Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-04, 10:49 PM  
meggie
VF Supporter

Jo -- I definitely hear you on your quandary. I'm an MD so I'm up & down for 12 hours at a time; on days I can't wear one of my numerous pairs of clogs I'm desperate for a comfy "dress shoe."

Ones I've found with nice dress shoes (heels and flats) (all rather pricey, around $100 a pair, but very sturdy and very worth the money IMHO):
- Beautifeel
- Munro
- Mephisto
- some Cole Haans (more expensive, though)
- Clarks
- occasionally, Naots has nice-looking shoes

I don't know where you live, but in addition to zapposhoes.com you might want to check out

www.harrys-shoes.com

... it's an *amazing* NYC shoe store which saved my knees during med school; they ship anywhere and have a great selection.

GL!

Meg
Old 07-14-05, 02:28 PM  
Lucysql
VF Supporter

FYI, Born just introduced pumps w/ kitten heels!

I haven't tried them, just got an e-mail announcement.

Another interesting possibility...
Lucysql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 03:27 PM  
Daphne M

Another vote for Aerosoles

They somehow manage to pull off stylish and supportive well. I suggest you stop by one of their stores and try them on though, Jo. I have found I wear anywhere from an 8 to a 9 in their shoes, and depending on the style, the heel can sometimes be too big.

About half my shoe wardrobe is Aerosoles. The other half? Mizuno, Pearl Izumi, Adidas, New Balance ...
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-05, 05:03 PM  
Lucy K
VF Supporter

Other brands with surprisingly comfortable heels, but with an unfortunately higher price tag, include Donald Pliner, Paul Green, and Stuart Weitzman. I find them as comfortable as Aerosoles, which I don't think hold up as well. I definitely feel like Easy Spirit quality has declined quite a bit.

I've never tried any Taryn Rose shoes and they're definitely more expensive than the ones I mentioned above, but I have a few friends that swear by them.

Lucy
Lucy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-05, 07:19 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-05, 10:31 AM  
Cathi
VF Supporter

Stonefly!!

I was out of town this week on business and made a mad dash to a shoe store known for attractive comfortable shoes. I've never purchased a pair of shoes so fast (less than 10 minutes). I purchased a pair of Stonefly Queen 5. They are comfortable (for heels). I usually wear Dansko but sometimes need to wear something "dressier." These fit the bill. To view them go to this site and scroll down the page--second to the bottom:

http://wisefeet.com/stonesandals.html
Old 07-25-05, 04:36 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i work in downtown everyday and heels are pretty much my mainstay.

i got something really cute from Bass outlet - some pumps. it's a discontinued style, but it had a cute tassel on it, kind of reminded you of men's wingtips but with a definite feminine look. i get lots of compliments on it. 2" heel, but very comfortable.

i have also ordered from JCPenney catalog, specifically, the worthington line. chic, quality, and comfortable. and various heel lengths, too.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy spirit shoes, high heels