Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-22-23, 06:31 PM  
wendug

I'm happy to say that after a month of a plateau the scale finally moved down 2 pounds. Yay! I just realized that it has been a month since I bought my heavier dumbbells and have upped my weights while working out. Maybe that played in to my plateau.

Today I did Sydney's Upper Body Pull Workout from Summertime Fine 2.0- Day 61. I had done the Push workout on Sunday, so I wanted to be sure to fit in the corresponding Pull workout. I added on Daniel PT- 15 Min. HIIT. The 15 minutes FLEW by with this one. I will definitely try more of his HIIT workouts.

buffmama- So when you do your hanging, do you just hang from a pull up bar? I don't know much about hanging and the benefits, but I imagine it would help stretch out your arms and back.

Hi to Angela & Erica!
Old 03-23-23, 08:28 AM  
buffmama

Today was HIIT Series Day 4 DB HIIT - each exercise alternated with squat press, it really got everything in. But just to be sure I did MrandMrsMuscle FB High Intensity Home Workout no. 2. . Considering my pilates was a slider workout with planks and leg work, I'm definitely done.

Wendy - Yes, I just hang from a pull up bar. After watching a YouTube short showing the spinal decompression it was a no brainer. I used to hang and got away from it. I was motivated to do the pull ups by nourishmovelove's pull up progression short. I added a band to my bar to help me increase my volume.

Hope the sun is shining on everyone!
Old 03-23-23, 05:32 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Caroline's Iron Series Day 3- Glutes. Wow! My booty is burning! I definitely need to work on my hip thrusts as I'm weak in this area. I added on Michelle Briehler's Cardio Core- the first 20 minutes just to move my legs a bit after Caroline's workout. I then did some more leg and glute stretching.

buffmama- I've looked at a few of Caroline's db HIIT workouts but haven't done one yet. Squat presses definitely get the heartrate up! If I wanted to check out a pilates slider workout on YT, what would you recommend?
Old 03-24-23, 10:02 AM  
buffmama

Jasper's KB Quest Day 1 Full Body. I skipped the American swings and stayed with regular ones - did 1 round of around the world, and 1 round of alt clean + push press to break it up.

Wendy - I don't even do hip thrusts I stay with glute bridges. One day when I get strong...Do you want a glider worker or specifically a pilates one? I think of pilates as more whole body which would change my picks.

Erica - Thinking of you and hoping you are well.
Old 03-24-23, 05:22 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Daniel PT- Dynamic Dumbbell Full Body. Phew. I was really a sweaty mess after this. Buffmama- I remember you saying this was more upper body than lower, which is what I needed after yesterday's glute workout! I added on one of M. Briehler's PIYO warm ups just to slow down my heart rate and stretch a bit before adding on my final stretch.

As far as slider workouts go, I guess any slider workout would do since I don't do them often. TIA!

Angela & Erica- I hope you are both doing well.

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-25-23, 08:52 AM  
buffmama

Jasper Cyberpump Day 15 FB. After this one I didn't think I could execute more exercises well and did some Qigong. Lots of lower back work with sumos, Cossack squats and windmills.

Wendy - This is the glider workout I did. It's planks and legs, no mind body connection, no spinal articulation, more workout than pilates. She 'burns' you out. When I do more glider workouts I will post them.

Angela & Erica - Hope you're keepin' on keepin' on.
Old 03-25-23, 05:39 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- M. Briehler 45 Min. Standing Cardio Core Workout. Another great workout from Michelle!

buffmama- Thanks for the slider workout link. I recognize some of the moves from Tracie Long's Lift Higher. I forgot that I have a Mindy Mylrea slider workout, too, that uses both sliders and a med ball. I'll have to dig that out!
Old 03-26-23, 07:29 AM  
buffmama

Finished Hero!!! Day 16 conditioning - really needed different weights to get a good workout. Headed to the beach to walk. And I can hear the wind through my window. At least the sun is out.
Old 03-26-23, 05:21 PM  
wendug

buffmama- Oh a walk on the beach sounds lovely! Congrats on finishing Hero!

Today's workout- Tiff & Dan- 6 week shred 2- Day 18: 30 Min. Squat & Lunge DB Workout. This is a tough 30 minute workout! Although my legs can handle my 35 pound dumbbells, my grip wants to give out on me so I took a few longer breaks just so I could be able to hold my dbs. I have a feeling I'll have some doms tomorrow.
Old 03-27-23, 07:57 AM  
buffmama

Ended up walking about 5 miles on the beach yesterday. It was sunny but very windy. Today was Jasper's KB upper body - great and Caroline Girvan's Man Maker workout. I used 15lb DBs and it was tough for me. By the end I did alternate single arm presses.

Happy last week of March!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts