Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-05, 10:56 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Share your strange fitness dreams here!

Or am I the only one who has them? LOL!

The other day, I dreamt that I was in some kind of CD/DVD store, and they had just gotten in their "most recent shipment" of DVD's from Canada. I was browsing through a display of DVD's, finding some French language stuff, when I came across some fitness DVD's. Amongst them was a DVD with Clint Eastwood! There was a photo of him on the cover with 3-4 women, dressed iin leotards (he was in a 1930's men's bathingsuit type leotard, and looked about in his 40's). They were showing a kickboxing move (side kick with punches, holding light dumbells). I was going to buy it, but thought of how much I had left on my credit card.

I know the Canada and credit card stuff comes from my recent trip to Québec, but what in the world was Clint Eastwood doing in there?

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 11:26 AM  
acey

Hi kathryn! I've had a few weird fitness-related dreams that I posted about in another thread a couple of months ago.

One involved following Cathe to a secluded cove on the beach, where we spread out towels and she started instructing me in doing crunches on the lumpy sand. Spread around us were big tomes of manuals she'd authored on fitness.

Another involved watching Kari emerge down a steep mountain trail to begin filming a workout against the backdrop of the cliff. Pretty, though surreal!

My favorite is the one where I'm working out with Denise Austin in a grocery store. I actually advise her to cut back on saying "burn that butter!" while we're kickboxing in front of a check-out stand.

OH, yes, and there's the one with Patrick Goudeau alternating between tips on form and tips on fashion.

I've had some rather PAINFUL dreams relating to P90x, Slim Series and squats...and there's the one where I dream I finally get a video I ordered off Ya-Yas and the VHS tape begins melting in my hands. Not fun!

acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 12:28 PM  
Cxg

I have only had one fitness dream. It involved Gilad. I think the mods would ban me from the boards if I gave the details.....

Cynthia in Boston:
Cxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 01:17 PM  
lorajc

Kathryn -

It's so funny that you posted this, as I usually don't have "fitness" dreams but I'm PMSing and I have difficulty sleeping during this time and Saturday night I had the most bizzare dream with Tony Horton in it ....of all people. Now granted, I like him but he does tend to get on my nerves after the 2nd month of a rotation! I just can't believe he was in my dream and I'm not even telling what the dream was!! I guess I really am obssessed with exercise.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 01:42 PM  
Carol_is_fit

Well heck ... am I the ONLY one who's never had a fitness dream??? Phooey ... unless of course you count S-E-X as "fitness" ... LOL!!

Carol
Old 07-25-05, 01:44 PM  
Celes

Ummm...I had a very strange dream involving Sean the Cardio Coach and Cathe...which I won't discuss here. It was just too strange!!! Let's just say I (who was in the dream) was embarassed in the dream too and had to run away!
Old 07-25-05, 02:22 PM  
ooty

Celes

Spill it, spill it, spill it...

Ooty
Old 07-25-05, 04:44 PM  
lisald

I don't remember any specific fitness dreams (although I have had some really good ones involving certain male celebrities...but back to the point), but just last week I had one where I was at some kind of small community thing, and there was a display for VF there, with quotes specifically from Kathryn and Alta (I think I had just read the thread about Alta "watching" Kathryn, earlier that day). I was so proud of myself because I felt like I was "in" on something.

Sorry, I know that's not as interesting as some of the others...

Lisa
lisald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 05:08 PM  
Fanny

I recently dreamed I was taking a class at V with Susan. We were all sitting cross legged on the floor and Susan was reveiwing the Ten Commandments with us! She was in front of a machine that lit up everytime she reviewed one. I woke up just when she was getting ready to go into detail on one.

Fanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 05:22 PM  
Celes

LOL Ooty!

Let's just say CC Sean had a thing for Cathe - LOL! And he was getting impatient with me when I was trying to have a conversation with Cathe...he wanted me to leave! And that is all I am going to say.

Tags
dreams - weird