Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-24, 08:38 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Jenny Ford UK Walking series has been released

For anyone who subscribes to Jenny Ford, her UK walking and step series is now up on her app. Can’t wait to start trying them tomorrow. She mentions a promo code “GEMMA”, but I am not sure what the discount is.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 10:17 AM  
Rhonda

looks to be 30% off with GEMMA. so total is $55.96.

I would try it but I don't think I would use it all that much. I have so many walking workouts now that I don't use.

I like Jenny though.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 10:33 AM  
Gams

Will these be released on DVD?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 06:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just tried the walking workout in Temby, Wales with seaport as backdrop. Nice setting, though walk was a bit monotonous. She does a couple higher impact moves, which I kept to lower impact. Lots of people walking behind her in the background, which is also more interesting. Jenny was great, vivacious, bubbly and cheerful! I expect to prefer the step workouts, but knee was bothering me a bit today.

No, I think Jenny said that these would not be released to DVD. That was my only reason for trying her streaming sight, but I did get a Birthday discount last year.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-24, 07:49 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I did the Cardiff, Wales step workout today. It was a nice, short workout (33 minutes), which is what I was in the mood for today. In general, Jenny’s choreography is towards the more basic end of what I prefer, and there was nothing too tricky in this one, but there was enough variation in the 3 combos to keep it moving along. The workout ends after the third combo is taught, and there is no taking-it-from-the-top, which was fine with me.

The workout is filmed in a fairly busy pedestrian area, and I give huge kudos to Jenny for keeping her concentration. I enjoyed watching the variety of people passing by in the background - young, old and in-between; alone, in couples, and in families; bicycles, wheelchairs, and canes; I think I even saw a few people in what appeared to be graduation gowns.

I do not believe these will be released on DVD - I have not seen any mention of that on any of Jenny’s communications.

Old 01-12-24, 04:07 PM  
Mickey12

I really wish she had more complex choreography. I have her walk and step across America dvds and they get really monotonous because they are so similar to each other. I was very interested in the new series filmed in UK but I saw she mentioned they were similar in intensity to the other sets.
Old 01-12-24, 08:28 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I did the Caerphilly step workout today, which ran about 34 minutes. This one was filmed on a rainy day with Caerphilly castle in the distant background. Three different combos than the Cardiff workout, and again there was no taking-it-from the top to put all three combos together. She introduced the Elvis step in the first combo (I would have preferred she just threw the move in rather than giving a breakdown), and a side-lunge into a straddle in the second combo. The third combo was intenser than I anticipated - no real choreography, just a series of seven side-leg repeaters with some running basics in between. Again, the routine was a bit more basic than I usually like, but I could see myself doing this one on days I want shorter, straightforward workout with a bit a intensity (she has a few other places to up the intensity, such as the “fast-feet” shuffle move and jump shots side to side).

Old 01-31-24, 09:04 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I thought I would give a brief recap now that I have finished the 12 step workouts in this UK series. Overall, I very happy with these workouts. The lengths ranged from 30 to 41 minutes. All workouts had three combos, with the exception of the 30 minute one, which had two combos. At no point during any workout was there any taking it from the top - Jenny taught each combo separately then went into the cooldown. While the choreography was a bit less dancy then I normally prefer, there was enough variety throughout the 12 workouts to keep things interesting, and the lack of endless repetitions at the end was a big plus. Jenny did teach some moves that I would definitely classify as intermediate and not for beginners.

Jenny was consistently offering opportunities to increase the intensity throughout the series, such as running the basic steps, adding jump shots and hopping across the top (while at the same time encouraging us to honour our bodies and choose the options that felt best for us). The two shortest workouts were particularly intense - at one point we were doing a series of continuous 7-knee repeaters from end to end.

The scenery was great. Each one was set in a different location across the UK, and there was always a small bit of information on each spot. In some places, the main attraction was in the more distant background (I assume there are regulations about just plopping exercise equipment in the middle of Stonehenge or Big Ben and filming a video) but the variety of settings and weather added to the appeal for me. My main drawback for this series was that I found the warmups to be very repetitive and boring, but they only lasted a few minutes.

Overall, I can see myself revisiting these workouts, and I am pretty sure I will be renewing once my subscription is up.

Old 02-01-24, 04:11 PM  
Mickey12

Paula, I am so glad you enjoyed the workouts. We visited Ireland this year and that experience had me intrigued for these. But alas, I prefer DVDs and as posted up thread, I wish her choreography was a bit more intense.

Tags
jenny ford, outdoor settings