Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-15, 12:04 PM  
nynancy

Are any of these workouts actual dvd's? I went to his site and it looked like they were just downloads.
nynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 12:36 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for this thread! I don't have any HAM downloads, but I have doing both Armatics Taster and Arms & Shoulders online for awhile and really like them. I try to do Armatics Taster in particular at least once every 1-2 weeks, as I like it not just for toning but also for stretching my neck & shoulders.

I also just decided to branch out and tried CardioTone 4 on Monday. I thought it was good--a little repetitive, but it was a nice option for a mindless workout that kept my HR up. I appreciate the other links and added Workout2 as another to try; I'd be interested to hear about any other favorites. Thanks!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 12:41 PM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynancy View Post
Are any of these workouts actual dvd's? I went to his site and it looked like they were just downloads.
They are downloads, but high quality downloads that can easily be made into DVDs.
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 01:28 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Rebecca I noticed on Hamelin's site that he has 1 30 minutes download for low impact aerobics, have you tried it?

TIA
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 02:13 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post
You are an absolute star!!!

I have the endurance, I think, but not necessarily the time... And, right now, we're having a ridiculous heatwave that has me sweating just typing this

You gave me a real good idea of how to work the rotation, thank you! I really want to add in kundalini (I know Hamelin likes it) and so will tweak accordingly.

The odd thing is that my problem area is actually my middle (I'm very short-waisted) and not my glutes or hips (both smaller than I'd like), but I've found that working that area really does help slim me down in my lower abs and helps me build up a bum (to counter-act my top-heaviness).

This will be a very interesting 4 week experiment!

(Just gutted I missed the Rambert series )

Super glad to help. I keep on hoping that Hamelin puts out a big book of rotations or something like that.

I'm quite used to working out in the heat, but I know what you mean. I sometimes sweat so much I feel kind of dizzy.

I keep on adding short Raviana segments and I enjoy it quite a bit that way. I don't think I'll ever be able to rock a 90 min turban style Kundalini class, but I find that adding it in small doses to my workouts really makes me feel happy and relaxed

I've been adding the first section of absmatics to anything I'm doing and those stretchy moves quite create the illusion of a longer torso - I highly recommend those along with side planks. Even though my waist measurement changes in small increments my clothes definitely fit better and I can see that my waistline looks trimmer.

About Rambert, I think you've only lost the two bonus workouts. Just email Nina and I'm pretty sure she can send you an invoice for the entire series that starts officially on the weekend after next
Old 07-01-15, 02:19 PM  
LaCatrina

You guys, I'm a serious threat to your credit cards... that's a serious warning

Maria, Xpress Low is old school low impact aerobics with some cool choreography - picture the low impact classes that were all the rage in the early 90s (at least in my hometown). It's low impact but not low intensity, you're going to sweat quite a bit and get your HR high, specially if you add light wrist weights. I often combine it with the Xpress Rebounder to make a full one-hour cardio workout.

Beth, it's hard for me to pick favorites because I love how Hamelin's workouts make me feel so good, both inside and outside. I can recommend you something more specific if you tell me what you'd like to try (matics, cardio, toning, a combo of them all...)
Old 07-01-15, 02:31 PM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post

Super glad to help. I keep on hoping that Hamelin puts out a big book of rotations or something like that.

I'm quite used to working out in the heat, but I know what you mean. I sometimes sweat so much I feel kind of dizzy.

I keep on adding short Raviana segments and I enjoy it quite a bit that way. I don't think I'll ever be able to rock a 90 min turban style Kundalini class, but I find that adding it in small doses to my workouts really makes me feel happy and relaxed

I've been adding the first section of absmatics to anything I'm doing and those stretchy moves quite create the illusion of a longer torso - I highly recommend those along with side planks. Even though my waist measurement changes in small increments my clothes definitely fit better and I can see that my waistline looks trimmer.

About Rambert, I think you've only lost the two bonus workouts. Just email Nina and I'm pretty sure she can send you an invoice for the entire series that starts officially on the weekend after next
Cheers!

I have all the Matics, so that's good to know! Side planks, though, are kind of a no-go for me (I have to be really careful on the ex-shattered elbow side and hate to do unbalanced workouts).

For kundalini, I was planning on doing Gurmukh's original which is only 45 minutes (and can even be broken up in sections through the day, if need be)... I am one of the few who do not enjoy Raviana practices.

And thank you re: the info on the Rambert series
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 02:37 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post
Cheers!

I have all the Matics, so that's good to know! Side planks, though, are kind of a no-go for me (I have to be really careful on the ex-shattered elbow side and hate to do unbalanced workouts).

For kundalini, I was planning on doing Gurmukh's original which is only 45 minutes (and can even be broken up in sections through the day, if need be)... I am one of the few who do not enjoy Raviana practices.

And thank you re: the info on the Rambert series
Sorry to hear about your elbow I'm a big fan of the waist part of absmatics - and it's quite easy to tack on to other workouts or do it sometime during the day - just 9 min, sweat-free

I love that Gurmukh workout! The Gaiam one, am I right? I did subscribe briefly to her streaming service but I didn't like it as much as I thought
Old 07-01-15, 02:41 PM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Thanks for this thread! I don't have any HAM downloads, but I have doing both Armatics Taster and Arms & Shoulders online for awhile and really like them. I try to do Armatics Taster in particular at least once every 1-2 weeks, as I like it not just for toning but also for stretching my neck & shoulders.

I also just decided to branch out and tried CardioTone 4 on Monday. I thought it was good--a little repetitive, but it was a nice option for a mindless workout that kept my HR up. I appreciate the other links and added Workout2 as another to try; I'd be interested to hear about any other favorites. Thanks!

I did cardio tone 4 on Saturday and it's all standing.. I prefer the other longer cardio tones (AIS, AIS II and the free course 4 class 3) as they have floor work too. The girl in the free course was a bit distracting the first time I did it but now I don't pay any attention to her.

I love love love his arm work.. I try to do at least 15 min of add on arms every day. I like the 3 week arm challenge and the first 10m or so of most of the toning sets starts with arms (toning sets 2 and 3 are my faves). Classic arms & shoulders is also easy to be broken in half but I try to do all of it at least once a week. It's hard...

I can't afford most of this stuff right now but I did buy Thighmatics.. it's almost meditative as it kicks your butt.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-15, 02:46 PM  
starbelly

I just heard from Nina. She said that the Rambert series is not for sale separately, but that may change in the future. If/when it does, there will be a notification on the Facebook page (and VF as well, I'm sure).
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin d'abell, thighmatics