Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-11, 09:47 PM  
IrishOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
In the Supreme 90 warm up there is one shot of the african american background exerciser where she looks soooooooooooo disinterested and bored. It kind of makes me mad because I want to feel like the workout I'm about to do is going to be fun and effective, not like dental work.
I totally agree!
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 03:21 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Forgot to mention, most of the backgrounders in Leslie's Walk Eat Lose 3 and 4 mile are annoying. I do like the sisters, Donna and Paula, but those are the only ones I can stand to watch.
Yes!!! I hardly do those walks because of it. (Well, overall it's not my favorite DVD set of Leslie's, but that's another story..)

For some reason I seem to also have a 'problem' with background exercisers who have big breast implants. I'm sorry, I know, it's their business of course how big they chose them to be, but when they look so extremely unnatural (to me) I can't help but always look at them over and over while shaking my head and thinking: "Why?" ! (In Ellen Barrett's Crunch series are a few of those candidates as well as in her Prevention Belly Blast walks..)

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 09:23 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
I seem to also have a 'problem' with background exercisers who have big breast implants. I'm sorry, I know, it's their business of course how big they chose them to be, but when they look so extremely unnatural (to me) I can't help but always look at them over and over while shaking my head and thinking: "Why?" !
Same reaction here.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 12:45 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas97 View Post
Kevin from Slim in 6 - his form is horrid!
omigod! don't get me started on Kevin! He's a train wreck!
Old 07-23-11, 12:46 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfitz View Post
This is going back several years, but I have to say Sparky from In Shape With Sharon Mann is one of those background exercisers that you can't help but watch. She was weirdly hyper. That might be an understatement.
I was always afraid she was going to hurt herself herking and jerking around like that.
Old 07-23-11, 02:39 PM  
edensmom

I believe it is in The Firm's Ultimate Fat Burning Workout that Su Mi is the modifier and she just drives me crazy! When Alison tells her good job, I was like are you kidding? Very distracting. And they had to make her the modifier so she stands out even more.....ok, I'm done.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 05:31 PM  
LauraBella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckfromca View Post
I agree about Tracey from the URX workouts. I love patrick's workout, but since she is on it, I don't do it as often. I even tell myself I'm not going to watch her, but it is hard not to. I will never buy another one with her in it.
The ones wearing hats in Crunch Dvds.

The lead girl doing demos in the older Mari Winsor DVDS. She makes faces when Mari touches her. Terribly unattractive, and I can't believe they didn't edit them out.
LauraBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 06:07 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBella View Post
I can't believe they didn't edit them out.
So much of the annoying background stuff (the overacting woman in Bob Harper's workout, the bored-to-tears black woman in the warm-up to S90, the focus on annoying--to me--Greg in Cathe's STS workouts) could have been avoided with different editing. I have to scratch my head wondering why someone would choose to use some of this footage.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 07:35 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Y\
For some reason I seem to also have a 'problem' with background exercisers who have big breast implants. I'm sorry, I know, it's their business of course how big they chose them to be, but when they look so extremely unnatural (to me) I can't help but always look at them over and over while shaking my head and thinking: "Why?" ! (In Ellen Barrett's Crunch series are a few of those candidates as well as in her Prevention Belly Blast walks..)
Oh my, how awkward after what I posted a few pages back about having breasts that look just like the well endowed background exerciser in Ellen's Prevention videos. Of course, my breasts are real and hers may be as well. Unfortunately, when you are large breasted people tend to make assumptions. I can't change that, so I just accept it. If only I could charge a dollar every time someone implied my boobs were fake or asked me outright. At that rate, I could buy everything I wanted from Collage. LOL

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 10:04 PM  
keb's mom

I can barely stand to look at Toni in Amy Bento's step workouts. She is so very ungraceful and clumsy!
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background exercisers