Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-22, 12:10 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
both Cardio Callanetics and Callanetics Evolution are on youtube in their entirety.

VF reviews for CE:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=3442

for reviews of CC, here's a link to the tags to "Cardio Callanetics" on this forum:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...io+callanetics
I was able to find the Cardio one, but not evolution on YouTube, but I’ll keep looking.

On another note…. I scored Tracey Anderson Mat dvd for $4 at our local thrift store. I didn’t ride that bandwagon back in the day so this will be my first of hers to try.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-22, 01:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I was able to find the Cardio one, but not evolution on YouTube, but I’ll keep looking.

On another note…. I scored Tracey Anderson Mat dvd for $4 at our local thrift store. I didn’t ride that bandwagon back in the day so this will be my first of hers to try.
maybe i was wrong about the CE being on youtube - sorry! perhaps it was taken down. there was a huge lawsuit/cat fight against Sandra Hanna's rights to teach Callanetics. there's a couple of threads on this topic if you search the tag for: callanetics lawsuit .

i tried TA very, very late also - i acquired some of her newer workouts at a booksale.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-22, 09:14 AM  
Dancing Queen

So, I bought a used copy of Debbie Siebers' Slim in 6 set four years ago and have never touched it since.

This morning, I did Start it Up and Slim and Limber, then bought ALL the Slim Series AND Slim Express videos from SwapaDVD / Ebay (for a total cost of less than $15). I guess I'll be posting about them soon!!!
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-22, 09:26 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
So, I bought a used copy of Debbie Siebers' Slim in 6 set four years ago and have never touched it since.

This morning, I did Start it Up and Slim and Limber, then bought ALL the Slim Series AND Slim Express videos from SwapaDVD / Ebay (for a total cost of less than $15). I guess I'll be posting about them soon!!!
Slim & Limber is one of my most used stretch DVDs but I have only done one of the other workouts from the set and don't remember it at all!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-22, 07:28 AM  
Dancing Queen

I just received Jessica Smith's Train for Your Body Type from a generous VFer through Share the Wealth. This morning, I did the Warmup, Cardio, Upper Body, and Cool Down sections.
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 10:09 PM  
fatkat555

So I just did Tracie Long Figure 30 Hips tonight. Thank you to the VFer who so graciously sent this to me. I knew when I saw clips I was going to love this one and it’s definitely a keeper.

Also new (in shrink wrap) was Firm Jiggle Free Arms. This one was okay. It had a “drill” feel to it with alternating weighted upper body work and then cardio throughout. The cardio used the Transfirmer and I just tried to mimic the moves on the floor. I still got a good workout for sure, but was frustrated with the fast choreography. So it’s not a love fest for this one, but I’ll give it another go at a later date.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 04-12-22, 07:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

Finally was brave enough to recently try the full workout on PHA 2. I'm not sure why I let it intimidate me.

I did have to take a couple water breaks after round two but really a fun workout. Warmup just the right length and nice mix of moves. Easy to lower intensity by using lighter weights. Not my style of music so I opted for my own. Love that Cathe's DVDs allow a no music option so I can do that.

I chose the premix with the extended stretch which my body appreciated. I do agree with my check-in buddies that this feels easier than PHA 1. I personally think it's similar in difficulty to PHA3.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 12:03 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I bought this used, but it is new to me:

Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout (~virgin 83 min.). Wow, what I workout! She fried my arms and I only used 2s, at some point I was wishing I grabbed 1s and then my legs, why oh why I put on ankle weights?! The burn was out of this world, I was trembling! And my abs were on fire at this point I was totally abandoned in the pain, geez, and you know what... I loved it! My only complaint is that there were not exercises for the back (that is why I love Kathy Smith abs work she always gives some love to the back as well). All in all, it is a great workout as its title says, and the time passed quickly, the guys clothes... definitely an oldie, but a goodie. I am happy I finally found a copy.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 08:31 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I had that Karen Voight workout at one point and remember it was challenging. There is one move in there that I have never seen from anyone else that I still do on my own to work the triceps. Lying down with one arm overhead holding weight -opposite arm bracing the bicep of working arm. Bend lower portion of working arm toward opposite shoulder and press up.
This may have been in a stand alone upper body workout but I am not sure.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 08:40 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I had that Karen Voight workout at one point and remember it was challenging. There is one move in there that I have never seen from anyone else that I still do on my own to work the triceps. Lying down with one arm overhead holding weight -opposite arm bracing the bicep of working arm. Bend lower portion of working arm toward opposite shoulder and press up.
This may have been in a stand alone upper body workout but I am not sure.
I think they do this move in Firm Strong Body (classic library set) if it’s the move I’m thinking of…. But they do it with two weights, one in each hand.

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins