Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-11, 04:42 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Slim Series helped reduce this apple's waist.
Old 07-23-11, 04:58 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

T-Tapp, the Tempo workout, but especially the Tempo Torso workout. You have to be willing to put up with a learning curve since you need to start with the instructionals but the Torso workout will take an inch off in a short period of time. I will point out that I am NOT an apple, so that makes a difference too.

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 05:08 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
T-Tapp, the Tempo workout, but especially the Tempo Torso workout. You have to be willing to put up with a learning curve since you need to start with the instructionals but the Torso workout will take an inch off in a short period of time. I will point out that I am NOT an apple, so that makes a difference too.

Pam
A second for these workouts as well as the newer barefoot T-tapp. I'm naturally an hourglass but dealing with that perimenopausal midriff bulge. These workouts, along with anything else you're doing, are miracle workers, as well as remembering, at all times, to LIFT YOUR RIBS.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 05:57 PM  
Fitmama

I have noticed a difference in my apple abs using a rotation of AWT/endurance weights, Kickboxing, Kettlebells, and transverse core work.

For AWT/endurance weights I have been using Slim Series, Jari Love, Gin Miller Simply Endurance.
Kickboxing: Tae Bo and Powerstrikes
Kettlebells(I am new to these and only have thses two): Angie Mille Kettlebell Bootcamp and Brooke Benton Butts & Guts
I like Tracey Mallett's Loose the Belly Flab, MTV Pilates and Fitness FX intermediate for transverse training.

Day 1 AWT/endurance
Day 2 Kickboxing & Transverse core
Day 3 Kettlebells & Pilates
Day 4 rest
repeat

Live Kidney Donor April 2014 - Donate and save a life!
Fitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 08:53 PM  
Sophie

Gotta put in another plug for Essentrics/Classical stretch. I do think it makes a difference, as does pilates/ballet body style ab work.

T-Tapp, as mentioned above, particularly the torso moves, is by far the most effective thing I've done for waist-trimming (and I'm a very stubborn apple). But I will never do it again - the non-fun factor is just too high, and seriously, I would rather have a larger waist than spend time doing workouts I hate. However, I agree that for those willing to learn it and stick with it, it will work.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 08:55 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
Gotta put in another plug for Essentrics/Classical stretch. I do think it makes a difference, as does pilates/ballet body style ab work.

T-Tapp, as mentioned above, particularly the torso moves, is by far the most effective thing I've done for waist-trimming (and I'm a very stubborn apple). But I will never do it again - the non-fun factor is just too high, and seriously, I would rather have a larger waist than spend time doing workouts I hate. However, I agree that for those willing to learn it and stick with it, it will work.
Which Essentrics/Classical stretch dvd would you recommend?
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 08:56 PM  
Snuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
What's BBX? Thanks......
BBX Hardcore
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 09:18 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post

I decided to give my TTapp collection to my Mom who likes Teresa.
I have to get back to CS/Essentrics again! Thanks to your post and fuzzie's result.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 09:19 PM  
isebelleg44

Thanks ladies for your advice. I guess what I need to face is that I need to get my eating more under control, as I have the exercise part down. Out there is a dress that will flatter my body type and it just requires more searching on my part!
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 11:26 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofjoeyp View Post
Which Essentrics/Classical stretch dvd would you recommend?
Have a look at some of the CS threads, which have a wide variety of opinions, but I think I'd suggest the Vintage collection, which has Total body vol. 1 and Athlete's intense stretch (and some other one, I forget) if you don't want an entire season of episodes. If you're willing to get a season, I'm going to say season 7. But really any of them (4, 6, 7) would be good.

If you've never done CS before, be sure to check out the YouTube or vimeo webisodes - they have mini workouts, and I'm pretty sure there's a waist trimming one.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
waist