Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-06, 07:22 AM  
jbear

Am I obsessed with fitness? :)

I dreamt that I finally had an opportunity to try out a Bowflex. The lady at the fitness store seemed leery of me trying it out though and asked me why I wanted to. In the end, I didn't really get to try it out for whatever reason! At this Fitness Store, they also had one of those Bio Force TNT machines. It was HUGE. I sort of got to try that, but not real well. The price was ridiculous though - $30,000 and it would have never fit in our house - maybe in anyone's!!!!

Any of you dream about fitness products?! I must be obsessed.
jbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 07:39 AM  
ErinF
Exchange Moderator

Not necessarily fitness products, but fitness themes, definitely! The other night I dreamed I was leading a step class. I've dreamed weird dreams about attending fitness conferences and trying to find other VFers. I dreamed once about going on a Cathe trip ( wshich I've done, but this was 2 years after the fact ).

Obsessed? NAH! Or if so, only in the healthiest of definitions!

DISCLAIMER: I appeared as a background exerciser in a Patrick Goudeau step video. Impartiality in regard to his workouts, or any those of any other instructor with complex choreography, is NOT guaranteed!
ErinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 07:44 AM  
annetteb

It is not so much as an obsession than a hobby in a sense. I also dream of the day, when I can have my space to workout,complete with a home gym. But until then, all I can do is dream, dream,dream....
Old 08-11-06, 08:24 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

jbear, still looking huh? Have you seen the new bowflex? I was thinking about you when I saw the commercial the other night. It doesn't have the big stupid long "things" coming out of it anymore, it works with these "plates" and a wheel for tension. I wondered if you had tried it in comparison to the old version?

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 08:26 AM  
jbear

Awww...

Yeah, I guess I am still looking - especially if I'm dreaming about it! Is that the Bowlfex revolution? I saw that and it looks strange to me. I am sort of considering a Parabody home gym but need to find somewhere in the area that will let me try it out first. I always wanted an elliptical for home but now am rethinking that - think it would be better to have weight training!! I'd do my Leslie tapes for cardio.

Thanks for thinking of me though - that was really sweet of you.
jbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 08:39 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Yup, that's it, the Revolution. Haven't seen one in person, just the ad, but it looked neater than all of those spagetti thingys sticking out of the old one, haha. However as I said, I have heard good things. You are wise to wait and bide your time until you are SURE what you want. So many dollars have been spent on exercise equipment that does not get used! Good luck with your search!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 09:04 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetteb
It is not so much as an obsession than a hobby in a sense. I also dream of the day, when I can have my space to workout,complete with a home gym. But until then, all I can do is dream, dream,dream....
It is a hobby, a very healthy, good hobby, I am thinking. However, my husband says I am obsessed. But, he is not complaining, he gives a lot of compliments !! I would rather have this as an obsession than other things like drinking too much, or shopping too much, etc. There are definitely worse habits to have!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 11:45 AM  
annetteb

This is also a very expensive hobby compared to others.... I go into stores,now I look for shoes and workout clothes...,
Old 08-11-06, 12:36 PM  
Calistro

!! I would rather have this as an obsession than other things like drinking too much, or shopping too much, etc. There are definitely worse habits to have!

Sherry [/QUOTE]

this is shopping too much!

Calistro
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-06, 02:27 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro
!! I would rather have this as an obsession than other things like drinking too much, or shopping too much, etc. There are definitely worse habits to have!

Sherry
this is shopping too much!

Calistro [/QUOTE]OK... You are right. It can be too much shopping!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dreams - weird