Old 06-06-16, 02:54 PM  
hotncmom

Thank you!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-16, 10:29 PM  
lingo10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
I had this saved but don't remember where it came from (probably here). You could sub one of his toning sets for the method DVD

AIS I rotation:
Day1: AIS + Method add-on workout (Method Cardio)
Day2: AIS ...+ Method add-on workout (classic series)
Day3: Method DVD
Day4: AIS + Method add-on workout (Method Cardio)
Day5: AIS + Method add-on workout (classic series)
Day6: Method DVD
Day7: - rest -

AIS II rotation:
Day 1: AIS II + Classic ABS II
Day 2: AIS I + Method Cardio (of your choice)
Day 3: AIS II + Classic ABS II
Day 4: AIS I + Method Cardio (of your choice)
Day 5: Method DVD
Day 6: Rest (Classic ABS II can be performed on rest day)
Day 7: AIS II + Method DVD

Follow this rotation for 3-5 weeks.

HDM Beach Body Rotation:
:::: WEEK 1 & 2:
Day 1: DVD Workout
Classic ABS & Stretch
Day 2: CardioTone1
Toning6
Day 3: DVD Workout
Classic Hip & Thigh
Day 4: Cardio3
DVD Workout
Day 5: CardioTone2
Workout1
Day 6: CardioTone1
Classic ABS & Stretch
Day 7: REST!
:::: WEEK 3 & 4:
Day 1: Cardio3
Cardio4
Classic ABS & Stretch
Day 2: DVD Workout
Day 3: CardioTone1
Toning5
Day 4: REST
Day 5: DVD Workout
Classic ABS & Stretch
Day 6: Cardio3
Cardio4
Classic Hip & Thigh
Day 7: DVD Workout
:::: WEEK 5 & 6:
Day 1: REST!
DVD Workout
Day 3: CardioTone2
DVD Workout
Day 4: REST!
Day 5: DVD Workout
Classic ABS & Stretch
Day 6: Cardio3
Cardio2
Classic Hip & Thigh
Day 7: DVD Workout
Classic ABS & Stretch
:::: WEEK 7 & 8:
Day 1: REST!
Workout2
Day 3: CardioTone2
DVD Workout
Day 4: Toning7
Workout4
Day 5: CardioTone1
Cardio4
Classic ABS & Stretch
Day 6: DVD Workout
Day 7: CardioTone2
DVD Workout
Wow thanks for the rotation, i shall add it on.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-16, 08:06 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I have a few of his workouts and like them.

I went over to the VF Reviews section and I couldn't find even one review for a Hamelin workout.

That is kind of strange...
I have posted a couple for the first course in an old thread here, and honestly I don't even know how to post one in the official review section But there are some here. Fuzzie was doing the classes at the time and there was a thread about the first course going for several weeks.

I love your dust bunny thread - I really like the older workouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellybelly View Post
I have to tell you that I started doing Hamelin's workouts last fall and I am madly in love! My body just "clicked" with his method and I am in amazing shape right now.
Yes you do!!! It's great to know there's a workout out there that yields results in proportion with the effort we put into it

There are a couple other rotations that Hamelin has posted over time. Two three week challenges, method deep, some bootcamps... they are probably buried in other threads here at the GD... maybe we're due for a post at the rotations sections and for some official reviews
Old 06-09-16, 06:50 PM  
hotncmom

Yesterday I did Thighmatics (I did 30 reps per exercise instead of 60 to start out) and today I did AIS 1 plus the Armatics taster. I'm thinking of just doing a different workout every day so I know which are my favorites. I have all the free ones and I'm thinking of getting Thighmatics II as well.

I can't wait to try the sample Deep Muscle Work tomorrow. Is that AKA "the Rambert series"? In older threads there is reference to Rambert but I'm not sure if it's all of the DMW or just one particular group.

I think I also read on here that the first set of DMW was bad lighting or bad sound or something, is that right? If I were to buy a DMW, which series would be best to start with? Do they get progressively harder with each series or are they just different?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 08:00 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Yesterday I did Thighmatics (I did 30 reps per exercise instead of 60 to start out) and today I did AIS 1 plus the Armatics taster. I'm thinking of just doing a different workout every day so I know which are my favorites. I have all the free ones and I'm thinking of getting Thighmatics II as well.

I can't wait to try the sample Deep Muscle Work tomorrow. Is that AKA "the Rambert series"? In older threads there is reference to Rambert but I'm not sure if it's all of the DMW or just one particular group.

I think I also read on here that the first set of DMW was bad lighting or bad sound or something, is that right? If I were to buy a DMW, which series would be best to start with? Do they get progressively harder with each series or are they just different?
Now that I can do TM1 from memory I like it better that way Thighmatics II is half barre and half side-lying moves. The barre sequence is pretty tough.

Also, if you want to go through the freebies, in the HDM clips channel there are some short videos of the exercises Hamelin teaches in his private sessions, including a sequence for the arms with heavier weights that KILLS.

Yep, DMW is the Rambert classes. I guess he renamed them as DMW because he started filming some of the classes in the other spaces he uses along with Rambert. There are four DMW courses, and only the first 4 (bonus 1 and 2, classes 1 and 2) of 12 classes in course 1 were filmed with less light. He changed the placement of the camera and the lightning from class 3 on. Course 4 is going to be the last of the DMW series.

I haven't gone through all the DMW classes, but the intensity varies, and all are different. Some have more of a Callanetics vibe to them, others feel like classical barre class. In the later courses you use more props (resistance bands, blocks, etc.)
Old 06-10-16, 08:26 AM  
Suzan66

The only DMW work course I have is the most recent (and hopefully not his last). I love it so much. Some have music (classical) and other have none (which I surprisingly like as well). They are different... He mixes things up so nicely but they all have the same calm feel yet are challenging. He definitely knows what he is doing.

I like how he mixes up the order of abs/arms/legs.. and how some classes may have 20m of abs and the next class there is only plank work. There is a mix of barre/ballet/pilates and classic toning moves. I was hesitant to buy these because of the price but I am so glad I did. This is my favorite way to exercise and once the course is over I will start the set over again.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 08:46 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
The only DMW work course I have is the most recent (and hopefully not his last). I love it so much. Some have music (classical) and other have none (which I surprisingly like as well). They are different... He mixes things up so nicely but they all have the same calm feel yet are challenging. He definitely knows what he is doing.

I like how he mixes up the order of abs/arms/legs.. and how some classes may have 20m of abs and the next class there is only plank work. There is a mix of barre/ballet/pilates and classic toning moves. I was hesitant to buy these because of the price but I am so glad I did. This is my favorite way to exercise and once the course is over I will start the set over again.
He announced not too long ago that he's going to be super busy and will stop the current format of live class and DMW every week. He has the upcoming cardio series that he'll be releasing every two weeks (I think), but there won't be a course 5 right after course 4 finishes, like he used to. Fear not - he has other three courses you can try
Old 06-10-16, 08:58 AM  
Suzan66

Maybe if he has a sale I will get another course down the road. I have downloaded almost all the free content on both of the YT channels so I have plenty to keep me busy. I don't plan on buying the cardio series but I am excited to hear about it.

I laughed every time I did class 5 when his cell phone rings and he doesn't miss a beat.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-16, 11:17 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Maybe if he has a sale I will get another course down the road. I have downloaded almost all the free content on both of the YT channels so I have plenty to keep me busy. I don't plan on buying the cardio series but I am excited to hear about it.

I laughed every time I did class 5 when his cell phone rings and he doesn't miss a beat.
I love the little bloopers!

He has a ton of free content, and he has posted for free several of the classes in the courses
Old 06-12-16, 03:11 PM  
dmlarue1

Hi all
is there a course series that you like the best? I really love the classes on youtube, but I am more interested in toning than cardio
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin d'abell, hamelin rotation, hdm, hdm rotation, thighmatics