to lift my hips off the playground ball as much as I could. I can't do all the reps otherwise, and this way I felt it in my hamstrings but didn't struggle to keep my hips up and feel like I was falling the whole time. I did try to dig in my heel to the ball and do the best I could though!

At the end my legs were shaking! It was a good thing though. I really felt like I got a good workout! Today my legs are slightly achey (maybe it'll become more as the day wears on?) and I am feeling some ache in my low back. My glutes seem to have gotten the most work though, and they are feeling it more than the rest! I think I kinda like that workout! 80 minutes of legs, which I hate doing, and I actually just said I think I kinda like that workout, and I meant it! HAHA!

I did get about an hour work done on the island. It was warm, however some clouds came over so it felt OK. I planned out my concrete, and DH is going to get me a few bags to get started. I mapped out the path to the flag pole and laid down the weed barrier. I also did one wheel barrow full of dirt, and shoveled it into the low spots. Overall, a productive day!

Today we are going on a field trip, so I am debating doing a cardio (not the kickboxing in Xtrain, since I have learned that hurts my feet!) or just calling it a rest day and counting the walking as my workout.

We also keep getting warnings we are in a "critical fire danger" zone. I don't remember ever being in "critical fire danger", so that's kinda unnerving. We are going on a field trip about 45 minutes from home, and I kinda feel like we should stay here just in case. It's silly, because it's not like I can stop a fire if it's coming. I don't know. We will carry on and deal with whatever.

Eventmom: WOW! Congratulations on retiring in December! I know you had talked about it coming up soon, I didn't realize you had made a decision on a date now! So you are retiring mid year? I guess I always though people in the teaching profession retired at the end of the year (May or June). HA! I am so happy for you! That's great! So are you guys moving to New Mexico after that, or are you maintaining the two residences for a while? That is so exciting! It'll be stressful too, because after working all your life, suddenly being faced with not working is daunting and stressful. I feel like I went through that a lot when I had LB and stopped working for a paycheck. My identity was shifting and I had such a hard time with it! I am so happy and excited for you! Next semester is going to be so hard to get through though!

Ebianco and Eventmom: I have heard that you lose fat through breath! I don't know how much I believe it though. HA! I have added cardio on, CATHE cardio, for the last 6 weeks. Haven't lost a pound. sigh. I guess I need to maybe work on deep breaths when I'm not working out! I have heard that is good for you too, and remember reading about a guy who deep breathes even when he is doing cardio. maybe I'll focus on my breathing more, not only when I'm working hard. Somethings got to work, right???

Ebianco: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing on Fitsplit. I wasn't that excited about it, so it's good. I have recently beefed up my Cathe collection with X10 and Ripped with Hiit (gotten off of the VF Facebook group too for $30!) so I should do RWH before I gather a new series. Plus I have all her old workouts that I have yet to try or go back to for years and years. Lots to look forward to! I am looking back further in her rotations and will probably try some (like, pre 2018) that are all workouts I have. it's fun to shop your own collection!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-22, 01:40 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA level 11 day 2 + 20 min walk
this TA level is 23 minutes??? But all standing so I love it!

buzzer - I think for primary & secondary ed most people work out the academic year. But, the courses I would teach next spring I NEVER WANT TO TEACH AGAIN! Just over it, they broke me. Everyone needs a work around for assignments, they skip class then can't finish the test in the allotted time because they don't know how to do the work. Anyway I could go on and on. I had thought of retiring this Aug. but my boss gave me a schedule with one class one night a week for 8 weeks, then a different version of the same class one night a week for 8 weeks. I can do that! The second 8 weeks is remote so I don't even have to drive into campus. I hope you'll post some pictures when you get your island done! It's sort of exciting to me, I have no ability in that area and it sounds amazing.

hi ebiano!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-22, 02:15 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from yesterday. I was so sore yesterday...so I decided to go out for a run? Not sure what my thought process was there LOL I guess because it was gorgeous weather. I started out running, then a walk/run, then decided at the halfway mark to just power walk back, which was good. I was out for almost an hour. Then I did an extended stretch for about a 65 minute workout. I've decided I'm not going to run anymore this spring/summer, at least not regularly. I miss it so much, but it just makes my knees feel achy and stiff. I was feeling 100% free of knee pain probably because I hadn't gone running in what felt like a year before last week. I just need to remind myself to that the next time I want to run. I want to enjoy the nice weather but I think I'll just go for long walks.

Today I decided to try out a Caroline full body workout, I have been saving total body workouts in a playlist from Caroline and other youtube instructors I followed and reviewed them today, and decided on this one because it was a full hour (not shorter) from EPIC 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkQq...T5yzc&index=18) Caroline called it a full body "cardio" workout, I guess because it was so metabolic? I used heavy weights and it was very metabolic for sure, I was dripping with sweat! I did a trampoline warm up and then tried out this stretch from Millionaire Hoy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmKKV1ns9Ws) which actually kept my attention for a good 25+ out of the 35 minutes. I added my own music in the background. Overall, I got a 95 minute workout!!

Tomorrow will be Pure Barre not sure which one, then a classical stretch maybe?

Eventmom Congratulations on your upcoming retirement!!!! Do you have retirement activities planned?

Buzzer Like Eventmom said, you have got to share pictures of your island with us when it's done!! I don't have any ability in that area either

Great work on pushing through with those tough Cathe workouts!! I was torn about Cathe vs. Caroline for total body strength today, I was about to pull out Cathe PHA 3 (one of my favorites) but decided to try something different. I think I would have worked really hard and dripped with sweat either way. It's wonderful to have so many workout options!

Yikes, that critical fire danger zone does sound ominous Hopefully it won't end up impacting you.

I wasn't connecting losing fat through breath with cardio, although I guess that's right! I was just thinking the mechanics of it, the actual burned off fat leaving your body through your breath. I always feel like I need more cardio, it's certainly tough when I run but like I mentioned that is not a sustainable exercise for me anymore. Caroline goes for an hourlong walk every day she says for cardio, but then again she puts out a crazy HIIT once a week.

I have the Ripped with HIIT upper body workout and i like it. That's a terrific find for the whole set for $30!! It is definitely fun to shop my collection So many workouts (and entire series no less) that I liked or love at one point, but haven't done in years!!
Old 04-24-22, 05:43 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - caribbean aerobics yoga, took my horse to school cross country jumping then same home and stretched
today - TA 2.11 day 3 + about 15 min cardio

ebianco - mostly I want to ride my horse(s) and get my property clean up enough that we can sell it. Everything is overgrown, falling down, okay maybe not falling down but I have so much work to do before I can even think of selling it to move to something smaller.

hi buzzer!
Old 04-25-22, 07:03 AM  
Buzzer

REST DAY!!... DONE!
Xtrain Low impact Hiit... DONE!

I took a much needed rest day after Cardio Legs. My legs were tired! I didn't realize I had some soreness in my quads until yesterday when I did the low impact Hiit. However, I still did my best, gave it 100% of what I had and pushed through! There was not a lot of weights used in Hiit, she used 5's for like the first two exercises, and I don't know why she did. They didn't add to the workout or make it tougher, so note to self to ignore her weights next time. I did use the taller portion of the fanny lifter for the second half with a step. She had 2 or 3 risers under hers (I don't remember exactly now) so I figured that was probably comparable. It was tough! I probably should have done it with the lower portion, however I pushed through and it was good!

Today is supposed to be a rest day on the rotation, however since I rested on Saturday I was going to just push through. Well, this week starts with CARDIO LEGS, which is very tough and, I think, similar to Low Impact hiit! So I am NOT doing, basically Cardio Legs, two days in a row. I pulled out my favorite go to lately, Ballroom Aerobics. So that's what I have on tap for today unless I get out there and change my mind!

I keep thinking "this rotation is supposed to be intermediate???" Everything I see says Xtrain is intermediate. I think this is tougher than Xtrain Express, which I think was listed as Advanced! I am still liking the rotation though!

We go on vacation in a little over a month, and I was planning out my workouts. I didn't think a lot of the hotels would have a gym, and I am not so good at doing videos on vacation. If there's a gym, I am better at lifting or doing something on the treadmill. I do OK with doing a workout in the room, but I need to do something quiet so I don't wake up the family.

After looking through some of my workouts to see what I want to bring, and then booking some of our rooms and realizing some of them have a gym of some sorts, I am going to try to bring my rotation (assuming I am still doing this one) with me. I am going to try to find room in the workout rooms to do them. Usually I don't run into too many people working out, so hopefully that trend will continue and I will find room to do my workouts. Some of the workout rooms have weights, some have just cardio, some have those machine things of weights. So I will have to go through and figure out my workouts based on the pictures.

This vacation has been crazy stress. I think I have planned it with the least amount of driving, however it has been so difficult getting it all in, plus trying to not have long days of driving! I have planned and replanned this vacation at least 3 or 4 times. I finally set it aside for about a week and couldn't even look at it, then yesterday I got a second wind and plowed through it AGAIN, rewrote and reworked the drive times, and I think I have it worked out (perhaps finally? Better be since I booked rooms!). There's still about 3 nights I have to book, however I also need to go back and make sure I did everything right.

Then I have to go back, write out all the hotel names, addresses and drive times to them as well as to where all we want to go from them. Then I want to write out my workout rotation from there. I need to get the block away in my mind to push through to the finish! It's been hard. I have a love/hate relationships with road trips. The planning sucks for sure.

Eventmom: We had snow last night. about 2"! I'm happy to see it. I know it only takes us out of "extreme fire danger" for a few days, but I'll take it.

Your property sounds like ours! HA! LB asked what it would take to sell our house or rent it out, and I told her we would have to do so much to it it's almost not worth it. The repairs (our laundry room is studs and broken up subfloor right now, and that's just one of the repairs we'd have to do), the cleaning up, the making it pretty, fixing the little things that we just let go (a little hole in the wall down low, about a foot off the ground, that has been there since we moved in and apparently it's just out of the way enough we can ignore it)... it's overwhelming to think about. I know you'll have more time as you retire, however it's still overwhelming! I'm happy you will be able to miss teaching the classes you don't want to do again! It's time when that happens.

Ebianco: Are you feeling better yet about your return to the office?
So, I am sore today, however I would never consider a run!! HA! That cracked me up. Although, the progression of your "run" sounds about right. If I were to decide to run today, I would have the same one! I am considering starting to take Otis for walks. he has never consistently had any, and DH likes to put him on one of those "extendo" leashes, which I don't agree with, on walks. So I am reluctant to start him on walks because I don't feel like training him for them! What a stupid reason. Maybe for the spring I will add on a few short training walks for him. I feel the need to get outside in the nice weather too.

So last night as I was laying in bed, I went to eBay to see if any cheap Cathe's have come up. There was a 4 Day Split for $14! Free shipping too! I have 4DS, however I got it off eBay a long, long time ago (pre LB) and it was a bootleg. I ended up getting my money back and, of course, could keep it. There was no menu, and some of the DVD froze up. So I have never done it. But I kept it! HA! So I went ahead and got it. I am adding to my Cathe collection faster than I thought I would! I keep finding $10 DVD's and this. This is a deal I just couldn't pass up! I haven't bought workouts in years though, so it feels fun again. I kinda miss those days (my wallet doesn't though).

I am breathing, lots of oxygen, and even yesterday tried to intentionally breath in bigger breaths. So hopefully the breath losing weight thing helps! HA!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-25-22, 08:53 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I finished my workout week yesterday with a 75 minute workout consisting of a rebounding warm up (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpWI...MXm_p&index=69) then Pure Barre Results Arms for 45 minutes then about 15 minutes from this Essentrics (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnaxj4ejDdM&t=202s). It was funny with the Pure Barre because we did the abs at the beginning and my abs were SO sore in the beginning abs, then my arms were SO sore, then my legs were REALLY sore, and my seat was if possible the MOST sore!! So it was a very tough workout. Usually I may have one really sore body part, but yesterday it was pretty much my total body! The Essentrics felt great and I would have done the whole thing but I ran out of time.

Then later, my family did a belated Easter egg hunt at a park which resulted in TONS of walking and it was really hot like in the high 80s! So I got in tons of steps too.

Today and tomorrow are planned rest days! Today I am going to put together my rotation. I'm going to do upper/lower splits with Caroline on Wed/Thurs, then lighter cardio and abs on Fridays, then Caroline total body on Saturday, then barre and CS on Sunday. I think that will work really well.

Eventmom Well cleaning up the property will be a project in itself!

I was recently at a retirement party for someone in our office and his wife attended, and he mentioned she had also just retired from teaching, and I chatted with her a bit. She was an elementary or middle school teacher for nearly 40 years and she said she used to love it, but the last few years with all the expectations on teachers and just teaching to the exams and not being able to teach your own style became very overbearing and she didn't miss it either. I guess it's good you are ready to stop in the sense that you won't miss it!

Buzzer Remind me where are you going on vacation? wow that's great if you can keep up your rotation while you're vacationing. I always end up with the same 4 or 5 DVDs on all my trips, Tonique Femme Fatale (usually phase 1 which is 30 minutes and easy to manage), Michelle Dozois On the Go (usually the cardio and abs and arms on the day I don't do Tonique), some kind of barre workout, Cathe LITE Bodyweight and Bands for total body, and Ballet Physique for light cardio when I'm really not feeling it but want to do something. You're right though, my experience with the gym is that there's usually no one around, except one time I was at a conference and every machine was taken with a line That was before I had my mini DVD player, it's probably why I changed my style!

I've got two more weeks before return to the office, and I was very relieved that they (leadership) slightly scaled back on the two day requirement for supervisor. They said you have to come in 2x a week or lose your office, now they say 1x a week and float the second day, so offers more flexibility. So I am coming to make terms with it, I'd like to try transitioning in starting one day a week, seeing how that goes, and a couple of weeks in, see how I feel (and how other people are doing it) on the second day. Well that's my plan anyway, it makes it feel more doable to me!

I think I'm about done with running. I know in a week or two my knees will feel totally great again. Yesterday I got a great workout in (granted it was AFTER my 'real' workout) just by walking, so hope to just do more walking this spring/summer. Maybe somewhere more hilly if I can find a good place. Do you mean a retractable leash? I use those with the little dogs, but they're more manageable than the larger dogs I think, to let them extend further away from you. I'm sure walking Otis would be good exercise!

That's a great find on 4 Day Split on eBay!!

I take really exaggerated deep breaths when I'm trying to fall asleep, and it works (nearly) every time. I'm sure the more oxygen, the better!
Old 04-25-22, 11:50 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.11 day 4 + around 20 min TA DC 1.2

buzzer - we got rain, but are still low for the year. I wouldn't like snow in april but for moisture I guess it's better than rain as it will have to melt rather than run off. So, silver lining! Yes the property is never ending. today I found a huge hole by my ring, how did I miss it? I'll have to carry dirt over to fill it.

ebianco - I think that public school teachers have it so much worse than university faculty. I know I have it so much better than so many people but I'm just worn out. My health issues haven't helped but I won't miss it. which is sad in a way.
Old 04-26-22, 06:09 AM  
Buzzer

Ballroom Aerobics.. DONE!

I gave it a bit of flair, but overall I didn't overdo it on this workout. My legs were tired and sore, and honestly by the time they said "prepare for the aerobic finale" I was done. I pushed through, but it wasn't enthusiastically.

This is a good kinda rest day workout. I was tired! We did school, then I was so tired I took an hour long nap. LB kept pushing for her friends to come over, however I was tired, we have had so many busy days, and it was snowing off and on all day. I told her that they would end up in the house and I couldn't handle that. She was persistent until I took the nap, then I told her afterwards "See? I told you I was tired!" Today is not supposed to be snowy, it is supposed to be cool though. There is a park gym day, so I will probably take her to that today. She did have a busy weekend so we didn't see her friends, so if it's nice enough we will do it today.

So yesterday was a lazy, tired day. LB set up a puzzle while I was napping so I woke up and worked a puzzle, then we played "Mad libs" (the game form) and laughed. I need some days off!

LB had her recital on Sunday, and she did a lot better than I thought she would! I was so nervous about her group performance, since she was practicing for weeks at a slower metronome pace. The violin teacher gave her a really slow metronome speed, and apparently she was supposed to be playing at a VERY quicker pace. We didn't discover the discrepancy until Monday, and the recital was Sunday. So we had about 5 days to get her to pick up the pace. She practiced so hard! She got it, however no metronome at the performance so she had to just do it. She lagged a bit at one point, but the rest of the time she did fine. Stress over! Ugh.

This morning I booked two more nights of our trip, so only one more night to go!! We are going to Yellowstone, then to Gem Mountain in Phillipsburg Montana to dig for sapphires, then to American Fossil Dig in Wyoming to, well, dig for fossils!! LB's birthday will be while we are in Yellowstone. We are staying at the most 2 nights in any one place, mostly staying places one night. We were going to drag the camper, however by the time we figured out hook ups and spaces, plus the extra gas, it was actually cheaper to stay at hotels. I am a bit disappointed, however hotels are nice. Right now our camper is being used as a study room for DH, so it's getting use! He is out there pretty much every evening studying.

Oh, and on our trip LB and I made sure to schedule in Bear World. We went when she was 4, so I'm hoping it's just as cool now! It's a drive through bear park. They also have a petting zoo and a little kids amusement park, and we LOVED it last time. DH didn't love it as much so we didn't spend a ton of time there, however this time I have a day planned for it and we will meander as much as we want!!

Eventmom: I am glad you are at a point you can retire! Having the health issues and lack of sleep you have, I can't imagine trying to get up the motivation to look alive and knowledgable to teach a class. I know sometimes it's all I can do to teach my own kid! Maybe retirement will give you the time also to figure out some of this stuff going on with you. Especially the migraines. That would really be hard.

I agree about snow being better for the melt rather than rain runoff! The snow melted all day yesterday and just soaked into the ground. We had snow on and off all day, and it would sit on the ground for a bit, then you'd hear it all running off the roof and trees. It was loud, but what a good sound to hear! No more moisture in the 10 day, however that changes so hopefully we end up with rain or snow soon again! April is one of our snowiest months typically, so although it's annoying, it's expected.

Ebianco: I'm glad to hear that about the office time you will have to do! That seems more manageable.

I don't like the extendo leash for the big dogs since if they start taking off after something, or sniffing too far away, it's harder to pull them back and control them. Plus, I don't think the dogs should be running around and sniffing during a walk, they have a job to do, it's the walk. It's not run around time. Run around time is in the yard when they are free! Plus with loose dogs (people think since we are in the hills, they don't need a leash and let their dogs run free. "But he's niiiiiice!!" they say. Without realizing theirs might be, but mine doesn't do well with other dogs, and they have no control to pull theirs back). So I like the dog by my side, walk with a purpose, and do our jobs. I don't like to struggle, pull the dog, and feel like we have two different goals. It took me a while to train Eugene to walk, and he still does a perfect job of it. I just have to bite the bullet and train Otis to be a good walker!

So the only time I have encountered a crowd at the workout room was in Las Vegas. All that was left was a treadmill, so I walked on the treadmill until I had blisters (I forgot socks that day). I was too shy to do a workout video in front of all those people! There must have been 30 people in there (it was a big workout room too!). Other than that, I don't think I have ever encountered anyone else.

Mostly the workout rooms don't even have the AC turned on, and I have had several times where people that work at the hotel stand and look at me while I am working out, like they are surprised to see someone there. I can recall two times off hand where housekeeping stopped and stared when I was working out. Not like they were interested, but more like "wow. Someone is using that room!"

I have fiddled with AC units, opened windows, blown dust off equipment, fixed equipment, figured out fans... I don't think workout rooms at hotels are used much if at all! Some of them are really nice too! Some are crap rooms that were definitely an add on just to say they have one. I think it's kinda cool that I have so many different places I have worked out. Funny how they are memories!

The workout rooms on this trip look pretty nice. So hopefully they have room for me to do my workouts! Otherwise, I will also bring some lifting routines so if I don't have floor space, they usually have some sort of weight equipment so I can do an STS or something.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-26-22, 11:26 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA 2.11 day 4 + 20 min TA DC 1.2
today - essentrics flexibility for athletes

buzzer - fortunately I can afford to retire. I seriously doubt that retirement will be a magic cure for anything. Constant headaches are basically untreatable. I'm trying bio identical hormone therapy for sleep and the stuff that should help me sleep is making my sleep and headache worse. But it will be great not to have to try to teach until 9:30 at night with 3-4 hours of sleep. If I could get DH to move away from OK it might help because the allergies here are part of the headache problem but as long as DD is here I don't think he'll move. Wow I'm sort of down on all of this but mostly I'm sick of doing my job and feeling crappy makes it worse.

hi ebianco!
Old 04-27-22, 06:34 AM  
Buzzer

Xtrain Cardio Legs... DONE!

Woof. I gave it my all! I went low on all the exercises she went low on, I jumped when she jumped. I used Cathe's weights. I went all out! It was good! I did pause a few times between intervals to let my heart rate go lower, becuase there are times she just goes and goes. My heart rate was 7 beats away from my "max" heart rate, and she was ready to stop and do a weight move. So I paused her to let my heart go down a bit! Mostly the jumping on the step and over the step make my heart rate go up the highest.

Oh, I even did the air jacks! Of course, I didn't go as high as she does, however high enough that I could actually open my body into the starfish position and back before I fell to the earth again! I really felt good after the workout. It was great!

So LB has been asking me since, forever, if she can workout with me. I always told her "when you are 9 we will try". Well, she asked me again last night. I thought about it, and I have a kickboxing workout today. So I told her she could do that with me. She was so excited! I have picked out "kicksplosion" from the Group Kick workouts I have, and we will do it in the living room since we have more room. I went through some of the weight stuff for the next day when we do "chest, back and shoulders", so she can do that too. I don't know how to do most of my workouts with two of us in my workout room, since mostly I take up all the floor space doing my workout. However, I have been promising her. She has been discouraged about how she can't run as fast as other kids, and I have been thinking that once we are done with the garage I would ask her if she wanted to workout with me. I need to figure it out, there's no putting the genie back in the bottle at this point.

Part of me is sad, that is MY time, however I have had workout partners in the past and have been promising her. Sigh. I'll see how it goes. I told her she will have to wake up early to workout, since as summer comes on it gets too hot to workout late! Plus, the later we workout the later we start the day, and starting at 9 will push the beginning of our day well past 10:30. We can't do that. So I'll see how it goes.

Right now I have no plans to hold myself back. I have come really far with my cardio (case in point, I just did Cardio Legs with little to no breaks and going all out!) and have no intention of going backwards. So, I'll see how it goes. I just need to figure out the space for two of us thing.

LB has been more clingy lately, I don't know why. She is wanting to be around me constantly. I am getting no time away except the mornings. She is literally following me around. Yesterday we did school, and afterwards I sat down to unplug for a few minutes and read some things DH sent me. She came over with a game "wanna play this?" I sighed, and she looked so disappointed. So we played games. I can't even take a shower without her cracking the door to tell me something or ask a question. I love this kid with all my heart, but I do feel a bit smothered

So, with that in mind, I just voluntarily gave up my workout time to her too. HA! I'll see how this goes.

I did tell her if it doesn't work out for ME, then we will stop and wait until the garage is done. I have to factor in myself in the equation.

Today is supposed to be OK warm, so I will probably work on the island project too.

Eventmom: LB and I were at Costco at like, 5pm, and we were thirsty. Instead of buying a pack of 24 of whatever drink, we just got frozen lattes at the snack bar. BAD MOVE. I slept so bad last night. SO bad. I couldn't even fall asleep! I was up well past 10:30pm, when I usually go to bed completely exhausted at 9. Even then I had to force myself to sleep. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't fall back to sleep. I don't think I can do caffeine at all. I didn't even think about it when I got it or drank it. I hate that sleep is so affected by just little things! It's like, "oh I ate a recess peanut butter cup at 4:08pm. now I will be up all night". sigh.

Sorry you are feeling down! I hope the thought of retirement makes you happy! I get you about the allergies, and for some reason they are bad this year. If your DD is in the movie industry though, she will probably move from OK and then you can too!! HA!

Hi Ebianco!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14