Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-22, 08:42 AM  
LAC

Thanks everyone! I just ordered a pair of Lands End petite boot cut to try out. I'm 5'2" and a regular length is always too long for me, but petite is sometimes too short, so fingers crossed!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 09:51 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I was also a Lucy fan and still am sad that they closed. The Land's end boot cut are most comparable to the vitals. I'm also 5'2".

Now if I could find some cute t shirts. I always liked their t shirts.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 11:00 AM  
LAC

Update: Land's End brand is a winner

My Land's End yoga pants arrived and I am happy to say they are a winner! The fabric weight is what I was looking for and the petite length works fine for me. The waist is a little higher than my beloved Lucy yoga pants, but as someone mentioned elsewhere in this thread, a higher waist is better at being "squat proof", which is a bonus. I ended up ordering them through Kohl's, rather than Land's End. I couldn't use Kohl's discount codes, but I could use some Kohl's cash I had accumulated, so I feel like I got a bargain.

Thanks again everyone for all of the recommendations; I did look at all the brands that were mentioned. I wish I felt comfortable in leggings because some of those did look cute, but that style makes me feel self conscious - I'm just a flare/boot cut kind of gal!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 11:07 AM  
cyana

Thanks for the update - glad you found something that was a good fit. The majority of my wardrobe used to come from Lands' End, then it seemed that the fit of some of their clothes got kind of weird (especially my beloved jeans), so I haven't shopped with them in years. Back before the internet, I knew their toll free phone number by heart! Their customer service reps were the best.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 11:47 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks for the Land's End tip - they do look really nice. i see Land's End clothing in the local Ross Stores, and they have at least 2 racks of active wear in case you need something in a pinch.

https://www.landsend.com/products/wo...ants/id_338351

i'm getting at the age where leggings are just way too tight and rub against my skin. even if i buy a couple sizes larger, they're too tight and i am prone to eczema. so i have also been looking at yoga pants instead.

i am fine with thin fabric too because we get a lot of hot weather and humidity - i found some good ones at Walmart, their Athletic Works brand, in basic solid colors and picked up a grey one and a navy one. when i go walking outdoors, i want to cover my legs from the sun, and these fit the bill well - breathable, loose, good coverage.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-22, 10:58 AM  
donnamp

I did not know you could buy Lands' End through Kohls!!

I have had good luck w/ most of Lands' End and LL Beans pants/jeans - they fit well w/out being too tight.

I think I did have a pair of their Yoga pants some years ago that I wore through!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
yoga pants