Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-21, 07:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

1. What is/are your favorite spring flower(s)? Rhododendrons (the first blooming small lavender ones)

2. What is your favorite thing about spring in your area? Observing the behaviors of nesting birds.

3. What is your least favorite thing about spring in your area? Pollen!

4. Does your fitness routine change in the spring? How? I enjoy the outdoors more.

5. What is one thing you want to do or accomplish this spring? Increase my strength, stamina, and do my back PT.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 10:03 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

1. What is/are your favorite spring flower(s)?
Tulips, my late Mom grew beautiful tulips, brings back memories of her

2. What is your favorite thing about spring in your area?
Longer days, shedding coats, return of the birds

3. What is your least favorite thing about spring in your area?
At such high altitude, we'll have warm days followed by a spring snowstorm. It can be unnerving

4. Does your fitness routine change in the spring? How?
First time in at least 3 years I can really get outside

5. What is one thing you want to do or accomplish this spring?
Become more advanced at Pilates, up my cardio capacity
Old 04-27-21, 11:02 AM  
Pam

The white flowers on the wild raspberry bushes. I have a lot the bushes around me. Delicious eating the fruit later for humans and wildlife. Also a treat as I am out hiking

Seeing & hearing birds, plants and trees coming to life again! Aspens are mixed in with conifers on the hillsides and when they are first leafing out, they are a lighter green and beautiful against the darker green of the conifers.

As has already said by Jane the beautiful sunny, warm days than we are back to winter with heavy, wet snow. We are forecasted to get 13” tonight and tomorrow.

Also that has been mentioned is mud. It’s called Mud Season here.

I get outdoors more, so much that I don’t keep up with strength and stretching workouts. Going to try to not let that happen this year.

Not let projects take over, but play outdoors more this summer.
Old 04-27-21, 11:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

From the edge of the Mojave Desert -

I love wildflowers! Especially, poppies and desert mariposa lilies.

All the cute critters that come out: jackrabbits, lizards, baby quail, butterflies, bees, cottontails, tarantulas (I don't find them scary)...

All the scary critters that come out: rattlesnakes, desert recluse spiders, giant wolf spiders... Plus, it means the start of wildfire season.

More outdoor activities.

I need to do some serious de-cluttering. We have a few bags for the Salvation Army and there are going to be a lot more!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 11:50 AM  
mimikz

NW CT

1. What is/are your favorite spring flower(s)? Daffodils, such a happy flower that let's you know that real winter's over

2. What is your favorite thing about spring in your area? Flowering trees, just so, so pretty even when you look at the hills from a distance. It's hard to pick just one favorite thing!

3. What is your least favorite thing about spring in your area? The occasional really cold, really windy day.

4. Does your fitness routine change in the spring? Oh yes, more hiking! The snow is finally gone and you can get into more areas

5. What is one thing you want to do or accomplish this spring? Never forget how fortunate my family and I are for having each other and our good health.
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-21, 06:12 PM  
Sollamyn

Southern IL-Land between the rivers!

1. What is/are your favorite spring flower(s)? Lilacs and hyacinths. They smell so good!

2. What is your favorite thing about spring in your area? I love when the dogwoods and redbuds bloom at the same time. They are so pretty!

3. What is your least favorite thing about spring in your area? Storms!

4. Does your fitness routine change in the spring? How? Not really. Our winters are mostly mild enough to walk outside, but I probably do get out more often in my yard, as well as venturing out past my own neighborhood for longer walks/hikes.

5. What is one thing you want to do or accomplish this spring? I want to do a major clear out/clean up and get my flooring replaced. My nephew has moved back to this area (from Kansas City area) and he is starting his own home repair business. He is multitalented and his move back 'home' could not have come at a better time for me.
Old 04-27-21, 08:06 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I think the last time I started one of these was just after New Year's. I thought maybe it was time for another one. Answer whatever questions you want. Maybe we'll learn something about each other.

1. I am in the dandelion camp! I just love it when they pop up in the lawn (I know...weird!)

2. Being able to be in the backyard more and get the garden ready

3. Pollen

4. Nope. I mostly do my DVDs because I have a severe allergy to bees and wasps (need epi-pen). So, I only hike on rainy days during warm weather. I actually hike more in the winter because of that reason.

5. Plant my new berry bushes and elderberry plants and put up a fence around everything (my goat keeps breaking into my strawberry patch).
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-21, 04:31 PM  
Karla25

1. What is/are your favorite spring flower(s)? Black mountain daisies & delphiniums.

2. What is your favorite thing about spring in your area? Seeing wildflowers alongside the roads.

3. What is your least favorite thing about spring in your area? Pollen, Egads!

4. Does your fitness routine change in the spring? How? More gardening and planting of flowers provides lots of lower body work :-)

5. What is one thing you want to do or accomplish this spring? I want to get my yard certified as a butterfly habitat.

Tags
getting to know you