Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-29-22, 12:50 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

Going to see a new family doctor today. I'm not very optimistic since I have a terrible history with doctors and I have so many health issues but I need to establish myself as a patient with a new doctor since I just can't see my old one anymore - she was absolutely awful.

Erica
Sorry you are suffering from insomnia. Best of luck with the new doctor!
Old 09-30-22, 06:52 PM  
wendug

Yesterday I did some yardwork and walked a client's dogs in the pm and walked my dogs in the am.

Today I decided to do a Vera LaRo workout as it has been a while. I did 30 minute upper body no repeat workout. I wish I liked her workouts more than I do. She's okay; I like her lower body workouts better than her upper body workouts. This workout had the Zottman curl, which I had never seen before last week in one of Kayleigh Cohen's strength workouts. How have I not seen this move before?

Angela- I hope you enjoyed your day off!

Erica- I hope your appointment went well.
Old 09-30-22, 07:25 PM  
Erica H.

Angela - hope your dinner with your dad went well and that you had a nice day off. How is your dad doing?

Wendy - I subscribe to Vera but have never done any of her workouts. They just never appeal to me. Interesting that you don't click with her either.

I've had insomnia forever and hardly think about it anymore because I'm so used to it. The biggest problem is when we travel and share a hotel room and sometimes when my kids are home because there's nowhere for me to go in the middle of the night in those cases when I'm awake. Last time we traveled and were in a hotel, I became friendly with the morning breakfast woman and she joked that I should get a job there.

My appointment was absolutely awful. This doctor was probably tied for the second worst doctor I've ever seen and I've had a lot of bad doctors. Total waste of time and money. At least he did no harm unlike other doctors I've seen. He spent almost the whole time talking about his daughter and his ony medical advice was to keep cabinet doors closed (I got my concussion from hitting my head on an open cabinet door).

Today I did two workouts from Caroline's No Repeat Week: 20 MIN CHEST AND SHOULDERS WORKOUT and 15 MIN TRICEP WORKOUT plus I added an old workout from Sydney Cummings that I've never done before 10 Minute Back And Biceps At Home Workout. It was a good workout and went so quickly.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 06:52 PM  
wendug

Erica- I'm sorry your appointment didn't go well. Keep trying to find a doctor that will listen to you. He/She is out there; it is just a matter of finding him/her!

Today's workout- Body Kind Fitness- 10,000 steps in one hour. I almost quit this one after 10 minutes, but I stuck with it and ended up getting into a groove and finished the entire workout.

While I was putting Halloween decorations out front our mailman stopped by to deliver our mail. He asked if I was going to be ordering any more weights. Poor guy had to carry the weight a few blocks before delivering it to me. At least I didn't order the weights at the same time so he didn't have to carry both on the same day. I joked that I was working on getting stronger so he might have to deliver another weight in the near future.
Old 10-01-22, 07:01 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- I'm sorry your appointment didn't go well. Keep trying to find a doctor that will listen to you. He/She is out there; it is just a matter of finding him/her!

Today's workout- Body Kind Fitness- 10,000 steps in one hour. I almost quit this one after 10 minutes, but I stuck with it and ended up getting into a groove and finished the entire workout.

While I was putting Halloween decorations out front our mailman stopped by to deliver our mail. He asked if I was going to be ordering any more weights. Poor guy had to carry the weight a few blocks before delivering it to me. At least I didn't order the weights at the same time so he didn't have to carry both on the same day. I joked that I was working on getting stronger so he might have to deliver another weight in the near future.
That is hilarious about the mailman and then your joke about getting stronger.

I can't keep trying out doctors. My insurance stinks and I have wasted an enormous amount of time and money on truly awful medical care. I'm giving up. I had a great gynecologist who retired unexpectedly several years ago (I cried when I got the letter announcing her retirement) and DH had a great doctor who just retired.

I did Epic Endgame Day 1 - Proper Leg Day. Great workout with a nice mix of weights and bodyweight.

Erica
Old 10-01-22, 09:34 PM  
gigi

Erica, I suffered from insomnia for most of my life. It turned out to be anxiety for me. After getting on the right meds, I remember sleeping throug the night for the first time. When I woke up I almost cried from relief. It was so wonderful. I hate that you can't find a doctore who will listen to you. Don't give up. And the mailman's comment was hilarious!

Oh Wendy, that would be a tough conversation to have. I'm glad you were able to give his ex some closure though.

After 4 days in a row of no workouts I did a late workout tonight. I think I need to do less weight work because my long time "ailments" are healing. It felt great to move tonight. I started with an 8 Minute Full Body Warm Up. Then I did my favorite guy right now: Supreme Full Body Strength. It was excellent and my heart rate was sky high at times. I finished with a 15 Minute Full Body Mobility Routine.
Old 10-02-22, 06:46 PM  
gigi

I just finished CDorner's Sweaty Combat Cardio and finished with a 10 Minute Bedtime Moblility Routine. I hope you guys have a great week. I have some late evenings (M & W) and I have couple of uncomfortable meetings coming up on M & T. This too, shall pass.
Old 10-02-22, 07:22 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Erica, I suffered from insomnia for most of my life. It turned out to be anxiety for me. After getting on the right meds, I remember sleeping throug the night for the first time. When I woke up I almost cried from relief. It was so wonderful. I hate that you can't find a doctore who will listen to you. Don't give up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I just finished CDorner's Sweaty Combat Cardio and finished with a 10 Minute Bedtime Moblility Routine. I hope you guys have a great week. I have some late evenings (M & W) and I have couple of uncomfortable meetings coming up on M & T. This too, shall pass.
I am absolutely giving up. I'm done. I've seen four doctors this year who could have helped me but didn't even after I told them I'm struggling with anxiety/depression. They don't care and/or they are incompetent...I don't know. I think my insomnia is a combination of hormones and anxiety. I've had it for 18 or 19 years now.

Good luck with those uncomfortable meetings. Glad they are early in the week so you can get them done with soon.

Hi Wendy. Hope you are doing okay.

I did Caroline's Beastmode Chest and Triceps today. Good workout but would have been better IMO with more focus on chest and less on triceps. Still, it was very good. Finished off with five minutes of shoulders on my own. Then spent the rest of the day self-medicating my depression/anxiety with food... I need to figure out how to eat like a normal person.

Erica
Old 10-02-22, 07:23 PM  
wendug

I wasn't able to get a workout in today. My dh was napping on the living room couch (my workout space) and I didn't want to bother him. But, I did decide to do something I've been putting off for weeks- washing my car. I'm happy it is done and it looks great! I like to do it myself as a lot of the car wash places don't do a great job, or when they do they charge a ridiculous amount.

Gigi- Good luck with your week and your meetings.

Erica- Which is your absolute favorite lower body CG workout? Just curious as you seem to have done more of CG's workouts than I have. The Epic Endgame Proper Leg Day workout looks good.
Old 10-02-22, 07:50 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I love so many of CG's workouts! I have a list but it's on paper - I can type them out if you'd like. I have hearts by some of them so those must be my absolute favorites. I can type them all or just the ones with the hearts.

I also just started using Tiff and Dan's leg workouts and really like them - they are similar to Caroline's. I used to like a lot of Sydney Cumming's lower body workouts but haven't done them in a while.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts