Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-21, 10:50 AM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I am also getting the database error message when I click on "Today's Posts". It started yesterday and it is still the same today. I can see posts if I click on General Discussion.
Same here every time I click on New Post. It started a few days ago. I was really worried I couldn't read the posts at all. This morning I tried General discussion and it worked but it still show error when I go through "New Post" I hope this gets fixed soon. I use the New Post tab all the time.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 01:29 PM  
Buzzer

I don't remember who it was, however wasn't there someone who is a member who is friends with Wendy on Facebook? I seem to remember someone always saying they talked to her or told her what was going on, and Wendy has been going through "something" for a few years and has trouble checking in on VF.

Does anyone know who it was, so we can get the word to Wendy and find out what is going on, once and for all? Or find out if one of our tech VF'ers who have volunteered to help her can take care of it? I realize we have been abandoned, and the features that are going down probably will never come back, however if there's just one more option of hopefully saving ourselves, can anyone get in touch with Wendy and do it???

I don't even know her last name, so I am no help All I can do is watch the ship sink and worry about it.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 01:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wendy's full name is Wendy Niemi Kremer. You can see it on the Members listing and on the copyright of the front page of the site.

There was a somewhat recent thread called "Has VF Become Abandonware" (started by Alta, I think - I can't find it now due to the problems with the search feature). Those who did have contact with Wendy had reached out to her, and many with tech expertise did offer to help. Either she is not responding and/or she is not ready to deal with VF at present. I certainly would understand if she no longer has the mental bandwidth to deal with VF; maybe she will bequeath the site to someone who has the time and energy to refresh it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 03:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Here's the abandonware thread http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...229665&page=20

And you can click on the tags on this thread to find

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 03:40 PM  
LAC

Somebody is still monitoring the site enough to lockdown threads from time to time. Maybe we need a post with a controversial title (diets or politics anyone?) to draw attention, but then really discuss the database and search engine issues.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-21, 04:27 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

In addition to database error, I've also been getting "server is too busy" and I can't post or reply to anything. It comes and goes throughout the day. I feel like this forum is on its last legs....
Old 07-09-21, 04:35 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
In addition to database error, I've also been getting "server is too busy" and I can't post or reply to anything. It comes and goes throughout the day. I feel like this forum is on its last legs....
I have had a lot of "server is too busy" in the past 2-3 days.
Old 07-09-21, 06:19 PM  
rhbrand

Just putting this out there.

The message board that was started in case VF goes down. You might want to at least bookmark it in case VF does finally die, which it sure seems like its on life support with all the problems we've been having.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/
Old 07-09-21, 06:26 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Just putting this out there.

The message board that was started in case VF goes down. You might want to at least bookmark it in case VF does finally die, which it sure seems like its on life support with all the problems we've been having.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vfroost/
Thanks! I'm already a member and have it bookmarked. I like to be prepared. I hope to see more VF members over there.
Old 07-09-21, 07:15 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Somebody is still monitoring the site enough to lockdown threads from time to time. Maybe we need a post with a controversial title (diets or politics anyone?) to draw attention, but then really discuss the database and search engine issues.
Love this - but do it myself?

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, database error, forum issues, forum maintenance, glitches, vf future, vf site issues