Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-29-22, 08:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

goodwill drops off about 5 bags of clothes and linens.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-22, 08:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I talked to an old high school friend the other day. She took a class on minimalism and is getting rid of decades worth of "stuff."

I wonder if this is a side effect of the pandemic? More folks want to lighten the load!
Vintage VFer I'm not sure ...but it's definitely something within our control (in an otherwise out of our control situation. )

Good job to you and eventmom for chugging along!

Cleared out a hall closet. Man it looks great!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 02:18 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Peeking in to say that I have been slacking. I did drop a bag of books off at the library and some things to GoodWill.

I'm kind of sick of putting things away. The spouse brought more boxes of my things the other day.

I guess I need a break.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 08:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Peeking in to say that I have been slacking. I did drop a bag of books off at the library and some things to GoodWill.

I'm kind of sick of putting things away. The spouse brought more boxes of my things the other day.

I guess I need a break.
Definitely take a break!

I dropped off a small duffle bag of items at goodwill today.

I am definitely finding less to donate. I'm not sure if I really have purged all I can or whether I'm not being as vigilant at decluttering but I have definitely noticed a decline in my donations.

Good luck to everyone in their journey!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 08:35 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

A bit of progress here but not much. I sold a brand new travel hair dryer/flatiron on FB marketplace the other day and have pending sales on two other items. DH is cleaning out the workshop in the basement in preparation for the electrician to do some work there on Friday. The area is much better but it still needs more purging..
I went through 2 small file boxes that were in my pantry but moved to basement before our remodel. Articles and miscellaneous stuff that I literally did not touch since they were moved in July. I should have thrown it out without looking but of course I looked and got rid of 3/4 of it. Not bad but now I am reluctant to get rid of the one empty box. Why???
I have a few things for Lupus Foundation to pick up tomorrow. Also some books to go to the library for their sale. Drop off is next week so I should see if there are more to toss.

Yes Alta, you need a break!

ETA: Just scanned and shredded some 2021 bills.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-22, 10:24 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Eventmom, great job on the 5 bags. A good reminder that I need to go through linens sometime as well.

Fanofladyvols good thought on decluttering being something we can control vs an out of control situation(ie: pandemic). Glad you got your hall closet cleaned out. It feels good to see results like that!

Vintage Vfer, agree with others to take a break! They can work wonders!

Ireidgreen, it sounds like you're making some great progress even if it doesn't seem like much. Always nice to sell a few items.

I've made very little progress in the house. I pulled one cookbook out of the thrift shop box and added a kitchen apron that I don't like to it. My progress has been outside. We had some older livestock feeders(we have horses and cattle) that needed repair beyond our abilities. DH and I are not welders so we offered them free for hauling on facebook and they got snatched up quickly. I'm so glad someone else could use them as they were just turning into junk here. Nice to see the area they were stored in decluttered.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 08:37 PM  
DCW

Donated 3 bags of linen and shoes.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 02:26 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I had the ambition to go through a few more boxes. There were two boxes of photos and negatives going back to 1978-1998. I tossed/shredded it all. (Except for some photos of long gone kitties that I miss.)

At some point, I went digital. So, after that, the photos are on my computer.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 07:30 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Alta, good work on the photos. Sometimes those are so hard to part with. I started tossing photos not in an album a while ago then got sidetracked. We have at least 2 large photo books of my kids from before we had digital cameras. We started scanning them about 1.5 years ago to have back ups in case of disaster. Need to return to that project once we get the photo quality scanner set up again. It's still in storage from our remodel.

DH went through the rest of the workshop and got rid of a lot of stuff. The area is mostly clear so the electrician can work safely and DH can move his table saw and mitre saw in there. They are now stored in the shed or garage where it is a tripping hazard. I grumbled about it so he purged to shut me up!

One of my pending Marketplace items is sold and gone (carpet remnant still wrapped-was in the workshop) and the other is waiting for pickup. I need to re-list the other one.
Trying to decide what to tackle next but I will try to get rid of at least one item a day until I settle on a "project"
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 10:29 AM  
Vantreesta

Photos is another of my "quirks." I have these weird ideas about some things. I can't throw away photos of people or animals. I'm irrationally afraid smthg will happen to them if they're living and if they're deceased it feels like I'm throwing their memory away. The logical part of me knows this isn't true but the other part is too strong for me to ignore.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, decluttering, downsizing, organizing, organizing the home, relocating