Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-21, 08:27 AM  
muggle

Thank goodness she was able to be seen so fast. I hope she has a seemless & perfect recovery. It shows us how much Cathe loves us by pre-recording classes. Wow!! I for one will return the love by doing the MANY favorites I have in her large library of Live classes. Sending healing prayers!!

No need to worry Cathe....we got this!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 08:38 AM  
upperwside

Glad Cathe acted quickly and hope she has a speedy recovery. I feel like she's a friend, after working out to\with her for over 20 years!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 04:46 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

From her public facebook page a few hours ago:

Quote:
Snug as a bug in a rug, lol! Hi Everyone! It’s been so hard to have to lie on my side for so many days straight... not to mention also only being able to spend very limited amounts of time looking at a phone, computer or TV screen. I need to let my eyes rest for a couple of more days for my best possible outcome. Jenn has been so good about reading me all of your many, many, beautiful messages and I’m so grateful to all of you for them. You’ve helped cheer me up and I love you all dearly ❤️. In a couple of days I’ll be free to finally sit up and share an update but for now just wanted to pop in and say I miss you and thank you ❤️🤗
She also posted a photo.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 06:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Thank you for the updates ChelePA and adawn!!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 07:40 PM  
suzanne63

Hi I love Cathe. I am so sorry about her eye. I pray she feels better soon
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-21, 10:54 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

For those who have been to her gym. Does Cathe lead all the classes, or does she have other instructors who lead some of the classes? That's a huge workoad if she does it all herself.

I hope all goes well for her and she recovers fully.
Old 05-05-21, 09:11 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
For those who have been to her gym. Does Cathe lead all the classes, or does she have other instructors who lead some of the classes? That's a huge workoad if she does it all herself.

I hope all goes well for her and she recovers fully.
I think that she led two or three classes per week? When we went on the Roadtrips, I remember looking at a schedule. But that may have changed since then...plus I think they just restarted classes a few months ago due to the pandemic. There are other instructors that lead classes as well.

Regardless, I'm sure she's super busy managing the gym and her dvd/streaming/Cathe Live business with Chris. I bet she's going crazy having to be still and lay on her side for 5 days!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 05:38 PM  
ellaenchanted

I hope she has a speedy recovery and takes as much times off as she needs.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 10:40 PM  
unfetteredpast

The timing on this is uncanny. Two weeks ago I suddenly noticed light flashes in my left eye. At first, I wasn't sure if my hair had obstructed my vision in that eye, or if a car had gone by and flashed a reflection on the wall, but after a while, I realized it was my eye. The next day, I started seeing floaters in that eye. Of course, I consulted Dr. Google and figured it was either a serious thing or another door prize of getting older. I got myself in to see an optometrist (who said they'd refer me to an ophthalmologist if warranted). Of course, this was on a Friday afternoon, which just added to the drama. In the end, my retina is fine and my optometrist said this is just normal vitreous detachment that comes with age.

I'm glad that Cathe had her eye checked immediately and I hope that she has a full recovery.
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 08:49 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfetteredpast View Post
The timing on this is uncanny. Two weeks ago I suddenly noticed light flashes in my left eye. At first, I wasn't sure if my hair had obstructed my vision in that eye, or if a car had gone by and flashed a reflection on the wall, but after a while, I realized it was my eye. The next day, I started seeing floaters in that eye. Of course, I consulted Dr. Google and figured it was either a serious thing or another door prize of getting older. I got myself in to see an optometrist (who said they'd refer me to an ophthalmologist if warranted). Of course, this was on a Friday afternoon, which just added to the drama. In the end, my retina is fine and my optometrist said this is just normal vitreous detachment that comes with age.

I'm glad that Cathe had her eye checked immediately and I hope that she has a full recovery.
That very thing happened to me - it freaked me out and I went to the eye dr twice in two weeks. The thing is, in some cases that vitreous detachment can cause your retina to tear or detach. Since you were checked out and no evidence of that was found, you are fine. But, it is always good to go to have any changes in your vision checked out.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe injury, retina