Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-23, 12:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I have several copies of Yoga Zone's "Yoga for Conditioning and Stress Release". it's Sun Salute-free in case anyone wants a routine like that. I'm OK with Sun Salutes.

Alan has such a calming demeanor. I even own his meditation CDs that i found in Ross's back in the day (remember that?). i own practically everything Alan has done except the pregnancy one which i would be willing to add to my collection.

i also found a ton of YZ DVDs at a library sale a few years ago. I think i have a near-complete YZ collection.

"Yoga for a Strong and Healthy Back" with Douglas and Jean is kept under my bed in a small Sterilite bin for a few yoga and meditation DVDs that are in the "go-to" category.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 12:51 PM  
PhyllisG

Only dvds. No utube for me. Have lots.of yoga dvds but love Namaste Yoga the most
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 12:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
I always use DVDs for yoga. I am very picky about the type of yoga that I like so I stick to a very small group of workouts. I don't want to spend a lot of time searching through videos on Youtube.
I am not a fan of Youtube in general, I just find it cannot match the quality of most DVDs. And I love the fact that I own the workout and get familiar with the moves over time. I do use use Youtube from time to time - the other day I only had a few minutes so I picked an upper body workout from Growingananas (sp?). I did not like it - there was no talking so that's the first strike, and I just found it way too hard on my shoulders right off the bat.
I don't like the ones without talking either. I don't need unnecessary chatter but I want to be instructed!

I still love my DVDs but FOMO has me using YT more than I really want. For yoga I really love Adriene and also Kassandra, Lesley Fightmaster, Bird and now David O.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 01:19 PM  
fatkat555

I’m old school. Nothing worse than pixelating streaming.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 01:21 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I love my Yoga Zone DVDs (have almost all of them). But lately I've been doing almost exclusively Yoga with Adriene on her app.
Old 01-19-23, 01:28 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sherry, I love Yin Yoga and I still use DVDs for that. My favorites are:
Deep Stretch/ Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire
The Yin practice on: Flow and Yin: A Balanced Yoga Practice with Donna Helm-Yost
Kim Eng's Presence Through Movement: Yin Yoga
YIN & YANG YOGA WITH SIMON LOW

I also like:
Rodney Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief
Yoga in the Garden of Serenity
Erich Schiffmann's Beginning Yoga Backyard Series
Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners: A Complete Program with 9 Practices. 2 dvd set.
Jane Adams Gentle Yoga: 7 Beginning Yoga Practices for Mid-life
Rodney's Ultimate Power Yoga
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 01:37 PM  
kat999

I almost always use DVDs for yoga, very rarely YT, because I have a very old Roku in my workout room and it's the farthest room in the house from the wifi router, so the loading is terrible. I don't have as many yoga DVDs as I do other fitness modalities, though.
Old 01-19-23, 01:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yoga Zone was my first set of yoga DVDs. I’m going to look for them on YouTube, very nostalgic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
I love my Yoga Zone DVDs (have almost all of them). But lately I've been doing almost exclusively Yoga with Adriene on her app.
I love Adriene! I bought a couple of her YouTube challenges & they are downloadable.

Definitely not old school here as I don’t have a dvd player with my tv any more. I have to use a portable dvd player with my laptop which is a hassle. I use YouTube a lot and I have some yoga downloads. I also go to a live class three or four times a month. I frequently do my own thing though, generally gentle or yin. I used to teach yoga and I’ve been doing it for so long that my body usually knows what it needs.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 02:22 PM  
sherry7899

Jeanine I love the Alan Finger meditation cd. . I think I bought it at Borders. I will use it soon. Scott Cole also has a lovely CD that combines yoga and meditation.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 02:24 PM  
sherry7899

Pam, I had posted asking if anyone had yin or restorative practices they found online (just a list of asanas). I do not like using books because they don't lie flat. Do you have any suggestions for sources? Thank you.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
yoga, yoga zone