Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-06, 03:44 PM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

Cathe's not offering anything...

I emailed SNM when I realized that although I'd preordered the DVDs last year on the first or second day, by April/May of 2006 I'd arranged to move overseas and the shipping I prepaid was only for within the US. I asked SNM if they'd be wiling to cover the costs of shipping to the UK, considering that I ordered in good faith from the US (I had no idea at the time that I might leave the country) and I never thought the preorder would be so "pre", so to speak. The response I got was a definite 'NO' -- they would have to charge me extra to ship outside the US. Not very thoughtful customer service, especially since I've been a loyal customer for more than a decade and I've participated in every single preorder.

So no, they're not giving anything to loyal customers, and really not making even the smallest gesture to thank us for our patience. I've yet to cancel my preorder for this series, mainly because I'm stubborn, but I'm beginning to think seriously about doing so.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 03:45 PM  
DRD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w

I can see the Cathe rumor mill now...someone's going to mention in a future post that Cathe injured her leg when she sneezed!

DRD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 03:58 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Maybe Cathe will have a huge Road Trip (to glamorous Glassboro) for all who did not cancel their pre-orders. In order to thank them personally!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 04:13 PM  
DRD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes
I emailed SNM when I realized that although I'd preordered the DVDs last year on the first or second day, by April/May of 2006 I'd arranged to move overseas and the shipping I prepaid was only for within the US. I asked SNM if they'd be wiling to cover the costs of shipping to the UK, considering that I ordered in good faith from the US (I had no idea at the time that I might leave the country) and I never thought the preorder would be so "pre", so to speak. The response I got was a definite 'NO' -- they would have to charge me extra to ship outside the US. Not very thoughtful customer service, especially since I've been a loyal customer for more than a decade and I've participated in every single preorder.

So no, they're not giving anything to loyal customers, and really not making even the smallest gesture to thank us for our patience. I've yet to cancel my preorder for this series, mainly because I'm stubborn, but I'm beginning to think seriously about doing so.

Lurdes
That is too bad. I do find this upsetting and am sorry they are not being a bit lenient in this respect.
DRD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 04:14 PM  
kristieschultz

I cancelled and am enjoying many other workouts at this point. I think that when she finally gets down to filming and the presale is about to end I may order at least one of them, one that I know I will use. I love love love her ab workouts and certainly cannot go without those.

I don't mean to sound negative or pessimistic but I really don't think she is going to offer anything to anyone for holding out with the preorder. I hope she proves me wrong but I certainly wouldn't count on anything. Since so many people have cancelled their preorders I'm sure they lost quite a bit of money so they want to recoup that. I don't see them giving anything away unless of course it is a coupon or something to use only if you purchase something from them that is more expensive. I hope I am wrong but I just cannot see it.

I know everyones body is different and people can recover and continue to take a pounding. I guess I just do not see the logic or reason for producing and leading a DRILL MAX workout after just recovering from knee surgery. It seems a little nutty to me. Oh well, I'm sure it will be one great series of workouts, and I hope that everyone loves them.
kristieschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 05:46 PM  
yellowjack

pre-order

it's funny, I pre-ordered the dvds before I was pregnant. I wonder how old my daughter will be when I receive the order...she is due next month.

not trying to put anyone down, I am still looking forward to getting the workouts. I just think about how drastically my life has changed in the amount of time since the pre-order.

-joanne
yellowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 06:22 PM  
Erica H.

Lurdes - I think that's ridiculous that SNM won't cover the extra shipping for you.

I am also hoping for something extra for the long wait. Cathe said that she was working on something back in February http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...ng_type=search, but it was never mentioned again.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 05:50 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

Thanks DRD0, Erica, for sympathizing. I was quite disappointed with SNM's reply. It's really sort of odd - you'd think they'd make the gesture to keep their devoted and patient customers happy. Instead, it appears they intend to rely on our loyalty and our faith that the product will ultimately be worth the long wait (and, in my case, the extra cost)!

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-06, 06:36 AM  
rockette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes

Lurdes

That stinks!
Old 06-12-06, 07:37 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Lurdes that is unbelievable and wrong.

Sorry to say I'm not very surprised at the response. Remember this is the same company that suggested our DVD players had issues rather then admit their DVDs were functioning poorly.

Maybe SNM will rethink their position for you as they should send them to you with no additional charge IMO.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe injury, cathe preorder, cathe presale, presale drama, sash series