Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-11, 06:56 AM  
sherry7899

I tried part of a ramping workout this morning, and it bothered my hip flexors/ low back. The ramp and dvds will get donated, then. I'm going to arrange for a Vietnam Vets donation pick up. Four more dvds and a large piece of equipment out the door I'm kind of sad I can't use them because Gin is one of my favorite instructors, but I do have a ton of her other workouts that I can use.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 01:56 AM  
kali1

I'm trying to see if I can declutter by sell some DVD's on YaYa's.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 07:25 AM  
sherry7899

As of today, I have sold eleven dvds on Amazon, and got rid of ten on swap a dvd

I admit I did get two dvds on swapadvd, but if I don't like them, I'll just relist them there. They both are wish list items, so I can get rid of them fast.

I donated at least twenty dvd/vhs to various places, and gave away to vf'ers too.

The decluttering is going really well I've cleared out a whole shelf.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 09:06 AM  
margaux

Could someone explain how to sell used dvds on Amazon? What does it mean to "turn in for credit?" (Also looking to pare down collection of workouts)
margaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 09:11 AM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
I've been decluttering for awhile now and it feels GREAT! I love having less. It is almost a burden lifted (odd). It is a slow process though because I feel like I need to do them to make sure and that take time and amount to some unfulfilling workouts.
I will be eternally grateful to Terry from our check-in. She posted how she determines whether or not to keep a 'questionable' workout. She asks herself if she could see herself doing the workout in 20 years. That 'allowed' me to purge about forty workouts in less than a week.

I really did feel like a burden was lifted. Bottom line, if I am not going to use them, someone will. I donated some. I gave away some. I traded some. I should have done this years ago

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 03:17 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
That will automatically free up a lot of space.
Ah, it seems like just yesterday I decided to declutter. I sold, traded or donated everything on VHS and my entire FIRM collection.

Vidiocy abhors a vacuum, however, so I've reacquired some of the old FIRMs on DVD along with a ton of BB sets, Kathy Smith collections and now Tracy Anderson stuff.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 03:56 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm decluttering too, though at a slower pace.

I've been toying with moving some of my VHS over to DVD. In the meantime, I'm packing away all my VHS. If I start craving a workout, I'll pull it out and copy it to DVD. If not, I'll donate/sell them.

For my DVDs, I have them on a Word sheet and am highlighting them in red when I do them. In June I'll review what I haven't done and do a first purge then. At the end of the year I plan to purge most everything else that remains undone. There are probably a few old favorites I'll never get rid of, but I have a decent number of impulse purchases and the impulse has long passed (Tari Rose Hard Body Yoga comes to mind).

On Freecycle: my rule of thumb is, if it's too heavy for me to carry, I'll meet the person at the house but DH needs to be here - did this with a load of leftover sheetrock. If I can carry whatever I'm giving away, I'll meet in a public place, usually the lobby of my local Barnes & Noble.

Tags
declutter, large collection, ramp, ramping, walkblaster