Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-15, 12:00 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Ques regarding HDM options

Hi Ladies,
So for those of you who have purchased the HDM workouts/ series. Which would you rate as most advanced, what are some favorites? I am not really looking for straight hi/low Floor aerobics, would rather get extra cardio some other way unless it is necessary for the methodology but I would be interested in Cardio Tone workouts. WHAt are your results like and how similar are they to TA ? Any info would be awesome and appreciated so I can make a sound decision with purchasing
Thank you
Cynthia ;-)
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 08:30 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I would love your opinions also. I recently did the 30 minute workout that HDM gave out and just loved it. Now I want more but have no idea where to start. Please help (enable) me. Thank you
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-15, 08:52 PM  
LaCatrina

Gladly!!

I'm a sucker for everything Hamelin. I've been doing his workouts pretty much exclusively since Feb 2014. I've experienced awesome changes, you can see quite a bit of results pictures in his main FB page - people from every body shape and age. I really like the fact that he's not one of those trainers that tells you that his way is the only way - many fans of his method do other forms of exercise (heavy weights, crossfit, yoga, endurance running, swimming...)

As to where to begin, I think his classes are a great value. With each set you get ten different workouts that you can rotate as you want and/or combine with whatever other stuff you like to do. He just released a new series that promises to be another hit - he sent out the first Rambert class today and it's just amazing. Some barre, some yoga, some ballet, stretching - different from all his other offerings so far (trust me, I have EVERY workout he's released )

Cynthia, his hi-lo cardio isn't a must for results. Some gals do either the classes (which are cardiovascular to begin with) or the toning workouts along with other forms of cardio and they see great results just the same. For me, finding a cardio form that I could enjoy quite a bit was a game changer. I'm positive it's not the same for everybody, but in my particular case I need actual cardio to see results. I'm just mad about his retro hi-lo classes with amazing music. If you want to sample a good example of this the third secret workout is a good one to get - the mat class is pretty darn good and the music in the hi-lo is the bomb (you get a cardio workout, mat and a short yoga stretch segment - at around 90 min total)

Here's a youtube channel that has most of the free workouts Hamelin has released over time - quite a bit of goodies there https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3y..._7Is5Kq3wo9KGA
Old 06-26-15, 08:59 PM  
LaCatrina

Oh I forgot...

As to which workout is more advanced, the good news is that you can go as heavy as you want/can with the weights and add ankle and wrist weights if you want. The only rule is to keep good form at all times (more common sense than a rule, really).

Thighmatics 2 is widely regarded as the hardest lower body focused workout - even Hamelin says that it's pretty brutal

This class from course 1 had me crying in fetal position https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0FNlu5o1_w

Hamelin released 10 webisodes in 2014. I think you can email his office and ask for those, but they're not listed in his webshop. Webisode 4 has a cardio component that includes rebounding and his signature cardiotone (low impact with lots of arm moves, some intervals with dumbbells) with a touch of funk aerobics (so old school!! ) and a pretty tough toning workout

I hope this helps you out a bit, and if you want to know anything else just let me know
Old 06-26-15, 11:25 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

Thank you Rebecca for all the info! i also tried the Cardio Tone 1 today and much to my surprise the whole retro floor cardio was actually fun,lol. i think I could really get hooked on his stuff. Cant wait to try some of your suggestions!!
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-15, 07:30 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Gladly!!

He just released a new series that promises to be another hit - he sent out the first Rambert class today and it's just amazing. Some barre, some yoga, some ballet, stretching - different from all his other offerings so far (trust me, I have EVERY workout he's released )
Do you have a link with information about the Rambert series? I'm very interested in that one but there isn't any information on the website.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-15, 09:28 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
Do you have a link with information about the Rambert series? I'm very interested in that one but there isn't any information on the website.
I don't think it's available for purchase anymore. I believe it was a one time only. At least that's what my email noted. It's best to email Nina at

info@hamelindabellmethod.com

ETA. Or maybe the email just meant the 2 free videos for those who pre-ordered Class Series 5. Best to ask Nina.
Old 06-27-15, 09:56 AM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Rebecca you are so wonderful and thank you. I will check out the free site so much to do.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-15, 06:00 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
I don't think it's available for purchase anymore. I believe it was a one time only. At least that's what my email noted. It's best to email Nina at

info@hamelindabellmethod.com

ETA. Or maybe the email just meant the 2 free videos for those who pre-ordered Class Series 5. Best to ask Nina.
I'm not sure... I thought the "not available anymore" was about the two bonus classes for the people that ordered early, but I might be wrong. Starbelly, is always a good idea to keep an eye of Hamelin's FB page and/or twitter - he publishes the presales and discounts there. And what Susie said, it's better to email Nina
Old 06-29-15, 06:03 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
Thank you Rebecca for all the info! i also tried the Cardio Tone 1 today and much to my surprise the whole retro floor cardio was actually fun,lol. i think I could really get hooked on his stuff. Cant wait to try some of your suggestions!!
Welcome to the dark side!! LOL!! Hamelin can really make low impact with higher intensity - zero impact and all the sweat. If you enjoyed cardiotone 1 then you might like his xpress low impact. It has fancier footwork, and the music is to die for

Speaking of advanced workouts, Hamelin posted a caption on instagram about the new Glutematics - it's a 74 min workout!! https://instagram.com/p/4fQjRmQr5N/?...indabellmethod

Tags
hamelin d'abell, thighmatics