Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-22, 05:37 PM  
Pam

I didn't sign up for EST 12pm, but I did than my first Shovel Max for this winter, for about 10" of snow (I have done 2 sessions of Shoveling that I would only count as Warmups, previously this winter).

I was thankful and happily shoveling and plowing today. The huge, recent Colorado fire happened only about 25 miles east of me. Unfortunately the moisture came too late for those people.

I have the 11 pm slot and I will report back later after, I do a planned QG Sleep Practice by Lee Holden.
Old 01-01-22, 05:45 PM  
Messe

Just finished Heather Robinson's Fierce Day 2 Lower Body Strength Workout.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 05:57 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Checking in late for the 1:00 spot! I had my annual New Year's Day meditation walk at the beach, then Lucy Wyndham-Read 2,000 Steps At Home Walking. I'm going to do some yin yoga now.

Best of health and happiness to you all in 2022!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 06:53 PM  
Karla25

Checking in for the 4:00 spot. Get Ripped & Jacked (minus the lunges & abs) followed by 30 minutes of Yoga: Gentle Practice with Zyrka Landwit.
Old 01-01-22, 08:33 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

For the 7PM Eastern/4PM my time slot I did some new and some neglected workouts.

Lee Holden's Qi Gong 30-Day Challenge Day 28 - I like this for a warm up or just a bit of movement and mobility but haven't done one for a couple of months at least. My third time through the challenge, though I don't do them 30 days in a row. Nice warm up.

The Ambient Collection Lavender Fields France Virtual Walks #1 and 2 done on my stationary bike. This particular one was new to me, though I have a lot of these DVDs. Lovely sunny and bright summer but not too hot French countryside scenery at a leisurely pace with crickets and birds chirping with no one telling me what to do and I can zone out being in the experience for 40 minutes. Mindful low key cardio.

Tamilee Webb Total Stretch for Beginners - Total Body Stretch chair and floor sections. An old favorite - I had it on VHS - but I can't remember when I last did it and I mostly did the standing section. Very nice to work out with Tamilee and find all of the moves familiar.

Hope everyone has a good workout today. Happy New Year.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 08:48 PM  
rhbrand

Check in for 8pm slot. I did start about 5 min early.
Did a short warm up on my elliptical then a 25 min yoga workout for hips and low back from Yoga with Adriene
Old 01-01-22, 09:10 PM  
LAC

I didn't sign up, but I did a 40 minute run on my elliptical starting at 7:30 p.m. EST
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 12:03 AM  
Pam

I had the 11pm time. I did my own QiGong practice and than a long meditation.
Old 01-02-22, 01:47 AM  
Venus

I wasn't sure what time slot I could do so I didn't sign up ahead of time. I worked out at 10 and 11 p.m. EST (later than I expected). I did this yoga practice:

108 Sun Salutations Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga w/ Erin Sampson

I had planned to do this practice, but I kind of put it off because it seemed a little daunting. I had a bit of discomfort in my wrists and elbows near the end and my arms are a little sore, but I made it to the end. It was just what I wanted/needed for the first day of the year. I also started the Move program from Yoga with Adriene, but the first day is a brief introduction.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 01:49 AM  
LizEMA

Checking in.
I had the 10PM slot. I unexpectedly konked out before then, so I didn't get going until 10:30. (Please don't kick me off the "team"! )

That coupled with a stressful day had me almost not doing anything at ALL. I wanted to start the new year off on the right foot, though, and, of course, I didn't want to let my fellow VF marathoners down.

The Boot Camp premix of Cathe's Body Max 2 was the WO that kicked off the new year for me.

Thanks for holding me accountable VFers.

And thanks to Abbe, again.

Tags
marathon, new year, new year marathon, vf marathon