Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-22, 01:52 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

1. What is your favorite flower? I love all wildflowers. With the terrible drought they have become more rare and short-lived.

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? Best: More outdoor activities. Worst: I already start dreading the heat of the summer!

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? Someday, I'd love to go to Japan for the cherry blossom festivals. I've been studying Japanese for years and it would be fun to go there.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? I'm excited to now live in an area with many walking and hiking options nearby. I can't think of anything I'd stop doing exercise-wise.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? I haven't noticed any yet.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 02:14 PM  
warriorprincess

Here is South Florida, it's a continuation of the best half of the year with no noticeable changes outside of the cypress trees turning green!

1. What is your favorite flower? bougainvillea, and daffodils

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? It's warm enough to sit on the porch and read, and cool enough to work in the yard. I can't think of a worst part... maybe the pool and ocean still too cold to go into.

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? Scuba diving off the beach of a caribbean island, maybe Bonaire. Chilling in the evening to the tunes of reggae in a tiki bar, watching the sunset.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? More weights. I seem to be losing muscle mass and bone density at an alarming rate. It's frustrating.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? There are some long black snakes out and about looking for mates! Harmless and fascinating creatures.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 02:39 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for the responses. It's interesting to see regional differences. I'm sorry for the Midwesterners who have to anticipate possible tornadoes. I loved reading all the different flowers that people like.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 04:01 PM  
Gams

1. Favorite flower is pansy/viola. I love their colorful faces and violas self seed in my yard and I like seeing new flowers pop up from nowhere.

2. Best part of spring is that with any luck we won’t get much more snow. Worst part of spring is that we always do get more snow.

3. I’d love to visit Scotland.

4. I’ll keep doing my exercise DVDs, but I’ll get to start taking the dogs for long walks again.

5. I get lots and lots of bears in my yard. I love bears, just not up close and personal - I’m happiest when they are napping.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 04:48 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
It has been a while since I started one of these threads. For some of you, a spring edition may seem kind of early, but in North Carolina it seems like it is here. For those of you further north, know that it is coming!

1. What is your favorite flower?

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______?

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation?

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season?

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here?
New Englander here and still waiting for Spring! Still snow and ice here with frozen lakes.

1. Daisy

2. Best: Warm Weather Worst: Allergies

3. Hawaii (never been but on my bucket list)

4. I think I might start to switch back to barefoot workouts

5. Geese, ducks and swans return
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 05:57 PM  
Karla25

1. What is your favorite flower? Blackfoot daisy

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? The best part is getting to plant flowers, shrubs and trees for butterflies, birds and wildlife. The worst is my aching hip & back.

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? Anyplace where there is a crystal-clear ocean and snorkeling gear.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? Trying to use more lighter weight workouts. Also trying to switch up the types that I do for different time periods. For example, Pilates for a month, mostly light weights for a month, mix-it-up month and then yoga for a month. Hoping it will help prevent injuries.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? hummingbirds
Old 03-18-22, 07:15 PM  
edensmom

1. What is your favorite flower?
Balsamroot. Actually I love all the wildflowers in spring and summer.

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? Best: more light! Worst: idk, maybe the rain. Though it rains all year .

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation?
I like a lot of different things so I don't have an ideal vacation. Our next trip will likely be up to Kalaloch (olympic national park, absolutely stunning.) Though I'm craving someplace warm. And this summer hoping to take the family on a cruise to Alaska.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season?
I'd like to STOP with the plantar fasciitis so I can START doing whatever I want!

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here?
Wildlife, not so much. It's the flowering trees that signal spring. That and the daffodils.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 07:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

1. What is your favorite flower? Pansies. I love the colors and the way they smell.

2. The best and/or worst part about spring is _______? The best part is things greening up. The worst part is the WIND.

3. What is your ideal or dream spring break vacation? The beach somewhere, or the Blue Ridge Mountains.

4. What will you start and/or stop doing with exercise in the new season? Probably walk outside more.

5. Is there any wildlife in your neighborhood that signals the spring season is here? When the doves build a really crummy nest in my backyard oak tree.
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 06:27 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for "playing". It's interesting to read about what people like, see, and want in the spring. I'm hoping that more people are now closer to actually experiencing the season!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you