Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-13-21, 04:27 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Español es mi lengua materna y pienso que tu español es excelente!! lo aprendiste tu sola con tus amigos de la infancia? // hablaban is the past tense of hablan, though I think hablan is good since they surely still speak Spanish Soy del sur* de Arizona. I hope you don't mind the little corrections, I like learning languages and I appreciate the corrections. Que tengas un hermoso día!
Thank you for the corrections, and thank you for the compliments. I did take two semesters of Spanish as an undergrad, but all we did was find the swimming pool and the library (in case I needed to go for a swim or read a book when I'm in Mexico), and that was 45 years ago! I did have a bilingual roommate for three years (and that was over 35 years ago). She didn't teach me much Spanish, but I discovered that I could figure out the gist of most the conversations she had with her mother.

Hoy es hermosa! Esta lloviendo (I really want to write Tenemos lluvia, but I think that's not real Spanish).

Entiendo mas que puedo hablar
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 07:45 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Thank you for the corrections, and thank you for the compliments. I did take two semesters of Spanish as an undergrad, but all we did was find the swimming pool and the library (in case I needed to go for a swim or read a book when I'm in Mexico), and that was 45 years ago! I did have a bilingual roommate for three years (and that was over 35 years ago). She didn't teach me much Spanish, but I discovered that I could figure out the gist of most the conversations she had with her mother.

Hoy es hermosa! Esta lloviendo (I really want to write Tenemos lluvia, but I think that's not real Spanish).

Entiendo mas que puedo hablar
De nada!! You're welcome!! I didn't learn a lot of English in school either, we just leant the basic. I had to take another course after college to really learn it, but reading in English really helped a lot, at the time chatting on Internet was quite new, so I downloaded a few softwares, like IQ (I think it was) and hotmail messenger, and started chatting with people from the US and Europe, I also got a few penpals at the time, which their mother tongue wasn't English either so we both got to practice together if we really wanted to understand each other. I still make mistakes though.

Hoy es hermoso! Está lloviendo, is right, that is what we usually say. You could also say: "Hoy es un hermoso día ", hermoso with "o" because día is a masculine word even though it ends in "a".

Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 06:07 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
De nada!! You're welcome!! I didn't learn a lot of English in school either, we just leant the basic. I had to take another course after college to really learn it, but reading in English really helped a lot, at the time chatting on Internet was quite new, so I downloaded a few softwares, like IQ (I think it was) and hotmail messenger, and started chatting with people from the US and Europe, I also got a few penpals at the time, which their mother tongue wasn't English either so we both got to practice together if we really wanted to understand each other. I still make mistakes though.

Hoy es hermoso! Está lloviendo, is right, that is what we usually say. You could also say: "Hoy es un hermoso día ", hermoso with "o" because día is a masculine word even though it ends in "a".

Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread.
I apologize for the thread hijack, too.

My gosh, your English is amazing! And how could I live all these decades without knowing dia is masculine? Well, I had a kid correct me last week with domicilio, which, for decades, I thought was domicilia!
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 12:24 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I apologize for the thread hijack, too.

My gosh, your English is amazing! And how could I live all these decades without knowing dia is masculine? Well, I had a kid correct me last week with domicilio, which, for decades, I thought was domicilia!
Aww thanks for the compliment! it is not your fault, words ending in "a" are usually feminine, they always had to add a few exceptions to the rule, ins't it?! That was cute and funny about the kid correcting you, my DD sometimes do the same! We live in a French speaking province, and she was born here, there are so many words that sound similar in French and Spanish (and same meaning), but the genre is different which add to the confusion. If you ever want to know something in Spanish, feel free to message me, I'd be more than glad to help!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, database error, forum issues, vf site issues