Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-24, 12:10 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I have been trouble getting on the forum!

I will keep this brief because I need to get working. Chele, thanks for the suggestion of Cardio Leg Blast. I did see your post last night and it was fun to do this morning and something I haven't done in a very long time. Perfect!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 01-31-24, 12:32 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Darn, missed the post about Vintage Wed. Maybe I'll just do Cardio Leg Blast tomorrow?

Favorite Cathe?? Hard choice but I think I'll have to go with the first STS set. Exactly the types of workouts I like. Definitely better than STS2.
Cathe cardio? Hmmmm. I'd have to think about that one.

Yesterday was a wicked tough workout. Epic 3 Day 28 Diamond Chest, Triceps, Abs. Ow. CG uses 38 and 20. I used 30s and 20s. I tried to go heavier on the chest work but wasn't happening. The 20s for triceps was FAB!!! Good unweighted core work too.
FYI - all the exercises were done on the floor. Somehow I did NOT feel relaxed. LOL

Today I did Chris' sort of new 40 Min Fat Burning Cardio Mix to the Beat. That was FUN!! A mix of tabata, kickboxing, hi/low. Fun tunes as usual, nothing overly high impact and great modifications.

Had a checkup appointment with the Dr yesterday. Just routine. My doctor said "not a thing wrong with you!". Good to hear. Although my cholesterol is too high. I have not been eating very well so another reason to clean up my diet.

Anyone here on statins? I'm not on any prescription meds so not sure what to expect.

Back later!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-24, 04:21 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Hey hello,

It’s been difficult to get in! Yesterday I did a bit of yoga:

Dia-Yoga - Hyvinvoivana Uuteen Päivään (Healthy into the new day). It was a nice stretchy practice but she was talking a lot. Reminded me Adrienne a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzOwKkMLg20&t

Beth’s Joint Mobility Office Yoga (#13). It felt great after a long WFH day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vhTjqc2eM

No exercises today, but I had a long walk in the city and science museum. They had a new exhibition there - "Living Looonger. About growing old, staying young and being mortal".

It was an interesting one and reminded me Netflix's Live to 100 documentary. It showed the importance of pretty much the same things - finding activities after retirement, being social, keeping moving and eating healthy.

The mortality part was quite creepy - they had an open coffin where you could lie down, while your companion would give an imaginary memorial speech. Thanks, but nope

Chele, I agree with Kittybug it's so funny your husband and your daughter's boyfriend's dad watched the same movie!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-31-24, 04:59 PM  
ChelePA

PL… wow! I agree, no need to practice that one! Loved the Netflix documentary. A few of us watched it.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-24, 09:16 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh my goodness, this forum today!!

Today was PBOD Fusion Strength in 30 HIIT Fusion Total Body which was an absolute heart-pumping sweat fest followed by Ballet Beautiful Prima Series, another of my new hour-long BaBe DVDs, which finished handing me my booty and everything else. Holy moly!!! Happy to say I did some of the jumping in PBOD but kept things smallish...knee was handling it well, but I don't want to push things too far.

Um, LL, I'm with you and Chele, nope, not gonna do the coffin bit, nope, just NO!! Oh, yes, I too enjoyed that series on Netflix and we never discussed it here, did we?

Chele, I think Cathe's Intensity Series is ~still~ my hands-down favorite after all these years, including The Terminator compilation workouts. I just love them so much! But I also LOVE the Low Impact Series. And Step Blast for step!

All right, gonna post before I get an error...sheesh!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 05:49 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug... I only have a few from the Intensity Series but I also really like The Terminator.

Happy February!

I started a new rotation from Cathe's Boss Bands & Loops Series. I rarely used these workouts post-accident, but I remember liking them overall. Today was Total Body. Definitely a nice intermediate workout with room to grow depending on which band you choose for each exercise. I think I can go more intense for a few, but I definitely need to drop down on the double banded bicep curls. My form was suffering towards the end. I really like that many of the moves also help with mobility. Plus, the warm-up on this one would be great for any routine. I added on Chris' newest basic step: 132 bpms, 90s-2000s music, 43 minutes. Great way to get my steps in for the day.

The site has been trouble the last few days. I'm assuming you are all having the same difficulties. Ugh!!!
Old 02-01-24, 06:52 PM  
horusosiris

VF.com is giving me loads of trouble for the past few days.

I found the Netflix series interesting but a bit morbid in parts.

Today I did PBOD Barre Circuit and Move. I liked it.

Kate -
I see you are enjoying Epic. What do you like most about this series?

Chel- I too like the Boss Bands and Loop sereis. It is another sereies that is perfect for me right how. If you let me know what workout you are doing in the series, I will try to do them at the same time as you!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 09:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Today was TA Mat Arms plus PBOD Barre Blitz Low Impact. I was/am so sore from MHB I thought something low-impact sounded like maybe it'd be kind to my poor legs...dunno what I was thinking, because it wasn't. I think I audibly groaned when she brought the firewalker out. I definitely groaned at what she did with it at the barre.

Oh, geez, Boss Bands and Loops, I should try to revisit those. I literally think I did those once and never did them again.

Oh, I wanted to ask those of you who have done Gloved Up and Sweaty...is there a lot of jumping in the main workout? Curious...I might be ready to attempt it if not. Although I do have a tendency to push too early when coming back from injuries. You'd think I'd have learned by now! Maybe I'll wait a bit more. Still curious though!

Waves all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-24, 10:38 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug…Gloved Up & Sweaty is mostly low impact. No real jumping. A few moves with some oomph but nothing crazy. Wear your weighted gloves to increase intensity. Looking forward to your review!
Old 02-02-24, 10:58 AM  
ChelePA

Kate...not surprised you picked the hardest Cathe strength series

Horusosiris...Boss Band & Loops is definitely a nice way to work your way back into more difficult routines. I'm doing the travel rotation. I'll be subbing in some Peloton classes too or adding them on and using shorter premixes.

Started the morning with a Peloton 20-minute core class.

I was just talking about Rockout Knockout and it was on the calendar today. Yay! The first 2 sections are my favorite. They have a fun factor and fly by for me. I love the sound alike music too...haha. I don't always do the kickbox combos section but today I did. I was surprised my heart rate stay elevated for some portions. I may do the heavy bag tomorrow as an add-on to my workout for the day.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday! Going for a manicure with my daughter then her boyfriend will be joining us for dinner out...probably a local pizza place.

Any weekend plans?

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in