Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-13, 09:13 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post

You know, Jackie, I was thinking more about this, and I was wondering if I'd actually like Season 9 for this reason. Although I enjoy the trademark stretches, sometimes I feel like Miranda gets a bit repetitive with them, so I might enjoy "not as many."
You might, Beth. I'm just missing all the great stretches...it's my back and hip therapy. Oh well. I have found a couple episodes that I like. I'm glad some are enjoying Season 9!

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 09:49 PM  
glowacki

I like Season 4 and see a lot of value in it. The only episodes I don't use very often are #20 Back Pain Relief and #21 Back Pain Prevention, because they move very very slowly, and I get antsy.
glowacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 12:31 PM  
donnamp

I'm starting back w/ exercise after being sick for 2 weeks and also after having on and off back/hip woes for a few months and I'm starting back w/ Season 4. I think Season 4 is a great place to start and learn Miranda's movements/cues, etc. It is less intense than Season 6 (which I have done from recorded PBS episodes) so it makes for a good place to start or re-start. I also like the Fully Body Stretch Volume 2 and 30 Min Express Workouts for re-starting/starting.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 03:55 PM  
raeven

I have season 8 and I have done the first 5 episodes so far. I was hoping I'd love it more...but perhaps it'll be more of an acquired liking over time. I've been dealing with a really bad kidney infection for a month now and think I am *finally* getting rid of it, so maybe I'm just being a bit cranky. She's a very talkative and quirky lady. I was hoping this would be something my hubby and me could do together, but I don't think that's going to happen. He left half way through the first episode, not entirely impressed.

I wanted CS thinking it would be good for us to keep good and stretched and limber as we age...only in our 30's for now..but never too early to plan right! I've tested a couple of Lee Holden videos on youtube and have really dug them. Maybe those are a good complement, or even a good substitute rather than CS?
Any opinions or thoughts on his stuff? Or maybe season 8 will get a lil better?! I will chug on through them all however and hope I start to like it more!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 04:12 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I love 7 Minutes of Magic! Best Lee Holden out there!! Especially the PM Extended practice.

raeven I wouldn't be to quick to get rid of CS. Try some more. I think there is a learning curve with this program.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 04:36 PM  
raeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I love 7 Minutes of Magic! Best Lee Holden out there!! Especially the PM Extended practice.

raeven I wouldn't be to quick to get rid of CS. Try some more. I think there is a learning curve with this program.

Jackie
Yes, I love the 7 minutes of magic part of that he has on youtube. I've done that several times now! Also I did the Qi Gong Flow for Beginners that is on youtube and enjoyed it as well. I just find them so relaxing and soothing. That is what I was looking for in CS, but I'm finding it kind of...well not that hah! I'm not going to get rid of it though, at least not yet!! I'll at least do all 30 episodes and then decide...and really hoping it grows on me better like you say!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 07:20 PM  
Irish Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post

Jackie

I agree there's a definite learning curve. The first few times I tried CS/Essentrics I wasn't sure if I liked it. But the more I do it, the more I seem to get out of it and the more I seem to appreciate it. Also, all episodes are not created equal--some of them I like, some I love and some I dislike. So don't give up on it too soon
Irish Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 07:29 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I agree there's a definite learning curve. The first few times I tried CS/Essentrics I wasn't sure if I liked it. But the more I do it, the more I seem to get out of it and the more I seem to appreciate it. Also, all episodes are not created equal--some of them I like, some I love and some I dislike. So don't give up on it too soon
I don't know. I started from "scratch" (nothing!) with Season 8 Episode 1, and it was love from first sight. No, it was love, love, love from first workout. So, it depends on the person. My point of view.
Old 04-17-13, 08:06 AM  
Rhonda

raeven - if you don't like it don't worry. I have tried CS 3 times and didn't like it and traded it all away, now my 4th time was a charm. Not sure what clicked but I am enjoying them now. I have CS seasons 4, 6, 8 and all of Sahra's essentrics. I was lucky and got them all in trades.

I am enjoying season 6 now, did all of disc 1 from season 8 and enjoyed those.

give it a chance and don't feel bad if you don't click with her. Miranda at first was hard for me but I enjoy her now.

I don't even know why I kept coming back to CS but I did.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 08:59 AM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I agree there's a definite learning curve.
And for some people there's a liking curve. I had the originals (vol 1 and 2, athletic stretch or whatever it was called) some years ago, tried them, and was pretty much "meh". I could tell they were good and potentially effective, but I didn't really like them. It wasn't till I revisited them a few years later that they started to feel fun - I think it was the CS for Men where things really clicked - or at least, my body was in a place where it could really feel the benefits.

So it might click some workout...or week...or year...or never. On the plus side, they seem very easy to trade if it's "never".

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, classical stretch season4, classical stretch seasons