Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-06, 03:27 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Count me greedy, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S.
I guess I'm greedy...I was thinking along the lines of a bonus workout DVD for those of us who have waited it out all this time. Kind of a long shot, though!
I am "guilty" of hoping the same thing. I also wanted a bonus workout because I, too, was looking forward to another CTX series (my first preorder from Cathe, & my favorite series from her), plus, I'd like another "fun" oriented step workout, I don't like the IMax type of stuff as much. I looked at my little notebook, & my order was submitted 9/21/05. I guess I can call this a "prehistoric-sale."

As for me, I have no doubt Cathe will either make dvd workouts with my money or refund it, but I just hope it's not a tuck jump frenzy, & I really want to hear the music. I will make a decision about more preorders from her based on how much I like these workouts, & how much advance information she gives to us about the workouts.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 05:26 PM  
kristieschultz

I preerdered when they were first announced, and I cancelled around the big arguement time about her lack of updates.

I'm sorry she is hurt and hope she recovers soon. But, honestly, for me, this has actually been a very good thing. I was so in love with her workouts that I wasn't allowing myself to try anything else. I've tried others and not liked them, this is true. BUT, I've been doing alot of turbo kick. I bought Amy Bento's step. I'm doing Jari. I just got SS Tone it up. I just ordered two new yoga tapes. I bought Mindy new ab workout. This is fantastic. I am cross training and trying new things. It is so much more fun than just doing the same persons squats and lunges and step tapes all the time.

No doubt that Cathe's dvd quality and chaptering etc is the best I've seen so far. BUT others are coming in quick to catch up with her and there are some fantastic workouts available.

I'm so glad I didn't keep that preorder and keep waiting for updates and thinking about it. I'm sooooooo on to other things and GLAD about it. I used that 60 bucks to try new things and I'm glad about it. I wasn't even that excited about her upcoming ones, they sound almost the same as all the other stuff she already has out. I was just so excited to get NEW workouts from her. I'm not even sure why.
kristieschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 07:25 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieschultz
No doubt that Cathe's dvd quality and chaptering etc is the best I've seen so far.
But the quality of the chaptering went down a few notches with the Hardcore series, where the badly-placed chapter points also affected the premixes, some of which (like those on Back/shoulders/biceps) were impossible to do 'as-is.'

I think this delay has allowed some other instructors to catch up to SNM in terms of DVD production.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 08:46 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

If Cathe got 1000 pre-orders at $60 each, that's $60,000 for a year, which at 5% interest comes to $3,000 in interest that she has earned. Put another way, each buyer loses $3 for the year.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-06, 08:56 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

$3 isn't going to hurt me -- I figure it's a 'tip' to her for making myself a much better person (healthy, happy, confident). I'm confident that she'll make the workouts (health permitted) or refund our money.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 06:24 AM  
copwife614

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw
$3 isn't going to hurt me -- I figure it's a 'tip' to her for making myself a much better person (healthy, happy, confident). I'm confident that she'll make the workouts (health permitted) or refund our money.
I agree, and will wait patiently till they are done

Michelle
copwife614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 07:40 AM  
pipsqueak3211

Every day I am more and more glad that I did not pre-order this time time around. No doubt Cathe's workouts are excellent but, as others have mentioned, other instructors are catching up. IMO, if Cathe doesn't stop assuming her fans will always be there regardless of her actions and the way she runs her business, she'll find herself losing ground. Elisabeth
pipsqueak3211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 08:18 AM  
MichelleRN

Cathe's joining the ranks of women 40 and older soon...like many of us, veterans of hard impact fitness, she has a heart that'll keep her ticking until 190 years old, but joints that have already bit the dust from wear and tear..it happens SOOO rapidly as we hit 40, I just hope she goes with the flow and comes up with more innovative workouts - less pounding on the joints while still keeping intensity...bosu instead of step, rebounder with athletic moves, tons of opportunity to protect her bones and joints and protect the "youngen's" too!
MichelleRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 08:56 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleRN
Cathe's joining the ranks of women 40 and older soon...like many of us, veterans of hard impact fitness, she has a heart that'll keep her ticking until 190 years old, but joints that have already bit the dust from wear and tear..it happens SOOO rapidly as we hit 40, I just hope she goes with the flow and comes up with more innovative workouts - less pounding on the joints while still keeping intensity...bosu instead of step, rebounder with athletic moves, tons of opportunity to protect her bones and joints and protect the "youngen's" too!
Cathe's already 40, isn't she?

I hope she was listening and taking to heart what her doctor was saying on the Today show. Perhaps she could start training some younger protegees to do the really joint-bashing stuff.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 09:35 AM  
jordan

I think that she has been a very good example for her customer base by putting her health first. She has also been very upfront about her decision and has never insisted that anyone keep their pre-order. You can't rush the healing process without suffering consequences. I feel confident that when everything is in order, Cathe will film the pre-ordered workouts. I certainly understand why she can't give a film date until she is closer to 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe
If Cathe got 1000 pre-orders at $60 each, that's $60,000 for a year, which at 5% interest comes to $3,000 in interest that she has earned. Put another way, each buyer loses $3 for the year.
You can't earn if you don't save
I am glad that I kept my pre-order because I saved almost $50.00. Even under your logic, I did better financially by keeping my order. I would never have used any money from my savings or investment accounts to buy videos. The money that I used would have been spent on something and never earned any income, so the three dollars [lost]would not have applied to me. I have also read many posts from people who spent their refunds on other videos, so they would not have earned interest on their money either. Also, some customers pre-ordered from CK sales and have not spent any money to earn interest.

Keeping my order was my choice and the only thing that I expect is the merchandise. I do not expect to take advantage of someone else’s misfortune. However, if Cathe decides to include a little thank you for her customer's patience, while she was recovering from surgery, than that would be appreciated.

jordan

ETA changed Collage to CK sales
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe injury, cathe preorder, cathe presale, presale drama, sash series